FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Post
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
Carving Post
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 5:20 pm   Permalink

BK,
That looks fantastic. You are definitely Kahuna of the Polynesian war arsenal. I don't know if it would be a good idea to have that dangerous weapon around a group of grog crazed tiki conventioners but it would be a treat to have some on display at the Tiki Oasis swap meet. Any chance of that?

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 6:40 pm   Permalink

That's somewhat far for me unless I could ship to a trustee but I will be at Hukilau with a few.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 9:57 pm   Permalink

well well well, r u tyin to impress me BK?

This carvin warrior will except his Cook Island Akatara by the weapons master from da village of TC. With da pleasure of knowing my fello weapons masta and friend I will retire da weapon and display it on da wall of my home of which it desirves to be.

I love da art of da Cook islands. Da Tiki Tangaroa is by far one of my favorites. So, da akatara will be a great piece to add to my personel collection. I will be looking to do more with ya BK for you have da mana fo weapons. Mahalo for your dedication and hard work on da Akatara. BK is da village blacksmith so go get your weapons.

Mahaloz BK!!!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 10:27 pm   Permalink

BK , we'll be at the Oasis,so if you set up this sale, ship it over.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 11:31 pm   Permalink

P.S. Swanky and Kiliki have started a fund to bail us all out of jail saturday morning so we can make the Mai Kai show.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 12:22 am   Permalink

BK sed
"Nothing like liquor, tikis, a big fireworks assortment, and ocean to get the stress off"

and Wahines! for us single guys. sorry BK.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 12:36 am   Permalink

I thought you had a wahine?

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 08:02 am   Permalink

BK,
I'll add $some to that "Bail Fund"! See you in June.(tikis,booze,fireworks,ocean,score!!!)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 08:02 am   Permalink

BK,
I'll add $some to that "Bail Fund"! See you in June.(tikis,booze,fireworks,ocean,score!!!)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 10:26 am   Permalink

Unbelieable all the killer work posted this past week. P-pop haven't seen your post yet, whassup? Tikifille, what a great collection of tikis you busted out. The dude withthe tongue looks like he has a nice spot to hang out.
B.K. Dude, do you sleep? Your attention to detail is amazing. I am glad I am not a box laying around the Carvin' hut. After reading yur post about the weapons and then reading the one about the booze and fireworks on the beach, I have a very disturbing Hunter Thompsonesque vision of all you maniacs running loose under an apocalypce sky with primitive weapons. Scaring the crap out of whomever is nearby while you pillage palm logs. Gecko will probally be in bushes with some Wahine, eh Gecko!

Chongolio

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 11:15 am   Permalink

Chongolio sed "Gecko will probally be in bushes with some Wahine, eh Gecko!"
dats right braddah Chongolio!

BK sed "I thought you had a wahine?"
Ey, don't type that so loud cuz!!
I don't have a ring on da finga brah.

anyways can't wait fo suckem up with da TC Villagers in da sunshine state of Florida!

Aloha

Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 12:33 pm   Permalink

I figured I should throw a few of my palms into the ring...

And...

And then, lets get small...

Cheers!
Tiki King

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 4:13 pm   Permalink

Tiki King,
Nice tikis. I also enjoyed the writings (ramblings) from your website. Funny!
BK, yes we are bringing a small group to Palm Springs.
Also, thanks to Chongolio and the pro carvers for encouraging us amatuer carvers. A lot of satisfaction and (one sore elbow.)

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 5:05 pm   Permalink

Nice stuff, TK!

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-20 2:38 pm   Permalink

OK, well I've finally built up the courage to post some of my Hack-Jobs here for all to see. Please be kind, I'm still a Newbie at all this!

Here's a pic of my first Tiki. This log was started at Sabu's house during our super-secret carving session with the Masked Magician - Chiki Tiki. We didn't get very far that day and as such, I finished it at home. The "weathered" finish is a result of me staining the whole log and then sanding the raised portions with 40 grit.

Here's one I carved from a scrap of Pine that came from a tree my buddy just cut down. As you can see, Pine has different properties to it than Palm. The first two pics is the log as I rough it out.

Being the Newbie that I am at carving, I really jacked up a few things and so, decided to cut my losses and end my carving early. I really wanted to carve my lines deeper and add more detail to this one but I didn't want to waste more time on a tiki that kind of went south so left it kind of half-assed. When I reached a stopping point, I went ahead and sanded it for stain. As you'll notice, I left the skin on the back.

Here's the finished tiki after stain. I really tried the best I could to salvage the log but figured, it's going outside anyway. The stain is still in the process of drying. Once dry, I'll sand it smooth and coat it with some Polyurethane.

After the last one I did, I'm anxious to start a new one however, don't look forward to skinning the log (what a pain in the ass)! I'll post pics when its done.

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-03-20 16:35 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation