FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Treasure Craft stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Treasure Craft stuff
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 09:46 am   Permalink

I have a bull that is soooo treasure crafty, but without T.C (a new meaning of TC!) markings. He's the exact same full brown glaze with crackled white touches (the horns) the way the dancing kane and wahine are (with white flowers, etc.). I have seen the matching bullfighter, but never had him.

Is it possible that Treasure Craft made him, even without the markings? I mean, EXACT same glazes. If not, who was the company copying T.C. (and it's not Quon-quon here)? What a bizarre thing to knock off!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 10:35 am   Permalink

I know the bull you're talking about. I'm sure it's Treasure Craft even though it isn't marked. I have a horse figure like that too. Maybe since there isn't a "hidden" side (like the bottom of a mug or salt shaker) they didn't want to engrave their name in it. Some items came with Treasure Craft stickers that were meant to pealed off.

Please post a picture of your bull. I'll try to post the picture of my horse when I get home tonight.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 10:41 am   Permalink

Treasure Craft was a pretty big company, based out of SoCal, but much of the tiki/Hawaii stuff was created out of a Hawaii satellite location -- Treasure Craft Hawaii. Designs were created in Hawaii and produced there; occasionally Hawaii designs would be produced out of the SoCal factory, too. Perhaps the glaze/marking hallmarks of a Treasure Craft Hawaii piece aren't always seen on the mainland headquarters location pieces?

Great thread! I've got such a soft-spot for Treasure Craft stuff. I don't collect it, and I leave a lot of it behind in antique malls, but I can't help but spend a moment looking at it lovingly before cruelly walking past.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 11:15 am   Permalink

The Matador and Bull are one of my favorite sets, not all treasure craft are marked. Nice Calypso Drummer Man ookoo lady, I sold the Calypso Set on ebay about a year ago, I miss them very much. There are a couple on ebay right now. She goes with your drummer.

[ This Message was edited by: dawntiki 2005-09-13 20:50 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 12:15 pm   Permalink

Great thread.

I have these TreasureCraft pieces not previously mentioned:

11" figures. Marked "TreasureCraft 1959"

5 1/2" S&P. Marked "Tiki Made in USA" No mention of TreasureCraft.

blog

[ This Message was edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2008-09-18 02:09 ]

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 1:43 pm   Permalink

Dawntiki,
A calypso figure went for over $100 on e-bay just two weeks ago! See
here

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 4:42 pm   Permalink

Dayum!!! I sold mine as a set for 65.00 and was stoked to get that! Love the Treasure Craft!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 6:58 pm   Permalink

Here's that horse. It doesn't have any manufacturer's mark, but I'm sure it's Treasure Craft.

Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-03 5:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-01 05:50, Johnny Dollar wrote:

That one makes me drool...

Here's pic of a TC pupu platter that I have. It has a place for the pineapple/menehune to sit, I suppose to hold pupu picks. This is an old pic, she's in storage at the moment.

I've got a whale salt and pepper set from Disney's Polynesian Village but I can't find a pic of it. It too is is wrapped up in a box.

Pineapples? In Florida??

Ku.

I think johntiki has a TC Moai.

Here's a piece that's not marked Treasure Craft but I'm sure it was made by them. It's a boomerang ashtray.

Bottom's marked "Napili Kai Beach Club, Island of Maui."

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 12:15 am   Permalink

There is a Treasure Craft book out there that came out last year.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 10:59 am   Permalink

I love those old pupu platters. The prices on e-bay are usually pretty reasonable, but since they're so big and heavy the shipping can cost more than the platter. I'm waiting to find one at the flea market.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 11:01 am   Permalink

Kono, that boomerang ashtray is fantastic! I wouldn't be able to walk past that one in an antique mall.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-12 10:16 pm   Permalink

Sorry I got in on this topic a little late... I don't know how I forgot about my one and only Treasure Craft item, I'm kind of surprised no one else has posted a pic of this one...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-14 9:19 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-09-12 22:16, johntiki wrote:
Sorry I got in on this topic a little late... I don't know how I forgot about my one and only Treasure Craft item, I'm kind of surprised no one else has posted a pic of this one...

Are you kidding me???? You dont know why people haven't posted this one? That is a rare find my Tiki friend!!! I've been collecting about seven years now and have never seen that one before! What a awesome piece!!! Thanks for posting the picture!

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-15 07:53 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-09-14 21:19, TabooDan wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-09-12 22:16, johntiki wrote:

Are you kidding me???? You dont know why people haven't posted this one? That is a rare find my Tiki friend!!! I've been collecting about seven years now and have never seen that one before! What a awesome piece!!! Thanks for posting the picture!

i'll second that!! great find john. i've never even saw one on ebay before!

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation