FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving SilverLine's latest attempt - in OAK! (March 6, page 6)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
SilverLine's latest attempt - in OAK! (March 6, page 6)
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-04 9:01 pm   Permalink

Silverline, they were lucky to have you! I think it's great to show your work even if it's not for sale. Nice self portrait with the Marq, BTW. Your photography skills are right on par with the carving!

Quote:

On 2007-03-03 20:55, Benzart wrote:
... it looks like you must have made him a complete Christian, you sanded the Hell out of him...

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-05 07:18 am   Permalink

Way cool! Congrats! Awesome carving!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 08:47 am   Permalink

Congrats, It doesn't surprise me, he looks perfect. It will be nice to hear what kind of feedback you get from the "Highbrow" set.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 11:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-03 21:45, 8FT Tiki wrote:How is the big oak carving coming ???

He's DONE! I'm not all that thrilled with how this one turned out, though. The oak was a real pain in the plunge-cuts so I'm afraid I didn't go as deep as I should have. Oh well, he's DONE, so time to move on to the next one! BTW, this one's for sale, but I really don't know where to start, price-wise. And suggestions would be VERY helpful!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 12:24 pm   Permalink

good stuff Silverline. Your latest creations have a nice vintage look...
congrats on the art show.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 1:42 pm   Permalink

Wow Silverline, just found your thread, you've got some amazing stuff here! I love how the cracks came out in the oak piece, I'm struggling with some cracks right now, and it's nice to see that a piece can still look really sharp with cracks in it.
How are you liking that Economy Flexshaft carver that you got last year? Still using it?

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 5:38 pm   Permalink

Damnit your stuff kicks so much arse. I dig it all!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 5:42 pm   Permalink

I haven't visited this since the early pages - great work man! Congrats on the art show - its well deserved This latest guy is great too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 7:20 pm   Permalink

Sl, That Oak is So nice, you should do a Whole series out of it. Good thing you aren't in the UK where thay carve Oak for breakfast every day. They LOVE carving OAK
Your Oak piece is excellent!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 7:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I'm not all that thrilled with how this one turned out, though.

I'm REAL thrilled with how it turned out--that's an a$$ kicker!
How tall is it?

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blowtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-07 8:38 pm   Permalink

That last piece is sooo awesome. The cracks give it a well aged appearance that enhance the piece in my opinion. I like the way that each piece you've chosen to do is pretty different from the previous. Quite a groovy evolution!

View Profile of blowtiki Send a personal message to blowtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 8:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody for the kind words. You know, there's always something you think you'd do differently if you had the chance. That's why you can never stop carving I guess! This guy is just under 3 feet tall. That dense oak tips the scales at around 80 lbs.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 10:33 am   Permalink

Very nice Marquesan. Good work. Tough wood!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 3:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-08 10:33, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Very nice Marquesan. Good work. Tough wood!

Agreed, very very nice....I like it and the contrast between the dark wood and the white is terrific! Great job!!!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-25 06:53 am   Permalink

I like it. I would give it the BK aging treatment though. Dull down the paint a bit. It has some cracks already, so, the BK treatment would only enhance that classic look.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation