FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Post
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
Carving Post
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 08:07 am   Permalink

Chikitiki, Gecko is rubbing off on me.
TurboGod, plmeovr, that's a good one. Cajabuz braddah!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 09:26 am   Permalink

Hey Mrtikibar. That tiki Rules! That last shot should be on the cover of something! Its got that Jungle voodoo thing working full strength. Nice work! be sure to seal in a virgin maidens blood! Goat juice will work in a pinch.
Boo-haa-haa-haa..........Brah.

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 11:40 am   Permalink

Gecko and Jungle Trader, mahalo for your compliments! I love working small, its a challenge to get all those tiny details in there, and the results are rewarding! I do have four six foot by 2 foot diameter logs I have yet to start on... I am a bit timid about them still but, Gecko, as you said I will have to "get down an dirty in da ring wit em.

Tiki Freak... I use and old school tool called a drawblade to remove bark. If you keep 'em sharp they do the trick! And you can find them at flea markets for cheep...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 9:24 pm   Permalink

Ok , here goes. I posted successfully on the testing site but the pictures are teeny weeny. Anyway, here ya go.

Second tiki I did.

This one I carved a few years ago in my living room.

This was a queen palm I carved a few years back that has slowly become a checking and cracking nightmare.

Uh oh, I think I just figured out why my pictures are dinky. Maybe these will be larger.

This one I carved about a month ago after a long hiatus from carving.

This guy was too heavy for me to lift. So envision him not lying onconcrete.

I'm going to stop, although I have more to post. I need to see if this sort of turns out.

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 9:32 pm   Permalink

Pretty darn good, huh guys? Boy do I feel better. I felt like I was sworn to secrecy not being able to show Tikifilles pictures. I really like the heavy one lying on the ground. Hey Dawna, do you have a name for any of them yet?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 9:55 pm   Permalink

Mr.TikiBar congrats braddah! looks pretty kewl dude, see PolyP nobody scared here! "PP" is also a abreviation(sp?) fo POST PIX PolyPop!!!

Tikifille....are you single?? jus joke. you go wahine!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 10:34 pm   Permalink

Tikifille, Excellent work!!!

Now I really don't wanna post mine...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 10:43 pm   Permalink

(spoken like Elvis) Thank ya thank ya very much.
SCD you have past the "CONE OF SILENCE" test. Congrats.
PP- post the pics. My first one is not posted because it came out just fine ...except for the fact that I forgot to put a body on it....the wood was way too wet....its face fell of within 3 years...etc.
Gecko-yeah, rub it in. It's Friday night and I'm posting on tikicentral. Single.
I'm gonna try to post a few more, but in the carve your own tiki strand. Seeing as though I'm single and I've got nothing better to do.

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 11:08 pm   Permalink

ey no worries, I'm home fo da night to sistah! I asked if you was single in a joking way refering to I could use a wahine like you. anyways, good job elvis!

alohaz

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 11:13 pm   Permalink

Cool carvings peeps. If I missed anybody, that one is for y'all. Freak, I do the same as Gecko. Makes for some wide shoulders, you almost have to do it pissed off-like?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-15 12:18 pm   Permalink

Enlargements of Tikifilles pictures.
This one is great!

Wish I could do some carving like you guys (and gal), but my artistry only goes as far as drawing "stickmen" with happyfaces, so instead of palm logs, I'd be scavaging for old broomsticks and round wood table tops.

WannabeArtisticCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-15 12:37 pm   Permalink

wow tikifille very nice work!

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 10:21 am   Permalink

Super work fille. Very impressive. You can really see the difference a hand tool makes. You gonna keep posting pics here?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 10:53 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade on 2004-11-14 17:37 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 4:10 pm   Permalink

A weapon should be worthy of the warrior, right? This is an Akatara (Cook Islands) I just finished for Gecko. It is six feet three inches long, carved in old growth black walnut and is a combination of three of this type of weapon that I have pictures of. It requires applying 44 individual serrated edges, 22 on each side...(boy, when those are done decorating the club is a pleasure!). The ancient design of these clubs is astonishingly effective, considering they are made of wood. Prior to finishing this one I took a single hard swipe at a 240-lb. corobond box, about the thickness of the skin on your knee, and this thing ripped a ghastly hole straight across it with ease (I have a picture I'll put on later). That said, this was done in the hands of a big, clumsy ass like me. Written history has it that indigenous war-wagers anywhere in the South Pacific were Samurai-like in their skill and discipline with their weapons. I could only imagine what kind of hell 3-or-4 hundred of these could unleash on a British or Dutch crew of 50 or 60 armed with muskets. You'd get the first shot off on the first wave of warriors and the second wave would be on you like a swarm of bees. Unlike the western invaders, they had no fear of death. You'd be (1) dead or (2) cut from stem to stern before you could even get your patch box open to load the second shot. Just ask James Cook! The small club pictured in the last shot is a simple Samoan type similar to ones that hang in groups in the Mai Kai and the now defunct hollywood Don The Beachcomber's.

[ This Message was edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-03-30 00:14 ]

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation