FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Post
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
Carving Post
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-26 10:38 am   Permalink

I have toyed with the idea of building travel bar sized portable miniature tiki bars that maybe "pop up" into a diorama when you open them (with a place to put four full-sized bottles and fou mugs, of course).

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-26 6:26 pm   Permalink

here's a 3 1/2 foot New Guinea wall panel with a touch of my imagination.

this is the part i wen made up.

this is a traditional style Hawaiian menehuni mask.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-26 8:25 pm   Permalink

Those are cooool...Like the paint on the NG mask especially.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-26 8:47 pm   Permalink

howzit BK,

I like painting some of the tiki's and NG stuff because it gives age to da look if you use a certain technique(sp?)

Mr. Schmaltz at OA told me he liked da way I aged one of my mask so I kept doing it.

I'll probably bring dat piece to Florida fo sale.

I jus wen get dat wood on saturday. I been waiting for a while on certain woods. I haven't had any wood because of da strike a few months ago on da cargo ships.

I missed out on a lot of wall panel buisness dat customers and friends wanted done! SORRY!!

I might jus have to move back to da mainland if dat happens again.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-26 9:08 pm   Permalink

I just got a small supply of just beautiful OLD GROWTH (200+years old!) black walnut slices (1x and 2x slices are all I can get so far). If you want I'll bring you a couple of pieces down to Hukilau. Making some weapons out of it, and that walnut is so dark and richly grained they look like pre-contact museum pieces! It's coming off of a previously untouched mountain ridge in Franklin, North Carolina. Unfortunately, a bunch of the timberframers are buying up the big stuff and using it for (get this) structural tenons, of which walnut ones hold joists like iron. What a waste. Some of the trunks are 4 feet wide.

GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-27 11:17 am   Permalink

eh BK,

I can use sum depending on how hard da wood is. I tink I might bring some 2 ft coconut stumps with me to florida to trade with or sell for da carvers who would like to carve a trunk frum da islands. I have a friend moving ova by da pan handle on Florida and is going to ship sum of my stuff with his furniture. So I'll throw sum blank coconut trunks in.

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-27 6:51 pm   Permalink

I'll take a couple. I could even use 3 or 4 foot if you got'em. Black walnut is a very hard wood but very carveable and once it's carved barring all extremes that object will be around for centuries. I'll trade you or I'll just buy a couple!

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-28 10:08 pm   Permalink

Finishing a Cook Islands style Akatara tomorrow (long serrated club) in multicolored old growth walnut...I'll post pics.

hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-30 12:27 pm   Permalink

not as cool as your guys, but I think im coming along slowly.
Here's my finished sign. Just a practice piece, as soon as I name my bar i'll make one for it too.

close up

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-30 9:02 pm   Permalink

Looks cool HH. Keep on carving.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-30 9:51 pm   Permalink

eh Hula, Good job cuz!

tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-30 10:47 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikifreak on 2004-12-20 12:15 ]

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-31 02:16 am   Permalink

Just found a reliable source for high quality, highly verrugated abalone in whole shells....beautiful, jewelry quality stuff....8.00 a shell! I can get my Maori mack on again and do it in style!

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-31 02:21 am   Permalink

P.S. Nice finish, Hula!

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-31 09:17 am   Permalink

Hula, verrry nice, yah! The richness of the wood really sets it off.

I've got another brilliant Jungle Trader idea; "tiki business card holders". I'm doing a local home and garden show and I need one yesterday. If I can't find one I'll try making it myself. Obviously it should not be much bigger then a business card or about the size of the average hand. Oh, how about a business card holder shaped like a hand. "The light bulb above my head is on". <<<---Famous quote by JT.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation