FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Davez-tikiz - finally finished Lono 6-11 p.10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Davez-tikiz - finally finished Lono 6-11 p.10
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 7:24 pm   Permalink

dave! great work! i like the style of that one. how hes kinda standing on an angle. like the feet alot. man this is gonna be one great piece. keep the pictures comming.
hope to see more soon

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 4:40 pm   Permalink

here's today's updates.... first... a foot shot for Gman's fetish!!!!

then... progress on the lono..

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 9:21 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Dave! Your layout/drafting skills are really coming out in these recent posts. Super tight - lookin' good!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 9:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks Aaron! That means a lot coming from someone who is such a master at those skills!

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 6:08 pm   Permalink

Great progress on the lono. It has your style. The toes are laid out really nice and even that must have taken a long time to get them that way.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 10:46 pm   Permalink

Johnny.... thanks! That's so cool... I have a STYLE! I consider that high praise... put a grin on my face for about an hour...

Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 12:16 pm   Permalink

Here's today's update.. first the hut pole... started on headdress detailing.. but my parting tool is a little too small...

and later did some work on Lono... started roughing out the headdress and eyes...

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 2:40 pm   Permalink

hey man its looking good. i like the design you got on the bigger one. and the lono is gonna come out good aswell.
take care

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 4:30 pm   Permalink

Hey double D, you've really got some great stuff going on !
I like to see when a carver has more than one piece going at at a time. Good to see you crankin' out the carvings. Keep it coming! Lookin' GREAT!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 5:30 pm   Permalink

Hey dave! great looking tikis! that hut pole is looking really good! - the mouth/teeth/tongue is really tight and those eyes are going to pop! VERY nice layout. For the small parting tool - remember it's not the size that counts. You can also use your straight/flat chisels and go back and forth on the sides of the headdress. Takes longer, but does the same thing. Then, put your parting tool down inbetween and even it out a bit at the bottom.

That lono is looking HOT too - great bod on that badboy...MEOW!!!

Great looking tikis and great progress shots! thanks!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 9:27 pm   Permalink

Duddy... thanx... the big one has been quite a learning experience... so far so good.

8 ft... thanx. I'm too ADHD to work on one piece at a time... I get impatient and the quality suffers. This way, when I get frustrated with one, I switch and work on another.

Polynesiac.. wow.. thanks for the kind words. I though about doing the flat chisel.. but there's a lot of headdress! I've been using the foredom/wecheer recip carver on the headress detail.. gives a uniform depth and nice clean cut. But the only size I have is the 3/8". Just ordered an adapter to use some other flexcuts, which should let me use my 5/8". Hopefully that will do the trick.

To all the encouragement from everyone... thanks! You guys keep me going, especially when something doesn't work and I get convinced i'm a hack! Thanks a million!

Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 07:00 am   Permalink

Last update for the weekend... I'm off to the big island for 4 days (cry for me...). Went and bought a Stubai 5/8" parting tool to make the headress lines a little bigger....

Here's the plan for the rest of the wood... extend the headress and maybe put some sort of inlay on the diamond area in the middle.

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 07:27 am   Permalink

Awesome Dave. Keep em coming.

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 08:44 am   Permalink

Very nice.....extremely nice......

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 11:06 am   Permalink

Dave you are kicking butt on your recent carvings, looking like the work of an
"old master." This latest one will be really nice when he's finished. Now,
have a good time on vacation and steal some ideas for your next carving!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation