FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The London Luau, 3rd Sept, Trader Vics, with photos
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The London Luau, 3rd Sept, Trader Vics, with photos
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 12:57 pm   Permalink

Wow wow wow!! That's crazy! What a fun story to be able to tell. This night looks like an absolute blast, I'm extremely regretful that I won't be able to make it. Hmmmm... perhaps if I put on a dog costume I could fly crate class? Have a great time, you lucky souls who can be there!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-28 01:21 am   Permalink

As Cheekytiki knows, I won't be able to make it, which is a complete bummer. It looks like a really great night out, with a fine line-up of talent and lashes of rum. At first 50 ($90)
seems a lot of money for a night out, but when you remember how much Vic's charges for food and drink, throw in a mug, and consider all the entertainment on offer, you realise it's a bargain.

Well done to Cheeky for having the brass balls to organise a Tiki event of this size and scope in the UK. The size of the Tiki contingent over here is extremely tricky to gauge, so it's a real step into the unknown. Previous Tiki events have been low-key affairs where no money has been risked, so this kind of event takes things a whole lot further.

Good luck to Cheeky & hope everyone has a great time!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-28 02:58 am   Permalink

All I can say is I hope this a smashing success, and hope that you can do it again next year, would be fantastic to be a able to plan for it with more notice. Be proud that you have the looks for just a amazing event. By the by, is the only way to purchase a mug by buying a ticket? Mahalo!

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pickle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-29 01:00 am   Permalink

Wow...

The Legend and I were at Trader Vic's this weekend, and that's when we found out about the Luau! I'm not sure I can afford Trader Vic's twice in one week!The mug looks so cool as well! awwww! We asked the manager about it and there were 50 tickets left on Sat night...so don't worry if you haven't got your ticket yet (tho it'll most probably sell out soon!)

I so wish that I found out about it before!

Hope you all have a great time tho, would've been good to haev met a few more faces off the board!

View Profile of Pickle Send a personal message to Pickle      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 05:26 am   Permalink

Hey Pickle,
Shame you both can't make it, I did try to contact you by PM.
Hopefully if all goes well we will do it again next year and try to give more notice beforehand.
Thanks Woody, shame you can't come either.
As for the mug, they are only available if you go to the event, sorry.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-31 01:33 am   Permalink

Got my tickets in the post, looking forward to a great night.

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 01:59 am   Permalink

If anyone's in London for the London Luau on Saturday, and you wanna buy some booze, check out Gerry's at the end of Old Compton street. They have a vast amount of spirits and those hard to find cocktail ingredients. Cash only though.
I'll be popping in to pick up some more rum and orgeat.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 01:59 am   Permalink

so, how was it ??? pictures please

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 03:54 am   Permalink

I've just woken up after what can only be described as a complete sucess.
We had fantastic shows from all of the acts involved, the fisherman even played Warren Zevons, Werewolves of London.
Cyril Lefebvre is the Best and Kevin Ancell even joined in on uke.
The Tahitians, Terii Nui, were as always brilliant. If you guys in the States don't get them over to play you are misssing out big time.The guys are great and the girls are soooooo beautiful and talented
We auctioned off the bottle of Wray and Nephew 17 yr old, and someone walked away with it for only 100, apparently on the open market this was worth up to 3000, the other small bottle we were given WE DRANK but everyone had a taste. And for all yo doubting Thomases, Joy Spence is going to send a letter of authenticity to us, the winner and on i will post it on here.
Trader Vics did a fantastic job too, next year they want to do something bigger, and also maybe take it to some of their other places in Europe.
Thanks again to everyone for coming and we will see you again next year, now I just have to find the rest of the Fisherman ( I only seem to have one)to take them on a tour of London.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 07:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-04 01:59, virani wrote:
so, how was it ??? pictures please

WE DEMAND!! No we beg, plead, give us pictures!!

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pickle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-04 12:39 pm   Permalink

Yeah come on PHOTOS!!!

we want some more blow by blow accounts of the evening

View Profile of Pickle Send a personal message to Pickle      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 08:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-04 12:39, Pickle wrote:
Yeah come on PHOTOS!!!

we want some more blow by blow accounts of the evening

And we are STILLwaiting!

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 3:30 pm   Permalink

We are just waiting for ours to be developed, we didn't have a digital camera with us.
Anyway, we have given most of the fisherman back to you, Brian is still here with his wife but leaving tomorrow.
thanks again to all who came, it was a really posotive experience.
Photos to come from us at the end of the week, we have Barry McGees exhibition on Thurs to finish the film, then I will post them.

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 05:06 am   Permalink

Here's a few pics sent to me

The London Luau Mug

TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-07 08:43 am   Permalink

Fantastic time cheeky, really enjoyed it. Great to catch up with everyone, food was excellent, the drink was flowing (bad hangover the next day), the music and dancers were amazing, the fisherman - wow - superb - the cover of Nellys Hot in Here was really cool. Well done to everyone involved, cheers Cheeky, heres to the next one!

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation