FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Post
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
Carving Post
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 9:36 pm   Permalink

BK and Geck, can I get this pic autographed? I'm serious.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 9:37 pm   Permalink

Sure, I'll bite!.....Geck?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 10:24 pm   Permalink

Okay BK, I'm sendin' you a glossy pic. Where do I send it? You can send me an e-mail if you like. Thanks!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 07:46 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikifreak 2006-02-28 10:37 ]

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 12:20 pm   Permalink

"The Islander & The Mainlander"

"Two individuals, even though born & raised thousands of miles apart, hold three things in common: women, strong tropical concoctions and Tiki! See them swoon the ladies, sip Scorpions, and carve creations like no other!

Coming to a theater near you. Rated R."

ha ha ha ha!
Eh SCD, dat was a classic paragraph! dat would have took me a month to tink of and put'em on paper. Da swoonstaz eh?

ummm....Let me quote you SCD...see if you remember dis

"Oh, is this your floor too?"

I remember dat sentence like it was yesterday my friend. I was laughing the rest of da way down da elevator! don't act dumb playa playa! Now I know why your da SCD!
dats all i gon say braddah.

Jungletrader, no worries brah, send me da pic of me and dat crazy haole beside me. Could you send me a copy of dat pic to. No need fo sign'em.

speaking of signed pics, I'm sending you da signed pic of me and Mr. Martin Denny as promised today. You should get it in a few days.

Howzit Octane, Da Tangaroa was made of coconut palm. You tinking about making one?

Shaka!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 1:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Howzit Octane, Da Tangaroa was made of coconut palm. You tinking about making one?

not sure i'm going to make one or not. i just really like the look of the wood, when you showed the picture before the stain went on. it had a nice color and look to it, something i hadn't seen before. by the way it turned out great, the aging technique you used looks perfect.

Tiki freak those two tikis you finished are looking good or as you say (badass).

[ This Message was edited by: Octane on 2003-08-13 13:08 ]

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 7:14 pm   Permalink

Man, for what little it's worth, Octane, I think you're on fire, man....I've never seen somebody improve/get more complex so fast or so prolifically. You could make a lot of money at this and even more so if you keep the steady improvement in quality going.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 7:16 pm   Permalink

Tikifreak-the chupacabras are cool.

Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 7:58 pm   Permalink

Now, now BK i don't think i deserve all that, though i do appreciate it ALOT, and by the way any information from you on carving is held very high, as your work speaks for it self.

well as far as making some money at carving that might happen (though i still have every carving i'v done), as a few people have shown some interest including a local resturant. but who knows.

here is one i'm in the middle of it's a Moai. it will be 46 inches tall when finished. this is the other half of the log (palm) that i carved the first Moai out of a few weeks ago.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 10:56 pm   Permalink

I've discovered something about half-rounds recently...They're damned great!..Two grooves about an inch deep up the back and good brushing of satin urethane and they hardly ever split...they are versatile,they also dry fast and clean, and they give the same look and front surface area while conserving vital space AND can easily be screwed to a wall or doorframe. Not only that, but half the weight, which is a good thing when you have back and hip joint problems at 32 from playing human forklift for half your life! I'm still doing full round poles, too, of course, but the half-rounders are going to be a permanent addition to my media now. Most any tiki you look at is mainly front-image area anyway.

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 11:45 pm   Permalink

T.F Those things are wicked lookin' Those Muthas would keep the ol ladies out of my garden for sure. Personally, not a fan of the metal nose ring though. Maybe if it was made out of a bone and looked more native style it would be cool. I am just not a Nose ring kinda guy.
Hey Octane, That one is starting to look like Conan O'brien. Just Kiddin'
Those are some deserved props comin' from the Kahuna. Nice work!
SCD, BK, Gecko, I bet all the girls go "Zazz" when you three enter the lounge.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 12:54 pm   Permalink

Chongolio, come on, Conan O'brien, i was thinking more David lettermen! but, the more i look at it, i could see a little Conan in there. pretty soon i will have them all. LOL

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 1:23 pm   Permalink

Hey Octane, That could be your niche. Celebrity tiki carvins.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 5:52 pm   Permalink

well here is the Moai almost finished (95%). i have to cut the bottom off so he will stand up straight (the only power tool that will be used), and do a little finish work. He will have to sit for about a week to let him dry out (as this peice of palm was really wet), so i can do some sanding and finish work. he isn't exact to the actual Moai. i might add some carvings on the back like the real Moai have or add some of the Easter Island writing.

[ This Message was edited by: Octane on 2003-08-14 17:56 ]

tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-15 11:09 pm   Permalink

Hey Basement Kahuna- I guess I take this "teach so you get the summer off" thing seriously. I've been in Yosemite, Jalama (a Cali beach camp place), and cross country for 3 weeks. I'll cruise over to my sister in law's and post pictures a piece I finished in June. I'm finishing up a 7 ft. piece (that I started in 2001--what a slacker!) Then you're up. (Maybe I should just give you the orig.) How about a X-mas delivery? My work ethic needs help. Drop me a line et nous pouvons parler.

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation