FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Central Ohana » » Thoughts for PJ
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Thoughts for PJ
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-01 4:33 pm   Permalink

This whole catastrophe has freaked me out. I can't stop thinking about it-and I live far away. (California)

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2005-09-01 16:56 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 5:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-01 14:12, freddiefreelance wrote:
Also among the missing: Fats Domino & Irma Thomas. Allen Toussaint was found in the Superdome (which sounds like something out of Dante: trash fires, overflowing toilets, not enough food, water or medicine, reports of rape, murder & suicides, dead bodies left in the sun...). The Neville Brothers lost everything bu they're all OK. And there's some question about where Alex Chilton is.

Here's an update: Antoine "Fats" Domino has reportedly contacted his niece and said he, his wife & daughter were fine.

Jon Auer of the Posies-slash-Big Star Mk. II reported Alex Chilton was outside Nawlins when all this went down.

Unfortunately friends are still looking for Antoinette K-Doe, widow of New Orleans wild performer Ernie K-Doe. The Does have a famous nightspot of their own on N. Claiborne Avenue, called the Mother-in-Law Lounge, in honor of Ernie’s immortal hit, “The Mother-in-Law Song.”

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 6:38 pm   Permalink

Purple Jade,

Just want to reiterate the same wishes as everybody else. Take care & stay strong and be glad you have your family with you.

Aloha,
Chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 09:24 am   Permalink

Has anyone heard from KokomoTiki? He's an ass, yes, but Kokomo, Ms, was hit pretty bad.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 11:24 am   Permalink

My auctions are not up yet, but I wanted people to feel free to use this little guy...

...as a secret symbol in any of their auctions if it is an auction for PJ!

[ This Message was edited by: tikifish 2005-09-02 11:25 ]

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 12:35 pm   Permalink

PJ, how great to see you posting!!! Can't tell you how happy I am that you've got your nearest and dearest around you now AND that you got out when you did.

As you are a Cat Lady, The Mysterious Baby Weemus wished to send her love to you and yours too:

Mademoiselle Poisson, I think you are wonderful. Mew, chortle, great symbol. I'll be sure to check out your auctions, especially if I can't get it together quickly enough to do some of my own. I've been meaning to but--I just got a new camera (old one died) and I have NO idea how to use the darned thing. It's luvley but it's COMPLEX...I am whimpering because I used to be able to figure these things out without a manual, but, uh, not anymore.

Another thought: I know PJ had intended to sell at Hukilau. If she can't make it after all, perhaps--if enough of her stock escaped with her or if she can make more in the interim--some of us could sell it for her? I'd happily volunteer. That'd be good fun, in fact. Except that I'd have to restrain myself and let someone else buy some too.

xox, tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 6:11 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=16368&forum=12&2

The Ebay for PJ thread is now in effect - buy or sell and help out a friend!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-03 12:04 am   Permalink

Glad to her PJ and her family (human and feline) are all safe and doing well. PJ take care and let us know if there is anything we can do.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-03 09:44 am   Permalink

PJ,

I'm so glad to hear that you are alive. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and all those caught in the wake of Katrina. Please know that the love of the TC Ohana is with you.

God speed.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-03 10:14 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:53 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
waikiki kitty

Posted: 2005-09-03 11:50 am   Permalink

PJ,

Johnny $ and I were talking this morning and thought that you and your family might have some needs of stuff, like clothes, toiletries or anything else that could be hard to access right now. Would you want to post a list of needs and clothing sizes with a shipping address (the hotel?) that we could help you and the family and kitties in any way.

waikiki kitty and johnny $

"MEOW!" sang out Kitty

View Profile of waikiki kitty Send a personal message to waikiki kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-03 1:43 pm   Permalink

PJ,

Just a quick peek at all the above messages will let you know that there are a bunch of people ready to help out as much as they can. If you can tell us what you need and in waht priority, I've no doubt we can get what's important to you damn fast. Just tell us and I've no doubt Tiki Central will be behind you.

And I'm glad to hear you are safe.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-03 1:44 pm   Permalink

I've heard from a lot of people that they don't know if they feel right about going out for a drink or a good meal, or seeing a movie, or generally enjoying themselves while we down here have nothing...

I had a birthday luau planned for the weekend right after 9/11. I too wondered if it might not be irreverent to laugh and joke at such a time.

Now I know...PLEASE go on with your lives normally! We need to know that life is normal somewhere...it gives us some sense of security, believe it or not.

Waikiki kitty, we are OK for now...we have the bare necessities to get along here at the hotel, and not a lot of spare room for much more. But maybe when we get to a more permanent location, I may want to make a few wishes.

Thanks again everyone...it means a lot to know we're not alone in this. Really.

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade 2005-09-03 13:45 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-03 3:16 pm   Permalink

ANYTHING you need PJ please let us know!!!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-03 3:51 pm   Permalink

It probably goes without saying, but just in case.

Anybody who pledged money to the Erect a Tiki at Tiki Gardens thingy, take that twenty bucks that you pledged and give it to ANY organisation that is helping out!!!

Or better yet, you could pledge 20 bucks for a statue, how much for a mass of humanity needing your help?

It was heartbreaking hearing the pleas of people stranded by this storm on the radio yesterday.

Maybe we should set up a Tiki Central Emergency Relief Fund!

I hope PJ, and all of the residents of the many states hit by Katrina get all of the attetnion and aid that they need.

Hang in there.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation