FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Omni Hut, Mahi Mahi, Blue Hawaii Nexus uncovered
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Omni Hut, Mahi Mahi, Blue Hawaii Nexus uncovered
Rorysm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 12:43 pm   Permalink

Awesome!
I'm very glad that we're comming together to help out a classic tiki bar BEFORE they get into financial troubles (I'm not saying they necessarily would, I'm just saying it's good that it's happening while things are going fine)--it gives us more time to slowly increase the business.
Also, this is the only legit tiki place within 2 hours of my West Ky home. Although with our firstborn on the way, it's unlikely I'll be visiting any time soon.
The staff are incredilby nice there--man what a great time we had! The food is fantastic.

View Profile of Rorysm Send a personal message to Rorysm  Goto the website of Rorysm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 07:34 am   Permalink

I talked with Polly the other day and she is happy to have us redo their website. I also ran the mug idea by her and she is all for it. I am going to see if we can make a mug designed like her menu tiki and paint it in the pink shades of the menu. I think it might look a bit like the Frankoma War God mug. The show airs in November they say, but I am not sure. I hope to get the time to write up an out line for the site and get it going.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 1:19 pm   Permalink

Found this while browsing around looking for the Mahi Mahi mugs.

A little light read on Tiki in Tennessee.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060127/ENTERTAINMENT02/601270337/1061/ENTERTAINMENT

[ This Message was edited by: Tikitikiboom 2006-01-31 13:22 ]

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 1:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-31 13:19, TikiTikiBoom wrote:
Found this while browsing around looking for the Mahi Mahi mugs.

A little light read on Tiki in Tennessee.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060127/ENTERTAINMENT02/601270337/1061/ENTERTAINMENT

[ This Message was edited by: Tikitikiboom 2006-01-31 13:22 ]

Weird. I did that interview last week (I'm Tim Glazner) and he didn't bother to email me about the article! It's mighty short. I thought he was doing an article on the Omni Hut.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 4:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-31 13:40, Swanky wrote:
Weird. I did that interview last week (I'm Tim Glazner) and he didn't bother to email me about the article! It's mighty short. I thought he was doing an article on the Omni Hut.

There's another article by the same guy dated Jan 27, that is more about the Omni Hut (follow the link on the page linked to above).

Although he mentions 'half a decade of service' (I think he meant half a century!) it's good to see Polly and Jim getting some press.

BTW, Tim, get use to being in the dark - I think that about 20% of the journalists who have interviewed me over the past decade have made good on their promises to send me copies or even just let me know when the material was printed/broadcast. the vast majority of them get lazy, or just forget, or just don't care.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 6:08 pm   Permalink

my god! the mahi mahi. I want a house that looks like that! WOW!

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation