FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving surfntiki 2009
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
surfntiki 2009
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 3:20 pm   Permalink

something new for my sister,it has a twin but too many shadows for a good photo.capotiki

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 3:25 pm   Permalink

forgot to show the back side.

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 4:37 pm   Permalink

Very Sweet Capo! Damn your good.
Is this the same process you have been schooling me on? Can we have some closer photo's, please?
Well tomorrow is the day I do it. I have off from work and I have the whole day to get to it. Photo's will be taken. Question about the Moai that I will attempt tomorrow. He is 48" tall & the sonic is 10".
Do you have any idea how much portland and sand I should have on hand?
Wes

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 6:11 pm   Permalink

I did use the same system to do the tiki poles.I would think your total weight will be under 100 lbs.capotiki

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 4:13 pm   Permalink

Capo-
First I want to thank you for your guidance and info. Secondly you should be charging twice what you do. I've finally got the time to apply the portland/sand mix to the Moai.
Here is a couple photo's of it before I started, oh yeah I added a copper 1/8" pipe so I could use him as a fountain later.

Here goes with the concrete:

As I look at these the bottom isn't wide enough. The forehead fell off at least 5 times during the process. Her what I have drying on the patio.

Annie said I should be smiling?

Capotiki, once again thank you for your patience and help.
Next will be what type of finish do you think I should apply?
Wesley

[ This Message was edited by: Moondance 2005-10-13 08:43 ]

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 5:05 pm   Permalink

let me tell ya I am impressed,I have had noses fall off 20 minutes after finishing a project so I know the patients it takes.Gravity sucks sometimes.You should be smiling,I am!As far as a finish what color.I use a concrete sealer from my local building supply house,usually I start with a Grey sealer and then I get a rag,wet it with paint thinner and load up the rag with enamel spray paint and rub the paint into the sealer,you can use any color paint at this point to get the color you want.great job.capo

capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 7:32 pm   Permalink

the new planter moai man/currently on display at tikifarm,thanks Holden!

[ This Message was edited by: capotiki 2005-09-30 19:33 ]

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 9:06 pm   Permalink

Capo-
Very Sweet!!

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-01 12:05 pm   Permalink

Capo-
That Moai is awesome!! My wife would love that for her million plants for sure.
About the process:
1) How long should I wait before I apply the Cement Sealer?
2) Do you prefer one brand from the next?
(I know another 50 question, not really)
3) How long should I let the sealer dry before I can apply the paint?
Sorry I'm such a pain in the Ass.

capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-01 12:28 pm   Permalink

3 or 4 days be for sealer,the concrete must be completely white.The sealer drys in 1 hour or so,you can seal and paint the same day.keep them questions coming.I like using the brand name Primary Sealer/transparent cement coating.capo

[ This Message was edited by: capotiki 2005-10-01 12:31 ]

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-01 2:16 pm   Permalink

Thank you my friend
Wes

capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 2:24 pm   Permalink

concrete mask shield,a gift for Holden at tikifarm.

[ This Message was edited by: capotiki 2005-10-05 18:45 ]

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 7:35 pm   Permalink

Capo-
I Love that Mask! You are non-stop!
Is that done with the same process?
It gives me a idea, How about cutting a 8" sonic tube to around 18"long then cutting it in half. Then wiring it and appling the mortar. How does that sound?!?
Wes

capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 9:17 pm   Permalink

I make each face individually and then I make a wire shape for the shield ,cover it with mud and then stick the masks onto the shield and then add detail.Sounds like you have a great idea,take care,capotiki

[ This Message was edited by: capotiki 2005-10-06 21:21 ]

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 9:21 pm   Permalink

CAPO-
I'll start one and show you what I'm thinking.
Thanks for all of your help!
Wes

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation