FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Treasure Craft stuff
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Treasure Craft stuff
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 9:37 pm   Permalink

I like collecting Treasure Craft items because they are vintage, go well with other tiki-related stuff, and the prices are still very reasonable in this area.

Although Treasure Craft made a lot of souvenir type items for National Parks and amusement parks, I am just going to show pictures of the ones in my collection that are tiki, Hawaiian, or ocean-related.

Tiki ashtray

Tiki salt & pepper shakers from Hawaii and Florida

Sea Horse s&p from Marineland, whale s&p from Sea World

Pineapple s&p's

Fish s&p's

Coconut tree s&p

Treasure chest cookie jar

Menehune figures

Figurines about 8 inches tall

Figurines about 11 inches tall

Coconut mugs

Many items have the year and the place it was manufactured. Most of my collection is dated between 1957 and 1969.

If you are interested in the history of Treasure Craft, there is a lot of info on the internet.
Here is one website to start with.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 9:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pics and info. I didn't know Treasure craft made those nifty mugs.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 10:04 pm   Permalink

Not that it really matters but I am curious why this is in Beyond Tiki! I think it should be in the Collecting Tiki Forum.
I know, I know Treasure Craft made plenty of non tiki items.
But personally when I think of Treasure Craft my brain goes to tiki.
After all one of the Treasure Craft manufacturing plants was on Maui. I loves the Treasure Craft!
Super collection ookoo lady!
Thanks for sharing

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 10:25 pm   Permalink

Here's one of my treasure craft peices. My guy has a couple of little white dot splats on him, but I love him just the same. There are plenty of great tiki and tiki-ish items to collect from treasaure craft.

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-08-31 22:34 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 05:10 am   Permalink

Dawntiki,
I originally put this thread in "Beyond" because Treasure Craft isn't exclusively Tiki, and I planned to add pictures of my other Treasure Craft stuff that has other subjects.

Thanks for posting your picture. You have the piece I've been looking for! Every time it comes up on e-bay I've been outbid. I'm also looking for the Sailing Ship salt & pepper set.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 05:50 am   Permalink

Some treasure craft shtuff:

i really liked this one - $28 i think

this was about $18.

my wahine found this for me for about 20 cents (handful of pennies to random seller)

treasure craft 1961 ~ toothpick holder?

the head is broken off and glued back on, so that makes it worth 10 cents - ?

treasure craft ashtray

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 07:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-01 05:50, Johnny Dollar wrote:

I've never seen this one! Score!

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 09:45 am   Permalink

I love Treasure Craft stuff!

I find quite a bit of it up here. It had been taking over my collection space so I boxed it all up until I have the chance to re-do the living room and put up a perimeter shelf just for the mugs.

As soon as I have the time I'll photograph what hasn't already been posted.

-Tw

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine 2005-09-01 09:46 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 10:09 am   Permalink

And never forget the missing link:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=12893&forum=1

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 2:45 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:39 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 6:50 pm   Permalink

I've always thought these little S&Ps had a certian Treasure-Crafty quality, but aside from a little "Japan" sticker on one of the "mugs," they are unmarked. Anybody know for sure?

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 6:57 pm   Permalink

looks treasure crafty to me!

i have a plastic mug that looks almost exactly like the one on the bottom, but it's for kona coffee. i ought to bring it to work and freak people out

it looks like this, but this aint my photo, it's lake surfer's

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar 2005-09-01 19:00 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 8:01 pm   Permalink

More evidence of the symbiotic relationship between tiki central and owl central:

I'm saving these for
Sabu

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 9:47 pm   Permalink

I've got to agree that Treasure Craft made some really cool looking stuff. I only have the beautiful Sperm Whale Salt and pepper shakers though.

Thanks for sharing your pic's everybody!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 11:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-01 18:50, SilverLine wrote:
I've always thought these little S&Ps had a certian Treasure-Crafty quality, but aside from a little "Japan" sticker on one of the "mugs," they are unmarked. Anybody know for sure?

these are not treasure craft. the bottom ones are made by quon-quon. the top ones i'm not sure but treasure craft is always marked and always fully glazed.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation