FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Kona Luanii, Denver, CO
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
The Kona Luanii, Denver, CO
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 1:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-25 10:04, ZuluMagoo wrote:
The ceiling rework is finish. It was a major pain in the ass, but it looks much better now.

Yeah!! Now you're talkin! Looks great. Maybe you should go with black though? (kidding, kidding)

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
differnt

Posted: 2007-05-08 4:07 pm   Permalink

As luck would have it, I found your post while looking for pirate themed decor for my 2 year old son. I was trying to discover how to make a realistic looking sail (thus make his bed look like a pirate ship). I found so many great ideas here. I had gotten material from Walmart for $1 per yard, so will distress the material with ink. I love the part on the bar with the bucket for a lookout. The sign idea will work great for a pirate wanted sign I have. It was made using my son's picture. Thanks again & I plan to check back often for more ideas & inspiration. I will try to post pictures when it is all done for anyone who might be interested.

View Profile of differnt Send a personal message to differnt  Email differnt Goto the website of differnt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 8:34 pm   Permalink

Holy Toledo! I think we've found Martha Stewart's illegitimate son. You know, the one with the "Tiki Problem"! Maybe we should stage an intervention!
Seriously. What you have done is truly amazing & I'm jealous as heck! {Sorry for the strong language...Kids. cover your ears!}

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T1K1 LEE
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-16 9:34 pm   Permalink

Hey hey'
Just wanted to say thank you for showing us all some great ideas for creating "TIKI SPACE". I used your example for "ships rigging" but I doubled-up the blocks in two cases. Will post pics when done with project. Thanks again.

Tiki Lee

View Profile of T1K1 LEE Send a personal message to T1K1 LEE  Email T1K1 LEE Goto the website of T1K1 LEE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Minerva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-17 2:40 pm   Permalink

That's amazing work there. It's positively inspirational.

My husband keeps making comments about my bric-a-brac in the curios looking like a tropical shipwreck .... I'll have to show your wonderful work to my husband when he gets home because it's giving me ideas!

View Profile of Minerva Send a personal message to Minerva  Goto the website of Minerva     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 09:47 am   Permalink

It's been a while since I posted any progress pics. I have done a lot more with the space since I last posted.

However, I thought I'd post some pics I have taken over the years (specifically from Disneyland and Walt Disney World) that have provided the inspiration and a portion of the overall theme I am creating at the Kona Luanii.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikienvy

Posted: 2007-05-21 4:19 pm   Permalink

You are quite an inspiration! I don't have space for a tiki bar in my home but am a huge tiki and disney fan, particularly of the tiki room and pirates. Your birds inspired me to make one of my own. It's kind of a tiki room meets pirates. Thanks again for the inspiration, your bar is looking amazing and look forward to your next update with pictures! Mahalo

View Profile of tikienvy Send a personal message to tikienvy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 10:38 pm   Permalink

After almost a year's worth of work (started 4th of July 2006), the Kona Luanii is finished (almost). I still have to redo the surface of the bar top and recover the cusions on the loveseat, but other than that, complete. I cannot take full credit for this endeavor. My mom is an absolute HGTV addict and when I stared working on this project she jumped at the chance to help out. Thanks mom!!! Without further ado, the Kona Luanii......

It's hard to see some of this stuff in darker corners so I used a flash once in a while to show items.

I know televisions are taboo in tiki bars, but I wanted one to be able to watch 'appropriate' films, etc. So I just hid mine. I just pull up the burlap canvas bag over the front. The DVD player is hidden in a crate next to the TV.

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2007-06-03 23:08 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 10:44 pm   Permalink

Yes, I have some TikiMon chacters, built them their own village.

Dollar store tikis don't look too bad if you put them in the right environment.

Parts of a Crazy 'Al chess set.

Another dark corner.

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 10:48 pm   Permalink

A lamp that I made.

Another lamp that I made.

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 10:51 pm   Permalink

WHEW!!!! The pictures start to blend together after a while, sorry, I may have posted a few too many. Otherwise, any tikiphiles passing thru Denver are welcome to stop in for a visit. We would be glad to have you!

Zulu

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 11:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-03 22:51, ZuluMagoo wrote:
WHEW!!!! The pictures start to blend together after a while, sorry, I may have posted a few too many.

No way! I really enjoyed scrolling down and finding more and more corners of your bar to peer into. Just awe-inspiring....
It is now my life's goal that my next home has a basement!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 11:25 pm   Permalink

Congratulations on a stunning home bar!!!! Great work!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 12:12 am   Permalink

beautiful home bar - you should feel very proud of work, it looks great! I love the nautical spin you put on it.

You can never post too many pictures, the more the merrier!!!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 08:51 am   Permalink

Wow! Zulu, you should be very proud. That is a fantastic tiki/beachcomber room. I am inspired. I would love to visit: I will bring the rum.

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation