FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Thoughts for PJ
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Thoughts for PJ
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 4:14 pm   Permalink

tiki410 I am so glad to see you and your family are ok and out of harms way. PJ has been concerned about you and asks often if there has been any news from you, I'll be happy to tell her you have checked in and are safe and sound.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 4:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-31 16:07, tiki410 wrote:
Anyone that speaks to PJ please let her know that if she needs a respite from the hotel living to come stay with us. We got a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. Its sparse but it has to be better than a hotel. She can even bring the kitties.

that is so cool

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 7:09 pm   Permalink

Hi guys...

I have some limited computer access, so I wanted to send out a quick message.

We're all doing as well as can be expected. The staff at our hotel has been wonderful to us. We are a lot better off than a lot of other N.O residents.
(I've just seen a shot of the football stadium near my house, the water is up to the bottom bar of the goalposts... Dawntiki has been giving me reports that she's found online, and I think it's most likely that my house has water up to the roof.)

But I have my husband, my parents, my aunt, my best friend, and my kitties with me. I'm sure when I am able to get back to my property, I'll be in shock all over again, but for now we are all safe and reaonably comfortable.

I am overwhelmed by the offers of assistance and good wishes from TCers. I am sorry I haven't been able to respond to the phone calls, but service is sporadic and they've asked that we keep non-emergency calls to a minimum.

We will be able to stay at the hotel for a few more weeks, and we are looking for a house to rent for all of us.

Needless to say, I am not exactly thinking straight at the moment, and I'd like to say a lot more but the words just won't come.

So for now, heartfelt thanks to everyone from me and my family. Your concern has been like a warm blanket straight out of the dryer on a cold night.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 7:16 pm   Permalink

Nice to hear from you Jader! I keep reminding Gavin & Leroy just how well off they are, and if they don't fully appreciate it, their kibble will be sent to your pet posse in their time of need.

[ This Message was edited by: badmojo 2005-08-31 19:18 ]

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 7:18 pm   Permalink

Hang in there PJ. Very sorry to hear all this news comin' from your area.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 8:13 pm   Permalink

Can we start a fund of some kind to assist PJ and her family? I want to help but don't know how. (other than the red cross but I mean to Purple Jade)

Well I just saw the post about helping the victims.

[ This Message was edited by: bananabobs 2005-08-31 20:18 ]

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 08:54 am   Permalink

PJ, Thanks for the reply. I'm sure you have had NO picnic and there is worse yet to come. Thank God you and your family are alive and well. The pain in our hearts for your losses is terrible. IF there is ANYTHING we Can do, please state your needs. Just know that we are All here for you for what ever you need.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 09:04 am   Permalink

Ditto. Please let us know what we can do for you PJ - we miss you!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 1:50 pm   Permalink

Anyone know about:
Mary Wahl - Metarie, LA
Armead Prince - Metarie, LA
Kim Coburn - Beachin - Denham Springs, LA
Joey Ward - Gulf Shores, AL
Greg Parker - Denham Springs, LA

These are regulars at Hukilau and other events, but not all on TC.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 2:09 pm   Permalink

I am going to start an 'Ebay for PJ' thread where I will be selling off some odd tiki items and other fun stuff on Ebay and sending the proceeds to PJ and her critters via Paypal. I'll be putting the first stuff on this weekend, and if you want to join in the effort, either by buying or selling, feel free. More info to come, but I just wanted to give people a heads up in case they want to join in.

Just note you cannot put in your ebay auction that it is a fundraising auction unless it is an official Ebay-approved charity.

However, there ARE some Kartina releief officially approved charities tied in with Ebay, so if you want to do that, it's also a good idea!

-Le Poisson

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 2:12 pm   Permalink

Also among the missing: Fats Domino & Irma Thomas. Allen Toussaint was found in the Superdome (which sounds like something out of Dante: trash fires, overflowing toilets, not enough food, water or medicine, reports of rape, murder & suicides, dead bodies left in the sun...). The Neville Brothers lost everything bu they're all OK. And there's some question about where Alex Chilton is.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 2:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-01 13:50, Swanky wrote:
Anyone know about:
Mary Wahl - Metarie, LA
Armead Prince - Metarie, LA
Kim Coburn - Beachin - Denham Springs, LA
Joey Ward - Gulf Shores, AL
Greg Parker - Denham Springs, LA

These are regulars at Hukilau and other events, but not all on TC.

You can check on
http://www.nola.com , they have "Have you seen..." & "We're OK" boards for checking for people all across the Gulf.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-01 2:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-01 14:12, freddiefreelance wrote:
Also among the missing: Fats Domino & Irma Thomas. Allen Toussaint was found in the Superdome (which sounds like something out of Dante: trash fires, overflowing toilets, not enough food, water or medicine, reports of rape, murder & suicides, dead bodies left in the sun...). The Neville Brothers lost everything bu they're all OK. And there's some question about where Alex Chilton is.

I don't know if it's related to the hurricane but blues great R.L. Burnside died today.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 2:46 pm   Permalink

Whew! It's good to see an actual response from PJ herself. Now if Beachin and the others would just check in.

If there is anything I can do to help I'm open to suggestions. I feel pretty useless/helpless right now. Though I am donating $$ via my wife because her company will match $ for $. But if anyone gets a charity auction going let me know and I will donate some of my prints.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 3:02 pm   Permalink

Count me in too Tikifish, I will help any way I can, please keep us posted how we can help

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation