FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Treasure Craft stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Treasure Craft stuff
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-25 07:54 am   Permalink

Who cares about the dishes...I want the FOOD! Yummy, greasy, non-health food!

Trav, that cartoony dancer couple is tres cool, never seen one like it before. Isn't there a whole series of Menehune in a similar style?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-26 04:26 am   Permalink

Thanks Sven. If I remember right there was a line of Menehunes but I don't remember those having the crackle glaze. Anyway I couldn't pass them up for a dollar.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-26 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

I have the pineapple/menehune part without the dish. Now I know what all the little holes are about!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-27 08:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-26 10:37, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
I have the pineapple/menehune part without the dish.

As do I, I think it was one of my first Treasure Craft finds.
I even have a Menehune by himself, which was brought up in an older thread.
I have a few Treasure Craft ashtrays (a pine apple and a shell. I'll look for them to contribute to the discussion.

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2009-10-28 07:48 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-27 12:58 pm   Permalink

Treasure Craft Tiki S & P shakers with the hang tag from my collection.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-21 3:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-24 17:12, sputnikmoss wrote:

Pineapple menehune set

close-up menehune

It doesn't seem to me that the Menehune and Pineapple go with that tray. In your close-up the pineapple fits, but there's no base for the menehune to sit on. But more telling, the themes don't match. It seems that something with grapes and grapevines would go in the center just like with your fish set. Or, conversely, if the pineapple/menehune is right then the tray would have Hawaiiana themes around it... pineapples, tapa cloth patterns, plumeria flowers... all themes Treasure Craft used on other items.

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-21 4:19 pm   Permalink

It seems odd but I just bought http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Craft-Pottery-Stoneware-California/dp/0764320726/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279754161&sr=8-1 and it's a match. They even make another version of it with the menehune sitting next to a X-mas tree instead of a pineapple for use during Christmas! hahaha

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-21 5:20 pm   Permalink

Xmas, menehune, splatter glaze, grapes, faux bois.... now I think I need to own that! lol
I'll be on the lookout for the tray to go with my Pineapple Menehune in the mean time.
I just found that book, I think I need to get it (I'm developing a bit of a Treasure Craft habit within my tiki habit).

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-21 7:03 pm   Permalink

a few different versions

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-21 8:46 pm   Permalink

here's the same menehune on a different pineapple piece:

And the Xmas tree Menehune:

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-22 7:18 pm   Permalink

Here is some more Treasure Craft that we have come across while thrifting.

[ This Message was edited by: sputnikmoss 2010-07-22 19:19 ]

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-22 7:39 pm   Permalink

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-27 4:01 pm   Permalink

Recent find, TC#31 Split leaf Philodendron ashtray:

Friend found these for me ($10 total for 5!). Some if not all are in this thread already but I had to share:

Favorite, TC#402 Menehune Outrigger Ashtray (not the best pic):

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-27 4:48 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to show the difference in quality of different molds. THe crisp one in back, or the one that's lost most detail in front.

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-31 3:15 pm   Permalink

Here are some more (sorry for dup pics..I dont have the patience to edit out the ones that may have already been posted!)

Trivet

Hawaii Plate

Large green Hawaii leaf bowl

Large 3 compartment orage leaf bowl

Large mult compartment green leaf bowl

Medium Hawaii pineapple dish

Seahorse wall pocket

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation