FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Davez-tikiz - finally finished Lono 6-11 p.10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Davez-tikiz - finally finished Lono 6-11 p.10
Kapu Kahiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-23 11:17 am   Permalink

Nice work, Double-D!

The big question, though: Why aren't you carving some one of a kind Tiki taps for your kegerator?!?!

View Profile of Kapu Kahiki Send a personal message to Kapu Kahiki  Email Kapu Kahiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 11:58 am   Permalink

Kapu... funny you should say that... here's from last night...

it's a podocarpus branch... we'll see how it turns out...

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 1:23 pm   Permalink

Dave, You are really getting a lot done since the seminar. I like that you are using different types of wood. I like to see what you are doing with woods I don't have here. Kepp the pics coming!!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 6:49 pm   Permalink

Hey Dave, I like the way that Ku came out! BTW, I think I know which neighbor you're talking about...

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 10:06 pm   Permalink

Conga ... thanks.. I love the yipwons too... plan to do two or three for that wall...

Swank... those Yipwons were cool! Where were they from?

8ft.. thanks... I started several projects before the seminar.. just started getting around to finishing some of them.

Aaron, thanks! and thanks for the wood... it was nice to work with. So different from palm!

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 05:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-23 22:06, doubravsky wrote:
Swank... those Yipwons were cool! Where were they from?

That was from the guy I got my other New Guinea stuff from. If I had the money, I'd have way too much of that stuff....

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 06:25 am   Permalink

The Ku looks good sitting on the bar. I've had issues with brittle or soft sap wood as well, I've gotten to the point, if I am carving pine, I cut it off most of the time. It's fun to watch the results of Coontiki.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 08:14 am   Permalink

Doubs, you are Really goin' to town. Like Swank, I Love how you mounted your Yipwon. The Ku came out great, that Redwood is Beautiful wood, but tricky to carve, Well done. Now the Keghandle also looks like he's gonna be a winner. What else you have up your sleeve, you're Killin' us here...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 8:12 pm   Permalink

JP... thanks. Aaron warned me about the brittle sapwood, but it was too thin to cut it out... so I figured what the hell.

Ben... thanks my friend. I saw one mounted like that in a hotel in San Diego a few months back... gave me the idea. A few more things are up my sleeve... but they will take a little while. More to come..

Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 2:19 pm   Permalink

I've been doing a crappy job of posting lately, although I have been carving. Workin on several pieces at once... here's some progress pics (Thought if I posted it would give me incentive to get some stuff done!)

A marq totem style from fanpalm:

a little Lono from Podocarpus (about 14" tall)

The first a rear pole of a future Tiki hut... its 6' tall

The second pole- to go in the front. Its 7' tall from Pine

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 2:39 pm   Permalink

With those killer poles your carving that is going to be one mana filled tiki hut!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-28 03:57 am   Permalink

I am a fan of your marq totem !
Will you stain it or let it natural ?

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-28 07:59 am   Permalink

Sneaky, thanks! I hope so... onceI get a little farther, I'll post some pics in the other crafts forum.

Benella.. thanks as well.. its gonna go in the backyard, so I may just burn a few spots for contrast and marine varnish it. I never know until it's done.

Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 4:00 pm   Permalink

A little progress on the tiki hut pole... roughed out arm #2, and started on the feet..

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 4:20 pm   Permalink

Dem feets looks like Gimlin/Patterson bigfoots feets The pole looks killer! Lots going on over there aye? Damn...I better get chopping.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation