FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events running with the tikis! Finish Pics!! pg 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
running with the tikis! Finish Pics!! pg 3
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 09:59 am   Permalink

c-AL here.... still in Oakland with BambooBen finishing the last day of three weeks of bamboo busting..... does 12 hour days up and down 10 foot ladders count as training, i sure hope so....

anyway the big Tiki#100 raffle is still on and donations are still accepted for raffle tickets....

every one how as donated, and is interested in Tiki#100, has been assigned a raffle ticket by name. You do not have to posses your raffle ticket to win. However, if you have donated and would like your raffle tickets sent to you please email your address to
al@tikimania.com and your real name.
(I do not have the addresses of those who donated early on or those how donated on line)

thanks again for all the support!
c-AL

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-07 07:55 am   Permalink

Hey Al and Lizzy - have a great run! Enjoy the trip, it's not whether you win or lose or finish, it's how much money you raise
xoxox
the Pineapples

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-07 10:51 pm   Permalink

>> it's not whether you win or lose or finish, it's how much money you raise
xoxox
the Pineapples

Boy' am i glad you said that!!
when this all started, I thought..."walk a Marathon, no problem... raise $4000, holy crap"

But with the great folks we have in the tiki community, found raising turns out not to be the hard part!!Thanks again ALL! I should have $6000 with the final moneys going in..... $2000 more then i was asked to raise... and I'm the top Fund raiser for the group going to Hawaii!!

But I'm going to Hawaii with a bit o' tendinitis in my right foot... could be a painful finish... yikes

for those who have not yet donated for a chance to win Tiki#100.... here an update of the final carving....
http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_100.html

easy donating online... off to the races on FRI!!!
Raffle drawing some time when i get back........

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2005-12-08 01:04 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 10:01 am   Permalink

Run Bitch!!! Run!!!

Today is the day !!!

Yee Haa!!!

All of our positive energy goes to C'Al and Lizzy so they can complete their 26 mile jaunt in beautiful Waikiki this am. Everyone chant together....

You can do it! You can do it!! You can do it!!! Do it for the TIKI, man!!

....and enjoy that Mai Tai at the finish line!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 11:08 am   Permalink

Crazy Al called me at mile # 10 and is feeling great!!! Just talked to him again at mile # 14 after eating a banana and taking a pee!!!!

You can check his status on this link below...

http://cgi.honolulumarathon.org/cgi-perl/fullsearch.cgi-pl

Technolgy wow! They gave him a lil' micro chip tracking thingy...

Run boy !!! Run!!!

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 11:08 am   Permalink

Oooops. Type in Al Evans in the name part.

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 11:48 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:24 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 12:52 pm   Permalink

Go go go! Number 9988 has passed 30K. He's about 3/4 done!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 2:23 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:25 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 4:30 pm   Permalink

graat job Al, Ive been sitting on the couch the hole time you have been running and Im exhausted....

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 9:21 pm   Permalink

Congrat's AL!!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 8:48 pm   Permalink

YEAH AL!!!!
You're number 18601!!
You're number 18601!!
You're number 18601!!
You're number 18601!!
You're number 18601!!
You're number 18601!!
You're number 18601!!

That is so great, congratulations on finishing and raising so much for such a great cause!
How did Lizzy do?

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 11:29 am   Permalink

I wonder what Crazy Concoction Crazy Al is going to come up with next??

Free climbing Half Dome with a tiki on his back? Swimming to Hawaii?? Standing on his head until his bones turn red
( in a volcano)???

Can't wait to find out what's next in his bag o tricks!

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 11:30 am   Permalink

p.s.

And, when are you going to tell us about the marathon??

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 12:07 pm   Permalink

AL0oooooooooooooHA!! EVERY BODY!!!
You must of thought I died just after the finish line....
A week ago today I had no idea that I could finish a marathon and live to tell about it... that is with a painful tendonitis in my right foot...

But thanks to helpful hints on pain relief the foot was no problem and even got better some how??

you saw the statistics.... if you are going to spend 6hrs 50mins on your feet what better place to do it then paradise... at least that thought is how I got myself into this thing......

touchdown!! found warm sand in 'you know where' Friday afternoon......

time to Carb Up!! at the ASA dinner....

and Award Ceremony!! I was the highest fundraiser with the total still going

3:30AM!! Team Orange County Ready to Go...

4:00AM streets of Waikiki... two mile walk to start

wishful thinking here....

it took 1/2hr to shuffle our way here

with almost 27000 others, most of which were Wacky Japanese!!

off we go... that banana sure tasted great at mile 13....

another day in Paradise....

we were passed at mile 7 by the fourth place runner!! never saw the first three...

did I mention the wacky Japanese... we walked while Robo runner and Santa ran... they eventually beat us but not by much.... Lizzy's hip started to hurt about mile ten and it felt better if she jogged... then my foot would hurt... we ran about four miles of the race.

mile 18 not wanting to wait in long J-John lines, I ran into BK for a pee and a treat!!
don't feed the ducks!!!!! (the gal next to me, going the other way, is at mile 13)

love the Cheerleaders in Paradise at mile 19

up and over Diamond Head one last time!!

to a down hill FINNISH!!

o'ya'... this is about tikis, right?... these guys looked great at the finish

and so did weeee!!! all this for a medal and T-shirt... we sure look happy.

Recouping in Kona for two days.... NICE!!

here are 'official pics'!:
http://www.marathonfoto.com/order_my_photos.cfm?RaceOID=35142005F1&LastName=EVANS&BibNumber=
9988&Language=en&BFI=1i2fkc7nc4&Frames=true&Flash=
true&FlashVersion=7&Height=600&Width=800&Index2Home=true

Thanks to the local Kelly!! of Tiki's Bar and Grill!!!
First time I've seen Tiki#50 and #51 in four years the bar is doing great and dinner was GREAT!! Thanks Gecko for the Local ALOHA!! your tikis look Great also!! nice tribute to my styl'i tiki brah!! Best of luck on the new work every one will be blown away!!!
And FilSlash!! the maitai never tasted so good after the race!!!! and the Sea Urchin Spine Tiki-necklace.... ALL TIME!!!

thanks again to all who gave support and helped the ASA on their goal to reduce Stoke suffering!!!

I'm a bit behind on the job and the holidays.... how is Jan 15th'ish for a....
TIKI #100 RAFFLE!!!!!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation