FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Treasure Craft stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Treasure Craft stuff
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-15 3:43 pm   Permalink

Wow! I'm not a Treasure Craft collector so I had no idea it was that rare... I guess it was $4.00 well spent!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-16 10:56 pm   Permalink

Well, here's a good chunk of my Treasure Craft collection. Alot of my Treasure Craft stuff I got rid of but I did hold onto a few pieces.

These are the Hula Dancers that have the white colored porcelain on them. They look great with age as they get all those crazing lines. The two on the right are a couple of young Hula Dancers. In the center are the Menehunes in a couple of the poses that you can find them in. Two still have the original paper cards.

This photo is of some of the many different Salt and Pepper sets you can find. My favorite is definitely the Tikis in the center. Their style of Tiki is just awesome!

This picture has a couple different pieces starting with the great Tiki face ash tray on the right, two mugs with the different Hawaiian Island names on them (probably part of a whole set), a set of three different bottle top pieces in their original stand, and a small vase (2.5" tall)that has a pineapple on the front.

Here are a bunch of pineapple bowls/dishes/ash trays in different sizes. A big fish shaped dish, two small beach bum feet and cool shaped "Hawaii 50th State" dish. You sure get a pretty good idea of some of the bright and different colors they used. The majority of these pieces are dated in the 1960's.

Well, that's a quick look at some. Hope I have inspired a few people to not just turn away from those still inexpensive and easy to find pieces. They make a great display of Hawaiiana for your Tiki rooms!! Dan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-17 07:35 am   Permalink

Good stuff, thanks for posting the pictures!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 07:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-12 22:16, johntiki wrote:
Sorry I got in on this topic a little late... I don't know how I forgot about my one and only Treasure Craft item, I'm kind of surprised no one else has posted a pic of this one...

I guess it was $4.00 well spent!

A similar one just sold on e-bay for $76. Not bad...

check it out!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 4:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-20 07:36, ookoo lady wrote:
A similar one just sold on e-bay for $76. Not bad...

check it out!

Is that the same piece? The faux wood grain looks different. John, does your's have a flat back and a hole for hanging?

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-22 11:38 am   Permalink

I gotta check... I actually don't remember...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 7:53 pm   Permalink

I have a couple more salt & pepper shakers from Treasure Craft:

This set with the skull and rum barrel is my new favorite:

Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 12:32 am   Permalink

Since this is the only Treasure Craft specific post I could find, I'll ask my question here.

I often find TC items with the "brown" faded or leached off of the bisque areas. Has anyone had any success "re-browning" a TC item? Seems like a wood stain might do the job. Any advice?

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-22 07:16 am   Permalink

Did Treasure Craft ever have figures with a black glaze with the withe crackle highlight areas? I have seen a couple of these figures unmarked and have passed them by. Should I pick them up in the future? They had a Hawaiian theme. Thanks.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-09 2:51 pm   Permalink

We have been collecting Treasure Craft for years now and it never ceases to amaze us how diverse a product line they had.
We were at an estate sale last week, the guy there handed me a box said fill it with stuff and I’ll give you a price, I wandered around there for half an hour and it wasn’t until we got home and I realized I had been carrying the prize, reminding me of this thread.

To say we have a lot of Treasure Craft is an understatement; I wish I could locate and shoot it all, but one of my favorite pieces is what we call the “Shrimp Galleon”. You fill the large ship with shrimp cargo and the small boats labeled “shrimp boat” hold your catch and they have an extra removable (read washable) compartment for the cocktail sauce. The Galleon isn’t marked but the boats are, Treasure Craft 1957 scratched into the bisque.

My very best Alohas,

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-09 3:56 pm   Permalink

cool stuff people

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-10 6:24 pm   Permalink

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! Skrimpsss....Please pass the Cocktail sauce!

Found this at the Kamehameha Swapmeet a few years ago, between $5-10 ??

Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 4:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha! This just ended on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170209315794&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-24 4:37 pm   Permalink

Are these by Treasure Craft? I think they look like it to me but they are not marked. 3" tall and are solid not hollow. I put a quarter in the pic to show how small they are.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-24 5:12 pm   Permalink

Treasure Craft clam shell chip & dip set

Big fish little fish set

Pineapple menehune set

close-up menehune

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation