FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving AAC Carving Post
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
AAC Carving Post
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 05:31 am   Permalink

there is no quick way around the sanding process when you have alot of detail to smooth. think of it as a progressive meditative process....

Patience, grasshopper!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 08:21 am   Permalink

Thanks Palama, Yes patience is truely a virtue. As I sand I'm thinking of my next Tiki so I want to hurry to get it done.
Grasshopper Wes

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 9:49 pm   Permalink

Palama-
I haven't abanded my AAC project. As I stated in another posting I always over think projects as I need to do my best.
Wes

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 05:27 am   Permalink

Hey moondance. Those carvings sure are progressing along nicely. Dont get too caught up in the stressing, just let it flow and have at it. If you stuff up, there is always another to have a go at.

Yeh, sanding is a pain, but they look heaps nicer when nicely sanded. I cant remember who it was, but someone on here has his missus sand his tikis, whilst he does the fun parts! You just need to find someone like that (dont we all ).

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 06:26 am   Permalink

Moondance, don't sweat it. you'll know when you are ready. you're doing great so far.

hewey, that would be Tiki G. who has his girlfriend doing the sanding of the tikis.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 08:28 am   Permalink

Right, I forgot this is supposed to be relaxing!

Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 11:56 am   Permalink

Here's another AAC Moai, 2-footer, for a friend's bar:

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 1:09 pm   Permalink

Jeff-
I would appreciate if you would stop raising the bar on the AAC carvings.
You are the AAC King for sure.
Wes

Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 1:27 pm   Permalink

thanks Wes, i don't know about the king part, but i appreciate your support!

Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 6:15 pm   Permalink

one more 2-foot moai...

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 8:27 pm   Permalink

Damm Jeff, that is so sweet!

Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 05:29 am   Permalink

Thanks Wes. so when do we see an AAC piece by Moondance?
now i'm the one who's impatient..

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 06:45 am   Permalink

I'm working 6 days a week now because we are busy. Also I'm doing work around the house because we are re-financing. I'm half way finished with a concrete spitting Moai and a mask. As soon as that is completed it show-time!
The longer I wait the better your getting so the bar is extremely high at this point. But I not scared (yea right).
Wes

Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 06:49 am   Permalink

no fear, my friend, no fear!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 07:20 am   Permalink

yeh, our friend Palamas run off into the horizon, and the AAC hacks the likes of me dont know if well ever be able to catch up...

Gotta try

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation