FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Post
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
Carving Post
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 8:46 pm   Permalink

double post,oops

[ This Message was edited by: hula hula on 2003-03-11 20:47 ]

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 8:47 pm   Permalink

ok here's a work in progress, i think im getting the hang of it. I just got this fresh log from polypop (thanks bro) and it carve nicely, just gotta remember to seal it once im done.One question how do you cut open and carve out the mouth, thats some serious diggin!

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 8:50 pm   Permalink

Damn Hula, that was quick! I just gave you that log yesterday. Looking pretty good there. Regarding the mouth, you can probably use a power tool (like a chainsaw) to make easier and save you time.

As previously stated, I'm drinking that pumpkin beer to help me grow some balls and post pics of my first carving. So far it's not working.

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-03-11 20:52 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 8:58 pm   Permalink

I just started today, but i should have the rest fleshed out tommarow, but the detail stuff will take me forever.......
Carving is a great stress relive!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: hula hula on 2003-03-11 20:59 ]

GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 12:58 am   Permalink

Hula, wot da hell is dat hammer doing on da left side of da tiki? eh, whateva works dude!

I can't wait to see these virgin tikis by PP,Mr.Tiki bar, and so on! I like dem chewed up no. 2 pencil pix!

oh, wot da hell is pumkin beer PP? I'll take ya to get some Kava wen you get here, some ting gooood!....it taste like pumkin...ya, da dirt that da pumpkin grows in!!!

"3 tiki mugs" whateva mo like 300 ya?

Lake Surfer, eh nice lamp cuz! I hate carvin small tikis...don't know why? I guess cus they're small. I got a 6footer on order and can't wait to get down an dirty in da ring wit em.

shootz

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 08:06 am   Permalink

Lake Surfer, THAT is a very nicely carved lamp. Good job.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 09:52 am   Permalink

Ok. I have been away from this site for a while now chiseling away getting ready for an art show here in Jacksonville Beach FL that's coming up. Have managed to carve 11 tiki's so far....even (2) 6ft rootballers. Will get pics on soon........ And yes they are "FLORIDA STYLE". I do live in Florida, so if you have to make a comment about it go ahead. I think the whole "style saga" is a funny, but rather insignificant issue anyway........it's all about "art", so who cares. Longboard, shortboard?????? The saga's never end, we just deal with it. They are only created by the people who have nothing else to worry about and that are insecure about their own abilities.....I like ALL styles.

I also have a question for some of you carvers, although I think I might have a solution to the problem already....."MOLD" on wet logs appearing after you finish carving.....How do YOU deal with it. Have ran across a few really wet ones that seem to creep mold, but I zap it with mixture of bleach and a fungacide, then Thompsonize the hell out of it. Seems to be working so far. Any other suggestions besides "not to carve wet logs anymore"????? Also "debarking a log. Came across a cool little tool called a "Log Wizard". Anybody tried one of these contraptions that fit on the end of a chainsaw bar and acts as a planer yet??? Have been using a "Lancelot" on an angle grinder, but it's still hard work. Info on how the "Log Wizard" perfoms if you have would be cool......Easiest logs to debark?????

Enough for now....."Freak"

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 10:35 am   Permalink

yes wet logs suck! i usually spray em with a bleach/water mixture. As far as peeling a log...I haven't found a easy way yet. I do it all by hand, no power tools. When I would carve mexican fan palm I woud use a blade and thats it. It's done by hand at Ocianic Arts too. No real trick. good luck

aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 10:45 am   Permalink

Thanks Gecko. Was sure to hear from you. Yeah I have been doing it by hand, but they are so freakin stringy, those mexican palms. Pain in da but.......

Have seen your post on carvin a tiki. Very cool to share with others. Your work is pretty awesome.....

How have the waves been on the North Shore lately????? Gettin' any?????? Check out my surf clubs website at
http://www.wavemasters.org if you get a chance. Have an upcoming contest in May we put on every year. Have pics posted in member photos. It'a an o.k. site, nothin' special......

Thanks, "Freak"

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 7:57 pm   Permalink

Here is first tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: mrtikibar on 2003-03-13 20:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mrtikibar on 2003-03-13 20:04 ]

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 9:50 pm   Permalink

Hey MrTikiBar, what's up with your web site? Gotta click on the files to see the images. Dat tiki look betta den de wun I fust cahvd. Hey braddah my pigin sucks.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-03-13 22:00 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 10:18 pm   Permalink

The website is messed up. I don't know what the heck happened. How weird. I will check with my friend, Lou, who understands these things, (sometimes).

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 10:27 pm   Permalink

Hey JT, that's pigin(sp)? Thought you were typing drunk from the crawl?Just messin.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 01:36 am   Permalink

MrTikibar, the website isn't pointing to your main page. http://home.europa.com/~forsythe/welcome.htm
That's about all I could figure. BTW that party looked like a really good time!

Just trying to help!

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2003-03-14 01:39 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 07:17 am   Permalink

Turbogod,
I was having a lot of computer problems and finally had to reinstall Windows. I think this must have something to do with the website bug. Thanks for your input. Also Thanks braddah JT.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation