FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Hooptylau 2005 October 15th.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hooptylau 2005 October 15th.
limptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 4:43 pm   Permalink

In reply chongolio - you have to either join the french navy or get to know a french sailor real well, sorry I can't tell you which route I chose.

View Profile of limptiki Send a personal message to limptiki  Email limptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 4:55 pm   Permalink

Humu, I think it's that whole Marilyn fetish we all have

HUGE mahalo to Scott and Cleen for a beeeachin' time: Jungletrader's place is so nice I almost asked them if I could move in- mahalo to them for hosting- the sushi and open bar really hit the spot. Great to meet more TC members for the first time. I'm glad I could make so many friends happy by adding to their tiki decor- hope everyone enjoys their prize.

Lastly, does Billy Joe Bob, Cousin Clem, or whatever his name was do weddings? The entertainment value was unparalleled! Martiki you're the best!

Looking forward to next year.

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-17 5:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-17 16:09, martiki wrote:
Whenever you're watching a Jerk get made
You gotta be careful, they're siphoning away.
Don't keep your eyes on the jukebox
or the stuffed pig's head
Keep your eyes on The Jab
He's kinda sneaky
Just keep your eyes on The Jab!

Chongolian BEEEEEEF!!!!

I would change that to: Keep your eyes on the bus!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 12:04 am   Permalink

Wow, what a weekend! Hooptylau is like one of the best Tiki Central events ever! Fo shizzle!!! Much thanks to Scott and Colleen, for all of their efforts and generosity! And to think, they couldn't even drink since they were haulin' our sorry drunk mugs all over the place! Hats off also to Vic and his wife, and to the amazing generosity of Mike and Alia - man, I am still in disbelief of all the wonderful prizes that they donated!

And of course I'm now paying my pennance - I now officially have a full blown cold. Had to call in sick to work today! Hope I didn't spread it around to anyone. Hoopt-Hoopt!!!

I really had a blast hangin' with my homies and gettin' to know some more T.C.'ers as well, like Ookoo Lady and Krustiki (who kept callin' me "Smoky Tiki" due to the Hoopty paraphenelia I was sportin'). Always great hangin' with Dr. Z, Chongolian Beef, Limpy the French Roast Tiki (sacre bleu!!!), Hanford & Humu, Mike & Alia, TikiVixen & Bill, Conga Mike & Denise, Smiley, and everyone else that I can't remember right now. And of course a big Hoopty Doo to Cousin Clem. (Except for that damn Jab. Try as hard as we could to ditch him, and he still turns up for breakfast!)

Geesh, I brought Cuban cigars to smoke, and they went untouched. I wasn't up for smokin' them as I was a little under the weather, but hey guys, next time just dig in! I'll save them for the next event. I'll upload pictures tonight and post them tomorrow. In the immortal words of Hoodsy Owl, I Don't Give A Hoot!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-18 11:55 am   Permalink

I was really happy with all the shots I got, so forgive me for the long photo post. The rest of the gems can be found here: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8CYuGzhw3aMPq

The World’s first “Double Isaac”!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-18 12:11 pm   Permalink

Some more gems from Conga Mike:

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-18 12:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-18 11:55, martiki wrote:
I was really happy with all the shots I got, so forgive me for the long photo post. The rest of the gems can be found here: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8CYuGzhw3aMPq

I'm glad you got the shot of Tikihula and Doctor Z after they stole the car stereo out of that 89 Porsche -you can see the wires dangling in the Doctor's hand!

Can you image the Jab wandering the streets of Modesto in this outfit looking for a place to sleep?

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-18 12:20 pm   Permalink

zazz!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-10-18 12:55 pm   Permalink

Great pics martiki! I hope yer cousin can make it on Nov. 19th. because I wanna pass the jug with him.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 1:15 pm   Permalink

Man, I wish I could have made it.
The pictures are great. We (TC) sure know how to party.
Next Year!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-18 1:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-18 13:15, Unga Bunga wrote:
Man, I wish I could have made it.
The pictures are great. We (TC) sure know how to party.
Next Year!

you were there in spirit(s)--there was an honorary photo name tag for you!

thejab

Posted: 2005-10-18 2:46 pm   Permalink

Before Minnie's:

and after:

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 3:20 pm   Permalink

Who was that magnificent man beast with the golden mullet...Martin, Rebecca you have to bring him to Oasis! It all looked like alot of fun...put me on the list for next year fer shur...

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-10-18 17:08 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 4:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks for postings those pics. Just a quick word to say thanks to all involved. Denise and myself had an absolute blast !! We've been to Oasis, we've been to Hukilau, but man, this was the most fun we've ever had !!
Cheers to Hat and Cleen and Mike (for donating the wonderful prize I walked off with) and to all the TCers we shared (drunken) moments with. Looking forward to the next one...

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 5:54 pm   Permalink

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation