FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Check out my new slide shows! Pg 3. 2/17/05
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Check out my new slide shows! Pg 3. 2/17/05
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 5:28 pm   Permalink

Yup, 1000 posts!! Who would a-thunk you could have so much fun with a 'puter and a bunch tiki loonies. Hooray for all us kooks!
O.K, I have finally got caught up with my pics. Here is another painting I did for Oasis V:

"The lonely Hukilau" mixed media on masonite.

The rest of my art can be seen on these previous threads:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=8617&forum=7&start=0

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6861&forum=7&start=0&hilite=shack

...and to think I almost wasted my 1000th post in bilge posting a picture of Ernest Borgnine!

Come explore www.lost-isle.com
Kamapua'a the Hawaiian Pig God www.piggod.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2005-11-02 11:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2006-02-17 15:20 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 5:36 pm   Permalink

Beautiful picture! I like the pink fish the most.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 5:39 pm   Permalink

Nice! I'm partial to the octopi myself. And look who's strutting around with 4 digits.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 5:55 pm   Permalink

Very Nice Chongolio!!! I like the way it is a night scene with bright colors. And I also dig the Fish and the Octopus. Thanks for posting pics!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 7:27 pm   Permalink

Hey Chongo!! I'm right behind you with the posts.... Congratulations! As always, killer art with great style too. Long live Ernest too. I still like the old 1955 movie of his, "Marty". I like that part where he's BS'in with all his friends: "...Mickey Spillane, he's the guy.... nobody can write like Mi-ckey Spil-lane... Yeah, he's the guy alright...." or something to that effect. I better cool it with the rambling before this post gets tossed into Bilge Hell...

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 8:27 pm   Permalink

congrats on 1000 posts, your art is great, keep up the good work...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 03:54 am   Permalink

Cool art, and congrats on the 1000th post. Very cool on both accounts

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 07:33 am   Permalink

Congrats on 1000...The painting has a nice VanGoghish feeling around the volcano flames.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 08:48 am   Permalink

If i had a dollar for for every time you posted, I'd have a grand in my pocket. Drinks are on me!! Hell yeah. Great picture and I like how you have different styles. Everyone needs to just pick up a paintbrush and get busy.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 09:15 am   Permalink

Way to go Chongo! 1000 posts Already, ow did you do it so Fast? About time too.
I love that electric, spicy looking water. Surprized the fisherman can eat anything out of it, unless of course he is fishing for a meal for his tiki buddy there. Nice.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 2:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody for the comments and the looks.
Finkdaddy- I like the way the fish turned out to. Kind of like he is looking out at you.

Raffertiki- Hands have always been tough for me to draw. all of the guys proportions are way out of whack. I just went with it.

Spermy- Thanks bro, the paint pens I have been using are really vibrant. You should see it "live." It looks like it is moving.

Sam- Never saw Marty but I rented it from Netflix. I will let you know what I thought after I watch it. I always like Ernie in the war films.

Kirby and Hewey- you guys both keep creating and postin too. I really is inspirational seeing everybody take on Tiki.

Tiki Tammy- I can see a little Van Gosh in the flames, though painting wise I am more inspired by Wallisy Kandinsky. This is one of my favorite pieces by him:

http://www.auburn.edu/academic/liberal_arts/foreign/russian/art/kandinsky-woman.html

teaKey- If I had a dollar for every dot on that picture I would by us all drinks...in Hawaii!

Benz- Yes thatsa spicy meataball. Like I said to Spermy, The water looks like it is moving in real life. Spicy good description. Like a dollop of wasabi under the tongue. Well see how fast I make 2000 now that I am a bilge local

Y'all rock thanks again for peekin'

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
russell s. monkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-05 3:16 pm   Permalink

that fish's eyes follow me, no matter where I go!!!

View Profile of russell s. monkey Send a personal message to russell s. monkey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 5:13 pm   Permalink

RUSSELL!!! That fish know a good looking monkey when she see's one.

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 8:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Raffertiki- Hands have always been tough for me to draw. all of the guys proportions are way out of whack. I just went with it.

Hah!

I meant the 4 digits (1000+) next to your name. Your art is totally cool.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 9:57 pm   Permalink

Raffertiki, That's funny! Digits,,,fingers..I am such a goober sometimes. I was kinda laughin at the guys hands from the begining. Thanks for the compliment on the art.
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation