FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 06:29 am   Permalink

Well that just gets a great big WooHoo! from me.

I just want to thank Humuhumu again. Ooga-Mooga was such a tremendous help to me in getting my collection back in shape after the accident at my house. I never would have been able to figure out what was missing if I didn't have each mug cataloged. Also, my insurance adjuster used Ooga-Mooga to verify the replacement values on my mugs.

Apart from that, it really is a wonderful resource. I love looking at other people's collections. While we all seem to have a great many mugs in common, there are tons of different or unique mugs that Ooga-Mooga gives us all the opportunity to see.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 06:43 am   Permalink

Thanks Humuhumu,

You're the best! You have definitely done so much to help the Tiki Community. It is truly beyond words. Keep up the good work!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 11:16 am   Permalink

I want to thank Ooga Mooga for making my day at work go by a lot faster. I registered this morning for the Standard account and have been posting mugs all day (instead of doing work). Thanks!!!!!

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 8:47 pm   Permalink

Just so I'm clear, the site doesn't provide "stock" photos of the mugs? In order for the pic to be there in your collection you have to upload your own photo?

Thanks

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 9:26 pm   Permalink

There are no "provided" pictures. The templates simply give a precise description to avoid confusion. It's all very well done, thanks to the database design skills of Humuhumu! Yes, you have to use your own pics, but that's what I love most about it! I really enjoy photographing these little buggers. They're SOOO interesting and expressive! I may have to quit slumming in "free trial" mode and upgrade to standard just so I can photograph more mugs!

Thanks Humuhumu!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 1:12 pm   Permalink

Yes, if you want your collection to have photographs, you upload pictures of your collection yourself. This is very, very easy -- much easier than posting a photo on Tiki Central. 3,252 images of mugs have been uploaded into Ooga-Mooga, creating a fantastic photo record of not just the mugs' basic appearance, but of the interesting variations between different mugs.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 12:46 pm   Permalink

And if you want to see a good example of how a photo should look I suggest look at SilverLines photos. Those look great, just check the mug number under the his name

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 12:58 pm   Permalink

I just uploaded photos of my humble collection to Ooga-Mooga today. Mahalo to Humuhumu for putting together such a useful and easy to use website! I wish it were so easy to upload photos to Tiki Central. I shiver to think what it would look like around here if Shutterfly ever went under!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 12:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-31 12:58, Aaron's Akua wrote:
I just uploaded photos of my humble collection to Ooga-Mooga today. Mahalo to Humuhumu for putting together such a useful and easy to use website! I wish it were so easy to upload photos to Tiki Central. I shiver to think what it would look like around here if Shutterfly ever went under!

A-A

Maybe we should all start ordering our favorite photos out of people's collections. That would probably keep Shutterfly in business. Maybe we should all just band together and purchase Shutterfly, sort of Tiki Central Photo Annex.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDiego
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-05 3:38 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu, I have a question - how are new mug templates added to Ooga Mooga?

There's obviously a bunch of mugs that have come out that do not have templates for them. Do you create each template on your own? It would seem the best way to keep Ooga Mooga fresh is to try to keep it as up to date as possible with all the new mugs that are continually being released and discovered. Letting the users add mug templates would be the easiest way to do it. Kind of wikipedia style. What do you think?

For example... I would love to see these guys have their own pages:
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/my/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=115&ind_mug_id=7879
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/my/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=124&ind_mug_id=6888

I love all the work you've done with critiki and ooga mooga, and I'm happy to be a part of it! Thanks for all of your hard work!

View Profile of TikiDiego Send a personal message to TikiDiego  Goto the website of TikiDiego     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-05 3:53 pm   Permalink

There are some very big changes in the works for Ooga-Mooga, and letting users add new templates is a part of it. Ooga-Mooga will also be expanding beyond tiki mugs! The design work is nearly done, and with luck I'll be able to start implementation soon. I'd like for it to be changed over by Hukilau, but I think it's more likely to hit after Hukilau. In the meantime, yes, all the templates have been hand-created by me. Right now, designing the new Ooga-Mooga has taken my attention away from the creation of new mug templates, but there are some other things happening behind the scenes that will hopefully soon get new templates in there for you, before the new Ooga-Mooga changes roll out.

Thanks so much for your patience, and your kind words about my efforts!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDiego
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-05 5:16 pm   Permalink

How exciting! Thanks for the update, I am looking forward to the changes!

View Profile of TikiDiego Send a personal message to TikiDiego  Goto the website of TikiDiego     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-05 5:52 pm   Permalink

awesome news, humuhumu! i hope i can contribute to the new, improved ooga-mooga.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 1:17 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Humuhumu! I'm very happy with my Ooga-Mooga experience so far, can't wait for the updates. Thanks again for setting up a great outlet for Tiki mug collectors. Peace and respect.

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2006-09-06 8:11 pm   Permalink

I look forward to your updates to Ooga Mooga Humuhumu! You're a talented web designer and Ooga Mooga is a wonderful display of collections! Mahalo nui loa!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation