FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Hewey's Tiki Wagon: Update page 5
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Hewey's Tiki Wagon: Update page 5
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-23 07:15 am   Permalink

This wagon thing is gonna be my new ride. I gotta sell the bug first, but its a done deal. Im buying it off my brother so the deal isnt gonna fall through (he got a work ute, so the daily driver is no longer required).

Thats my brothers other XY in the background. Standard and oh so sweet.

Whys it in "creating tiki"? 'Cause shes gonna get a tiki makeover! I will update this with pics and descriptions of the tiki things I do to her. Cant wait

Its a 1970 XY Ford Falcon (made here in Australia). She’s got a straight 6, with a column shift auto, two bench seats, and no rust! Most (as in all) XYs are done up as muscle cars, so my custom one should raise a few eyebrows

I'm giving away a piece of art to whoever comes up with the best name for it. Details and entry here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=16232&forum=1&0

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2005-10-16 16:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2005-11-29 22:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2006-07-16 02:50 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-23 12:43 pm   Permalink

That will be a one of a kind showpiece, hewey! It will be great to see you transform it into a tiki muscle car. Great idea!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-24 12:22 pm   Permalink

Hewey, that looks like a Fun project. Nice ride.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-24 12:52 pm   Permalink

Here is a little insperation for ya , the most bad ass tiki wagon built.

Cant wait to see some updates once its yours..

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-24 3:29 pm   Permalink

Hey hewey- What a cool ride! Congratulations on this deal. I've always thought that the station wagon should be brought back into production.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PEDDRO
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-24 6:27 pm   Permalink

Hewey: there was a car at the KOA Kustom Nationals at Phillip Island earlier this year that had a tiki theme runnin' thru it. Was a HZ wagon: green, fake wood panelling down the sides and bamboo accented interior. Tryin' to find pics, but no luck so far.......

View Profile of PEDDRO Send a personal message to PEDDRO  Goto the website of PEDDRO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-24 6:51 pm   Permalink

Sam - Whaddya mean wagons should be brought back into production? Dont you guys have new wagons? We do.

Peddro - I know the one. I bought Australian Street Rodder with the coverage of the Kustom Nats just for that one pic. I dont think the woody look would work on a brown wagon, but I dig it. Has that car ever been featured in any mags?

Ive already got ideas for a custom bullet style grille, wicked shifter, and a wild dash treatment. Im sure I will get more ideas when Im cruzin in her. Oh yeh, I just entered in the Sydney Nostalgia Drags in October. I want to get her more "respectable" before then too. Watch this space

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-24 10:41 pm   Permalink

Hey Hewey- They're back, I like the new Chrysler wagons - but it seems to me that they were gone for a little while there - or not very popular anyway.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PEDDRO
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-25 9:39 pm   Permalink

Hewey - In the US wagons took a kick in the guts due to the SUV and minivan craze.
As for that green wagon, I don't think the look suits the HZ anyway....it's just too new. Maybe an EH/EJ.
I think yours would gain a bit in the looks department with an altitude adjustment....preferably down!
There is a little "cult" US zine out there called "Wagons Of Steel" that features wagons specifically. Very difficult to get though.
A good friend of mine has an AP5(?) Valiant wagon done in gasser style which he's had for years now. Probably the coolest one in the country...but you'll never see it in the local mags....well, maybe once or twice by accident.

[ This Message was edited by: PEDDRO 2005-08-25 21:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PEDDRO 2005-08-25 21:48 ]

View Profile of PEDDRO Send a personal message to PEDDRO  Goto the website of PEDDRO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 06:49 am   Permalink

Peddro - That HZ wagon is for sale in the latest Cruzin (id scan it in for everyone else, but my scanner died). Right kinda idea, but doesnt quite work. Not customised on the outside enough, and the colour isnt right. Too bright.

My wagon is gonna get black steelies and thin whites, and hopefully an altitude adjustment. Depends on the folding as to how low, if I do get it done. First to go are those bloody mud flaps.

Love that Gasser val wagon. Guessing it doesnt get a look in because it belongs to a guy who is also selling rod and custom mags. Funny how that works

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 08:07 am   Permalink

many companies make station wagons its just that they are no longer in the minds of non-wagon owners. Wagons today are even called things like five door coupe. My girlfriend has a SUV and I tell her that mine is a lowered SUV. I love my wagon and I did the first big tiki mod. this past weekend An old wiggle Hula girl (.25 cents) on the dash. I am going to try for a shift nob this weekend. I will post a pic here when I finish.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PEDDRO
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-28 7:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-26 06:49, hewey wrote:
Peddro - That HZ wagon is for sale in the latest Cruzin (id scan it in for everyone else, but my scanner died).

Don't buy it....but I do have pix from yesterday at a swap meet I was tradin' at. Some pretty quirky features in that wagon. I'll post them when I get a chance to download them.

Quote:

My wagon is gonna get black steelies and thin whites, and hopefully an altitude adjustment. Depends on the folding as to how low, if I do get it done. First to go are those bloody mud flaps.

Sounds like a good start.

Quote:

Love that Gasser val wagon. Guessing it doesnt get a look in because it belongs to a guy who is also selling rod and custom mags. Funny how that works

He's quit sellin' the zines now. He'd been sellin' those zines for a long time prior to the "other" mob, so was time to go do somethin' else....hence now I have most of the stock.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 08:15 am   Permalink

Heres what she would look like with a little attitude adjustment

PEDDRO
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-30 9:25 pm   Permalink

Sorry to bring this back up but I've downloaded the pix of this thing for Hewey and thought he'd like to see some of the ideas. Like I said above, I took these on Sunday. Some neat ideas, if not the right car.

Note, the bamboo venetians, painted roof and coconut horn button!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 9:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pics Peddro. Im sure the other guys will get a kick out of it too. For the record its a Holden (Aussie arm of GM) Kingswood. Early 70s I think (i dont know my Kinsgwoods)

I like the bamboo curtains and lots of stickers in the rear window. The bamboo trim doesnt line up on the rear quarters and looks cheap as a result.

Mines gonna be better of course

Seems to get a fair bit of attention Peddro? A big crowd around it.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation