FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Thoughts for PJ
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Thoughts for PJ
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 10:46 am   Permalink

Oh Wow! I have had a nasty cold so I slept in today. PJ called me before I turned the television on, so I hadn't heard the news about any new breaches in the levee till PJ told me this morning. According to PJ there is little doubt that her house is under less than 15 feet of water. If thats the case she's lost everything. tiki410 we haven't heard from you in awhile? I hope the damage isn't as awful as the news is reporting.

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-08-30 10:56 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 11:08 am   Permalink

Just let me say right here:

PJ, and any other of our homeless friends from the NO area, come visit us in California. I'm serious. If you can't go home for a month and there's nothing else you can do, come here and try to heal a bit. What with modern communications and the Internet, most likely you won't be any less in touch.

We have a guest room, and guess what, a big basement which could easily become a cat refuge (heck, it already is...what's a few more, eh?) And a nice huge yard for the livelier ones to play in should you wish. And which would make a nice campsite, at that. It's gently warm and mellow here, the perfect place to seek refuge.

Really, I mean it. Offer's open and open-ended, too. I am so very sorry you all are having to go through this terrible disaster. Anything else I can do, just let me know--PJ has my phone number and I check my PMs regularly on TC. Or contact me through
baby_weemus@nohormelyahoo.com...

What else are friends for. Hey, I paid too much for "California real estate" but yeah, there are times, even including earthquake fears, when it feels like quite a blessing overall. So--blessings are to be shared, then.

Frankly, this is all beginning to look almost worse than I'd feared, which is really something since I tend to be a bit of a gloom-meister...I'm so, so sorry.

much love and sympathy,

Lisa aka tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-30 11:20 am   Permalink

From news reports it sounds like the flooding situation has been getting worse, with a 200-foot breach in a drainage canal that is causing Lake Ponchartrain water to enter the city so that areas that were dry last night are now flooding (including the French Quarter) and in previously flooded areas the water level is rising. My heart goes out to Purple Jade and all the other residents of the area, and what is happening one of the most friendly and beautiful and historic cities in the nation is an enourmous tragedy.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 11:41 am   Permalink

Looking at the pictures and reading a few reports make me quite sad. My hopes are that any problems for you are minimal or non-existent (if non-existent is possible).

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 12:01 pm   Permalink

We miss you PJ!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-30 12:15 pm   Permalink

I'll echo tikivixen's offer. If any displaced TC ohana need to hang somewhere for a while, I've got an extra bedroom (but I cannot host any pets).

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 3:07 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:01 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amiotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 5:03 pm   Permalink

aloha everyone! I'm new in town, and got here by strange and mysterious means . Today, while rummanging through a curation collection, trying to find interesting things for a department display case, I found....a Tiki God! No kidding! He was wrapped up in ooold newspapers, his shell and seed necklace was disintegrating, but he was a happy guy anyway.
To make a long story short - a web search of keyword tiki brought up (among other things) TC, and here I am.

I noticed that many of you have offered shelter to friends who have been displaced by that byotch Katrina...Bless you all! My heart broke tonight while I watched the news - so much gone in the blink of an eye. You're all in my prayers.

amiotiki

View Profile of amiotiki Send a personal message to amiotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 11:03 am   Permalink

so pj is alright? and others are accounted for? (worried)

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 11:20 am   Permalink

Hang in there PJ. We're all thinking about you.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 11:27 am   Permalink

We're keeping you and all your furry friends our thoughts.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 1:16 pm   Permalink

Just heard from PJ, still no word on how her home is. She's still in Baton Rouge in a hotel room, that won't be changing anytime soon I'm afraid. I think the shock of the absolute magnitude of this disaster is beginning to take it's toll on her. She said they went out to try to get supplies like "water" and it was an absolute mad house. She wanted me to thank everyone who has reached out to her and appreciates everyones well wishes. Please keep PJ and all the people Katrina touched in your thoughts and prayers!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 1:34 pm   Permalink

Dawn, thanks SO much for keeping us informed. It is very, very much appreciated.

You and PJ both probably already know this, but the forums at
www.nola.com are doing an amazing job of helping people reconnect and find out how their neighborhoods are doing...they have specific forums (which are searchable too) for every parish and also for both 'missing' and 'found/okay' citizen info.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 1:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks tikivixen, Yes, thank goodness for the www.nola.com site. I was able to get some information about the street she lives on to her. Up untill that she had no real information what condition her street might be in.

tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 4:07 pm   Permalink

Hey All,

I scoured a few of the posts and all I have to say is thank you, thank you and well . . . you know the rest. Tiki410 and family have begun to set up residence in Lafayette. I have gone pretty much full circle in life and ended up back in the place that probably had the greatest impact on my life.

I've had close friends and not so close friends reach out in ways I could not even imagine. I've had strangers open up to me that it makes you break down and cry.

I am one of the more fortunate ones.

People have reached out to me and as I am getting settled its time for me reach out also.

Anyone that speaks to PJ please let her know that if she needs a respite from the hotel living to come stay with us. We got a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. Its sparse but it has to be better than a hotel. She can even bring the kitties. She is just going to have to deal with a 1 month old that sometimes yells (usually around diaper changing time) and she will have to bring sleeping bags.
Tell PJ that I am wearing her Necker Island pendent now and there is a place for her in the newly relocated Tonga Isle II.

Our love goes out to all.

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation