FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Hewey's Tiki Wagon: Update page 5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Hewey's Tiki Wagon: Update page 5
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-30 11:03 pm   Permalink

Wow, thats a nasty lookin green. I love it!

View Profile of yumyumkid Send a personal message to yumyumkid  Email yumyumkid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 07:41 am   Permalink

Thats a cool wagon. First time Ive seen it. I like the curtains, it makes for cheap tinted windows. The coconut is a nice touch on the steering wheel. Ok hewey, we need a progress report.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 5:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-31 07:41, teaKEY wrote:
Ok hewey, we need a progress report.

Progress to date: ZERO. I have not even bought the thing yet as i cannot sell my bug. I need to sell the bug to get the cash. Already dropped the price by 20%, and still no bites. I asked around a lot of people and they all say price is too low if anything, and still no buyers. Pissing me off big time.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PEDDRO
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-31 9:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Progress to date: ZERO. I have not even bought the thing yet as i cannot sell my bug. I need to sell the bug to get the cash. Already dropped the price by 20%, and still no bites. I asked around a lot of people and they all say price is too low if anything, and still no buyers. Pissing me off big time.

Not that I'm interested in buyin' it Hewey, but how much you askin'? What model/year? Reason I ask is 'cos my ex had a beetle that we were told we'd be lucky to get $500 for. I did a lot of cleaning up (new carpets, rust-treated, chassis-black the floor, new steering wheel, etc.) and a few weeks later, she was $1950 richer.

[ This Message was edited by: PEDDRO 2005-08-31 21:14 ]

View Profile of PEDDRO Send a personal message to PEDDRO  Goto the website of PEDDRO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 10:38 pm   Permalink

Shes a '72 beetle. Worth about $4200 by my reckoning (and by my VW mechanic, and anyone else who knows old cars). In very nice condition, 91000 original miles etc. I originally advertised it for $4500 neogotiable, to allow some price movement. Ive dropped it down to $3800 negotiable, and still no calls. Just no market for it.

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2005-08-31 22:41 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-09-01 9:19 pm   Permalink

Hey Hewey - nice beast - an old friend of mine had an XY wagon and he used Contact woodgrain with chrome stips (adhesive ones that go down the side of cars to stop people dinting your ride when they open their doors ?know what I mean?) ..he put that around the contact woodgrain and it looked surprisingly good. red rims are a must mate! and some whitewalls to give her some finesse' and dont forget the pinstriping - maybe you can drive her up to the Luau next year and we can stripe her over the weekend (I have a couple of friends up here that are very good stripers so I am sure we can bribe them with alcihol to get the job done).

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 9:32 pm   Permalink

Hewey, I wonder if an EBayMotors auction might work for you?

It occurs to me because oftentimes I see delicious Volvo 240 wagons on there that really get me salivating. ORANGE VOLVO, yummmmm... Auctions on more interesting collectible cars (like old bugs) do SEEM to do well. I know there's EBay in Aussieland, too, right?

Seriously, I do love wagons and am proud of Volvo for not abandoning them. I might add, if the current gas crunch continues for much longer we might see a huge decline in those horrid SUV things (no flames please, I've a right to my gentle opinion!) and...the Return of the Great American Station Wagon!

I'll take an early 60's model myself, please--to go with another burgundy Volvo 240 *snif*...

GOOD LUCK selling your bug, man! Don't lose hope!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 01:32 am   Permalink

Marcus that striping sounds cool. I was gonna get a sign place to do some to my design, but alcohol bribery sounds like my kinda deal. I understand the woodie idea.

Not sure about the volvo wagons, although I do like the coupes from the 60s. I love my flames, but the wagons not gettin em.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 11:00 pm   Permalink

Good news, bad news time.

Good news - I got accepted into the Sydney Nostalgia Drags in October

Bad news - I still havent bought the car I entered...

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-12 7:48 pm   Permalink

Well, its time to get some proper tiki in this topic. Here is a plastc molded tiki a mate bought for me whilst in NZ. Its about 5 inches tall. Its gonna be the shifter...

...when i buy the car...

ill post some pics when I get it installed.

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-12 7:56 pm   Permalink

Wicked!!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-12 8:18 pm   Permalink

That will look awsome...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-13 11:32 pm   Permalink

Cool ,hewey.... What Tiki Wagon would be complete without one??

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-14 06:29 am   Permalink

Hewey, I LOVE That shifter knob. That is just my style. Now get to work and Buy That Car, Buy That Car, and then WinWinWin.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-14 11:20 am   Permalink

http://www.billetaccessoriesdirect.com/photos/autos/tiki_ps_l.jpg

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation