FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Events
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Events
Tangaroa Ed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-03 07:32 am   Permalink

Hi Folks,

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will be unable to attend this weekend.

My boss has decided that he is having a "wine tasting" pre-holiday party at his house, and he stressed that we should attend.

Normally I would blow it off...but with bonus time coming...Oasis and SXSW next year...

Next time I promise I will make it though...

*sigh* I was looking forward to the Kowloon-y goodness too.

View Profile of Tangaroa Ed Send a personal message to Tangaroa Ed  Email Tangaroa Ed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-03 07:33 am   Permalink

Sounds good Johnman (nice pic btw). I'll make a reservation for at least 10. Dunno where they'll put us with a party that large. The lagoon booths fit 6 at max. I think the boat is the only place (or the front room which hasn' t much decor!)

For those who want to know what I look like...Pic of me looking like Vegas Elvis on his death bed right here (ps thats the wahine, Jess in the pic w/me, and thats Petunia on the table)
http://bargoyle.yafro.com/photo/9356821 See everyone there!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-04 03:47 am   Permalink

Sorry, you can't make it, T. Ed. I don't think I've ever heard of enforced wine tasting but I hope it's not too terrible for you.

Bargoyle, please try not to hurt yourself between now and Saturday.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-04 09:39 am   Permalink

Bummer Ed - wish you could make it. I'll just have to knock out an extra drink to make up for you.

Ok, the list looks like the following:
Head count right now looks like:
Bargoyle + 1
SBiM + 1
pappythesailor
JohnMan + 1
= 7

Bargoyle - Unless there are some surprise attendees, we're probably safe with a reservation for 7. Guess we'll just try to avoid getting placed in the front room - don't want to miss out on the atmosphere. Nice pics btw, you do kind of remind me of Vegas Elvis:)

Well, I can't wait to meet everyone tomorrow! And also knock out a few tiki drinks in the process. I'll be on TC again later tonight and sometime tomorrow.

Aloha!
JohnMan

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-04 11:51 am   Permalink

I'll get one for eight of us, just in case anyone else shows up (or if we wanna just grab a stranger off the street! heh).

Trying to arrange the "red carpet" treatment for us, but its impossible to do over the phone. When I get there, I'll try to get a manager's ear & see if we can get a tour or at least someone who knows the history of the place to field any questions. Might be tricky if none of the Wong family are around...

Should be a great time, even if we dont get to speak with anyone. Can't wait.

PS My hair is much shorter than it was in that pic, and that was about 1am the night before the luau after drinking ALL night.....so I may look better or worse than that shot depending on what time I get to the bar, and what time YOU get there. (appologies in advance for my drunken buffoonery) lol

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 07:21 am   Permalink

Sounds good Bargoyle - 8 just in case. I guess you could put us under the name "Tiki Central". Then if any stragglers come in just ask for the TC table.

Good luck with the red carpet treatment. Hmm, maybe you can make out that one of us is famous. We can get our picture on their site.

Buffoonery? As long as you don't manage to fire up the boat and drive it out of the place, no apology necessary.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 09:07 am   Permalink

That boat doesnt go anywhere!! believe me, i've tried!

Ok, its about noon rt now & the wahine and I are heading out. Gonna do all the weird places on rt 1 (maybe play some mini golf, roast beef at kellys with that freaky clown head on the wall, etc etc)

See everyone there. I'll put reservations under "TC" sounds like a guys name....wait, wasnt that chopper pilot's name on Magnum PI?

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 09:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-05 09:07, Bargoyle wrote:
See everyone there. I'll put reservations under "TC" sounds like a guys name....wait, wasn't that chopper pilot's name on Magnum PI?

I just looked that up and, yes, TC was the name of the chopper pilot. Somehow that seems appropriate, don't you think?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 12:58 pm   Permalink

TC it is. Well we're heading to Saugus now. See everyone in a couple of hours!

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 4:22 pm   Permalink

Hope you all had fun & drank carefully. Just thought that since these were non-finds I'd warn the New England TC contingent -

Braintree, MA - Tiki Palace - No Tiki, No Mugs - Christmas lights are their only decoration. Nice lady inside said no more mugs because people steal them, can you imagine that?

O.K. so Braintree was a bust let's try Waltham.

Waltham, MA - Tiki House - No Tiki, No Mugs - all the glamour of a Woolworth's lunch counter except as far as I could see driving by there were no seats!!!

But I am not giving up hope next Tiki trip I'll try Medford!!! Their add looks like they may have a Tiki there somewhere...

Sad & Tiki-less in MA!

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 8:50 pm   Permalink

Just got back from Kowloon (11.30pm...early night) Great to meet everyone. We had a blast!

For those who didn't make it, be sure to get in on the next trip!

Didn't exactly get the "red carpet" treatment, but the manager DID put a round of drinks on the house and gave us all signature Kowloon sugar bowls (in the shape of little pineapples) and some nice Moai S&P shakers with the Kowloon name embossed on the back!!! Pretty freakin sweet! (If no-one post pics of these things, I'll take some)

Pappy was our little shutter-bug so I'm sure he'll have some pics to share. All in all, a great night out.

I think we should try HoKong or the Hu Ke Lau as the next excursion (the Huke is pretty cool, with great decor & a floor show, but it might be hard to make 7pm on a friday night....plus, the first attempt there left poor pappy out in the cold, but we'll do better this time, I swear! On the flip side, I still havent hit the HoKong, and I love venturing into uncharted territory.)

Also, talked with pappy & johnman about making a run to the Timex Museum down in my neck of the woods. The Timex owners were good freinds with Thor when he did his Kon Tiki voyage, and a big part of the museum is dedicated to his trip & easter Island artifacts.

Cocktails at the Bargoyle's after the museum!! Anyone else interested?

Ok, gotta go feed the buzz I lost preping for the ride home. Hope everyone made it home safe & sound. See you all soon!

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 9:47 pm   Permalink

I'm so bummed out I couldn't be there.

And you got Salt and Pepper Shakers?!?!?!

I can't wait to see the pictures.

I hope I can make the next event.

I went to the Hawaiian Isle II in Concord NH last week, and I heard a rumor that their lease may not be renewed soon

If you get a chance, get out to see their classic hanging lamps before they're gone.

Tikisgrl, you're from Lowell huh? I grew up there and I only live in Nashua now. (I'm in Lowell a lot)
I'm just wondering if we know each other. I'm Carl Ayotte (though a lot of people know me from "Captain Morgan and the RumRunners")

Make sure you post those pics PappyTheSailor!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-06 03:21 am   Permalink

Wow. Bargoyle posted at 11:30 when I was already in dreamland. But I'm up at 0600.

The Kowloon was great and if a free round of drinks, free Pi Yi mug, free Kowloon Sugar Bowl and free Kowloon S & P shakers aren't the red carpet treatment, I don't want it!

The Kowloon is in NO danger of closing. The parking lot was full for a place that seats 1200 or something. People were still breaking down the door to get in when we left. All the TCers were great too;a fine, gracious bunch.

L to R: Bargoyle, The Rock, Jess, Pappy, Traci, Johnman, Missy and Suffering Bastard from Maine. I know it looks like we're sitting in the supply room but we had a pretty good table.

Full-sized pic
here.

I'll post more today--gotta hit the flea market!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-06 10:15 am   Permalink

We had a wonderful time last night at the Kowloon, thanks everyone!
And it was really nice for The Rock to buy us a round and give us autographs.

Here are the salt and pepper shakers and the little pineapple sugar bowl they gave us as gifts. Also are the things I found at the Goodwill in Portsmouth.

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-06 1:21 pm   Permalink

Missy and I had an awesome time at the Kowloon last night. Thanks for coming everybody!

The food, service and drinks were good. I certainly head back to this place again. And I never expected The Rock to show up - that was just too cool.

Bargoyle - Definitely count me in for the Timex trip. And cocktails afterward sounds good too.

I'd like to scope out the Ho Kong next. Maybe the Saturday after Thanksgiving?

Here's a couple of pics from last night:

Pappy with a Coconut Monkey (mmm - how was that drink Pappy?)

The Kowloon pineapple mug

More pics can be found here:
http://thejohnman.com/images/tiki/kowloon/

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation