FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
TikiDiego
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-23 12:51 pm   Permalink

Wow! I just wanted to say a big THANKS to Humuhumu for all the new mug templates that have been added to Ooga-Mooga recently! It's gotta be a lot of work to add all of them one at a time, and I really appreciate it.

I was super excited to see a template for this little guy:
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/my/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=1428&ind_mug_id=6889

Thanks again!

View Profile of TikiDiego Send a personal message to TikiDiego  Goto the website of TikiDiego     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 3:02 pm   Permalink

It is wonderful, isn't it? I cannot take credit, though -- for the past few weeks, the wonderful and generous Tiki Kate has been entering templates into Ooga-Mooga, for the good of her ever-tiki-mug-lovin' brethren (and sistren?). Tiki Kate offered to lend a hand with Ooga-Mooga while I work behind the scenes to get Ooga-Mooga 2.0 finished. She has simply been a massive help, and I cannot thank her enough.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDiego
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-23 4:00 pm   Permalink

Well thanks to Tiki Kate too, both of you rock! Can't wait to see what Ooga2 has to offer.

View Profile of TikiDiego Send a personal message to TikiDiego  Goto the website of TikiDiego     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 8:32 pm   Permalink

tiki-kate are humuhumu are the best!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-25 6:31 pm   Permalink

Ooga hits a 1000 temps. And soon a Ooga member is almost going to hit a 1000 tiki vessels. The count down is at hand. Just a few more to go.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 5:05 pm   Permalink

well, i am approaching 1000 on ooga-mooga, but i'll admit i've bent the rules by listing my vintage s&p shakers, 27 munktikis that don't qualify as vessels and 2 geckos that don't qualify. so my actual count is 915. in my defense, there were other collectors who listed tiki shakers, tiki vases, munktiki hangers and munktiki pendants before i did. i enjoyed seeing them, so i added mine.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-11 12:05 pm   Permalink

MAHALO Humuhumu & of course Tiki-Kate!! Wow! I appreciate your efforts, it makes Ooga- Mooga even better! what will 2.0 have in store?

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 1:13 pm   Permalink

The darling miss Tiki Kate is very deserving of all our thanks with Ooga-Mooga -- she's been a lifesaver, with her template-creating prowess.

The new revisions for Ooga-Mooga are on hold for a short bit for two reasons: 1) with the new changes, I anticipate a spike in usage, which means a spike in hard disk space usage. Now that Tiki Central is hosting images, there isn't room on the server for Ooga-Mooga to have that kind of growth, so we need to upgrade the hard disk. Not a huge deal, but it does push it back a bit; and 2) my work load is (happily!) quite heavy these days. I'm still working on Ooga-Mooga improvements, but it's happening in little bits & shreds here and there.

Ooga-Mooga 2.0 will allow folks to add their own templates, for mugs and for things beyond mugs, including postcards, menus, salt & pepper shakers & other serveware, matchbooks, swizzles, LPs, what have you. It will also include notifications when a mug on your wish list comes up for sale via Ooga-Mooga, and some general usability improvements that will be more subtle, but snazzy nonetheless. I'm not going to give a target date for when the rollout will be, because that'll just make folks antsy. I can hardly wait for it myself, though!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 1:45 pm   Permalink

I've been having a great time creating templates over the past few months. I didn't realize how much effort would go into it when I first started, but it's been an absolute labor of love.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 6:23 pm   Permalink

I'm still a newbie here at Tiki Central I guess. Don't know if there's a time frame for when you can consider yourself if not a veteran at least someone that's not still wet behind the ears. I've been using Ooga Mooga for a couple of months and I absolutely love it. I love putting my stuff up and I love looking at what other people have. Great job! It's going to take me awhile to get all my mugs up. I have 2 questions:
Question #1. In the new and improved Ooga Mooga 2.0 will we be able to correct mug templates. And by that I mean move from one template to another. For example I put up some mugs today under the generic template Orientalia. Some of them are clearly marked Orchids of Hawaiia and should have a template. Will we be able to create the correct template and then port stuff over to that correct template?
And that leads to question #2. I spend all day working in EXCEL. Strange as it sounds I love it. I'm very anal about my data. I've never been on the couch for psychoanalysis but I think that sometimes my life can get out of my control but my data never does. My wife and kids don't listen to me or do what I say but I can make my spreadsheets, representing millions of dollars, line up just the way I want them to. So, it kind of bugs me when I see duplicate templates in Ooga Mooga or mugs that are in the wrong templates. Now, dorky as this sounds, if someone was browsing in Ooga Mooga and saw someone had created a duplicate template, could they act like a hall monitor or a mug template correctness officer and have the offending mug politely ported over to the correct template?? I'm sorry. I know I have a problem. For people interested in collecting Tiki mugs this Ooga Mooga is just so awesome. I want it to be perfect. It has got to be so much work.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-11 7:34 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu...
YOU ROCK! All the things you've addressed towards collecting improvements and display within OM is V-E-R-Y exciting!! There are so many great 'non mug' tiki collections in hiding just waiting for thier debut! TC hosting photos, your Humu Kon Tiki updates and Critiki expansion...BRAVO!!!

Sooooo roll out the Monster Vundabyte hard disk and gett'er done!!!

Tiki-Kate...
YOU flicking da mighty template fingers, da Chockest Mahaloz for all your hard work in making reams of mug template updates!!! Like adding to a neverending inventory, you have brought many a misfit mug to da pages of da Hapi Peopo!

Aloha Nui Loa and Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2006-12-18 7:48 pm   Permalink

Any chance of a "My Least favorite Mug ...for today anyway" banner?

I think that would be fun.

Thanks for all your hard work. I love Ooga Mooga.

[ This Message was edited by: Bora Boris 2006-12-18 19:49 ]

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-31 5:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-26 17:05, kingstiedye wrote:
well, i am approaching 1000 on ooga-mooga, but i'll admit i've bent the rules by listing my vintage s&p shakers, 27 munktikis that don't qualify as vessels and 2 geckos that don't qualify. so my actual count is 915. in my defense, there were other collectors who listed tiki shakers, tiki vases, munktiki hangers and munktiki pendants before i did. i enjoyed seeing them, so i added mine.

Bullet it's always a pleasure seeing your collection I use it all the time as a reference lol.. soon that new 2.0 Ooga- Mooga steps in & that will rock!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-31 5:07 pm   Permalink

***** _______ WOW again at Tiki-Kate! She keeps on settin' us all up with templates through the holidays even!
A Million Mahalo'z again Kate! it's so nice & easy to reference & categorize now!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 7:13 pm   Permalink

No new hard drive yet, so Ooga-Mooga 2.0 is still waiting in the wings. But progress waits for no one, and so I've got a few swell new features in Ooga-Mooga. Call it Ooga-Mooga 1.5!

Salt & Pepper Shakers, and Serveware
Ooga-Mooga now holds salt & pepper shakers, and serveware (stuff like plates, creamers, compotes)! There's a new Basic Template for Salt & Pepper shakers, and one for Serveware, and I've also created a bunch of templates for shakers, mostly vintage ones.

Trader Accounts -- Favorite Tag
Trader Accounts are able to assign tags to their mugs, to help categorize and group their mugs. Now, something special happens with any mugs you tag "Favorite" -- those favorite mugs will be the ones selected for your My Favorite Mug image (as seen in Fun Stuff). Now, with a Trader Account, your favorite mug can really be your favorite mug!

Statistics Page Now Painless
I tried loading the Statistics page the other day, and boy was it sloooooooow. There's so much information in Ooga-Mooga now that it took a good minute to load. I restructured it, so now the Statistics are run once a day, instead of each time that page loads, and now it's super-zippy. Click with no fear! They're kinda fun, too: there are more than 10,000 mugs in Ooga-Mooga, in more than 250 collections!

Behind the Scenes - Backlog Cleared
I had a backlog of more than 8,000 images to be reviewed -- whoa nelly! I review images to tag the ones that are representative (front views) vs. the non-representative ones (backs, sides, bottoms, group shots). I created a better way of reviewing images, and I was able to clear out my backlog. Whew! It's much, much easier to review images now, so there shouldn't be another backlog.

Hope these new features add to your Ooga-Mooga enjoyment.

Another neat milestone to note: we're now up to over 2,000 templates in Ooga-Mooga! Many of these were added by Tiki-Kate -- thanks again, Tiki-Kate!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation