FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Hooptylau 2005 October 15th.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hooptylau 2005 October 15th.
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 06:14 am   Permalink

sorry to hear you can't make it unga! we'll have to catch up with you another time.

one more day everyone!!! hooooooopty hooooooopty!

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 08:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-15 08:59, the drunken hat wrote:
hey i almost forgot if you want to make it a weekend i was thinking if we have a group we could go to stockton for drinks at on-lock sam's friday evening. it is a cool old chinese restaurant with a lounge built in 1964. they have pretty good cocktails. one of which they call a mai tai but is something totally different but good.(if that makes any sense)

mahalo,
scott

i think we are going to save a visit to on-lock sam's for another time.

maybe we will go there for a future central valley meet up.

[ This Message was edited by: the drunken hat 2005-10-14 08:18 ]

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 08:34 am   Permalink

Ah hell! A hooptylau with out Unga is like a tiki mug with no little paper umbrella. We will toast to you Unga and then raise are fists and curse at the man. Those anti tiki bass terds will get theirs!

Chongolio, a monkey for the people.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:39 am   Permalink

Wish I could have made it tonight but work is busy after my long absence. See y'all tomorrow! Unga, you'll be missed. HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU! HOOPTYLAU!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:39 am   Permalink

Hmph, no Hoopty UB is definitely JUST WRONG. Maybe that van needs to make a coastal field trip for a boss-thumping and an Unga-napping.

Er, I do have what I think are your exciting visor and blinky necklace thingy from the Hukilau home bar tour, though, Unga.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:50 am   Permalink

Okay, home from Hukilau and somewhat recovered from the SINGLE MOST CLAUSTROPHOBIC plane ride of my life, I have made a reservation for the Best Western Townhouse! See you Saturday!

I don't know if I'm going to dress down, though. I just got the prettiest tiki dress off EBay and may just have to wear it. I've tried to talk Bill into a really loud 60's shirt (with GIANT hibiscuses), khaki shorts, white socks, black shoes and horn rims, but I think he'll only do it for me, you know, privately.

Mind you...my so-called "pretty" Hawaiian dress would probably horrify most normal people, though. Hmmm...

I just don't fit into my 80's Thatcher-esque 'power suit' at the moment, unfortunately, or I'd wear that. I did see some of the most HIDEOUS 80's teddy-bear themed clothing in Fort Lauderdale thrifts, but I can't. I just CAN'T go there, sorry...

meow, tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2005-10-14 11:10 am   Permalink

tikivixen - you will look gorgeous no matter what you wear!

I have a couple of trashy and/or tiki trashy outfits in mind, and I still haven't decided yet. I'm thinking pleather...

see you all tomorrow!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 12:11 pm   Permalink

Speaking of "What shall I wear?" The temperature forecast for Saturday night is a low of 49 degrees, a little nippy for me. I don't mind a quick dash between Minnies and the HooptyVan, but will the other places be toasty warm or outside and chilly?

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 1:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-14 12:11, ookoo lady wrote:
Speaking of "What shall I wear?" The temperature forecast for Saturday night is a low of 49 degrees, a little nippy for me. I don't mind a quick dash between Minnies and the HooptyVan, but will the other places be toasty warm or outside and chilly?

tiki lounge and minnie's should not be a problem. we will be indoors at both. we'll be at jt's before dark so there should be no problem there either.

our bar is not real big (12' x 15'). the overflow is our patio. it is covered and the wind is usually blocked by the house. we will have our fire pit going too so it should be comfortable out there.

hope this helps everyone.

[ This Message was edited by: the drunken hat 2005-10-14 13:15 ]

tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 2:03 pm   Permalink

ladies of hooptylau: i would bring a sweater to accessorize your hoopty outfit. lately, the weather has been beautiful here. but a little system is passing through on saturday that will bring some sprinkles to the north of us. i, for one, am eternally cold so i always bring a light coverup where-ever i go. i suggest you do the same, unless you are from san francisco and are accustomed to the cold. or if you plan to be ungabunga drunk.

kevin my dear, you will be sorely missed.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-14 2:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-14 13:14, the drunken hat wrote:

tiki lounge and minnie's should not be a problem. we will be indoors at both. we'll be at jt's before dark so there should be no problem there either.

our bar is not real big (12' x 15'). the overflow is our patio. it is covered and the wind is usually blocked by the house. we will have our fire pit going too so it should be comfortable out there.

hope this helps everyone.

I hope the bottom doesn't fall out of the fire pit this time!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 2:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-14 14:12, mrsmiley wrote:

I hope the bottom doesn't fall out of the fire pit this time!!

ha ha! wouldn't that be appropriate at the hooptylau though?

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 7:51 pm   Permalink

49 tiki degrees? NOT. Maybe at 5 in the morning. The weather has been beautiful lately. Besides, nice weather or not we won't be in any condition to know.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-15 2:11 pm   Permalink

We're headin' out, to get our Hoopty on right now! Sandals, black socks, and all. HOOPT-HOOPT!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-15 7:59 pm   Permalink

Hey Guys, thanks for the live call from the Hoopty bus! Made my night man (had to go thru some heavy stuff today)... have a drink for me and I'll do the same down here.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation