FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Events
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Events
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 7:36 pm   Permalink

Nice overview Bargoyle. I so didn't expect to see that much tiki in the Luau Hale - what a shock. An October journey sounds good. Maybe make a weekend out of it.

Pappy an April retreat to Southern Mass sounds good here. Maybe Rain's find - the Mon Kou in Attleboro??

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 03:44 am   Permalink

BG:
Nice discovery. Hey Now, how about a new thread for New England Tiki Events and one for the pre and after glows. I would like to meet up again, but it is tough to determine where and when by the post.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 08:47 am   Permalink

I agree with primo. New events should get their own threads with the dates in the subject. We can still use this as a place to chat & work things out etc.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 1:08 pm   Permalink

is kowloon a reservations type of place? i have potentially 4 more people from the boston area that might like to join in.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 3:50 pm   Permalink

perhaps we should have an online calendar that we can link to from the top of each page in this thread. I just had to go back a couple pages to find the date for the next Kowloon trip. It's March 25th, right?

Oh, and as soon as Traci gets confirmation on the dates, we are going to book our tickets for Tiki Oasis!

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 6:05 pm   Permalink

Good plan to start a thread for each event. This one is definitely getting unwieldy.

Rain - I don't think they take reservations, but if we all get there about the same time we should be good. Worse scenario is we have to wait at the bar. Then again, I hope there's a wait!

SBiM - going to Tiki Oasis! You will love San Diego. And drinks at the Bali Hai are awesome. I can vouch for the Navy Grog and Mai Tai being top notch.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 07:31 am   Permalink

Hey Bargoyle - Miss and I just wanted to thank you for the awesome time Saturday night. Its a total blur to me - next thing I know I'm waking up in the Best Western having that "hope I didn't do anything stupid last night" feeling. I think the last Mai Tai was to blame Thanks again mon!

professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 5:37 pm   Permalink

Hey New Englanders,

WAITIKI will be in Nantucket in a couple weeks -- we're playing at The Muse on March 11. Just a heads up - not sure if any of you cats are out there, but we'd love to see/meet you if you are! More info avail. at our website,
www.waitiki.com.

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 6:33 pm   Permalink

Was great to have you johnman...and no, no embarassing moments to share with group (unfortunately). ALthough Missy was kicking your ass at the guitar game by the end of the night! (I think her being the designated driver and only drinking water might have contributed to that though)

We'll have to do it again soon. I'm mulling over hosting a cocktail/game night on a more frequent basis (board/war games like that Tahitian War game I just got, but I wouldn't rule out video games too...especially ones involving guitars) but I dont know if there's enough interest. Any gamers out there in the NE Ohana?

Prof.humminflowah nantucket seems very doable. Cant commit yet, but really wanna get to see you guys.

Hope all is well with everyone. ALooooooooooooooooooha!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 07:26 am   Permalink

mmmmmrmrmrrarrhhh... games.

what's this about a tahitian war board game? that sounds interesting.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 09:23 am   Permalink

ALright!! Sounds like Rain's a gamer. This is the game I just picked up. Haven't played it yet...

The game itself is all map & cardboard tiles (so dont expect anything like that coooool cover)

The guy who designed it is also working on a Maori game. The twist in that one is you can easily wind up depleting all natural resources and then resorting to cannibalism...Historically accurate AND fun!!!! WHat better reason to attack a neighboring clan than to eat them?!?! hee hee!

I also have a copy of this:

here it is in play...

I was thinking we'd have to throw this one in there at some point (scored this off ebay just recently...too cool!!!)

Anyway, like I said...if there's enough interest, I think it'd be fun (and a good excuse to get together & knock a few back). Don't know if anyone else out there is a board game geek, but who knows...these games might help to turn you. Next thing you know, you'll be at the Games Workshop buying pewter Warhammer miniatures and a painting kit!

So, if you're interested, let me know.

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 3:35 pm   Permalink

Board games? Wow - I blew many hours of my life away playing Axis & Allies, Fortress America, Conquest of the Empire, Puerto Rico and a bunch more. Most recently I've been playing Sponge Bob Life (my 5 year old insists on that one). So I guess you could say I'm "game" for a board game night. The games you posted look pretty interesting.

professahhummingflowah I won't be able to make the Nantucket show:( Any chance you guys will play in RI - maybe in the summer?

Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 6:32 pm   Permalink

wow, i had no idea such games existed. i must say, though, that one would be MUCH improved with little miniature dudes or tikis instead of flat tiles. we should make our own tiki bar-crawl game.

this is much more mainstream, but pirates of the caribbean monopoly is coming out this month. just in case anyone's interested in a four-hour game at the end of which all but one player is in horrid debt and bankrupt

someone still needs to make an all-tiki-all-the-time video game.

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 8:34 pm   Permalink

Rain,

I'm with ya on the figurines fro teh Tahiti game. MIght have to make that my next project.

Johnman-I had a feeling you might have been a gamer. Still got Fortress America in the closet, and I can't tell you how close I came to breaking out The Dark Tower during the party!

Just picked this one up today...

Cant wait to play it...finally get to live out all those godzilla movies I grew up on...

Need to create the Terrible Toxic Tiki Monster to go with it!!!

Anyone else?? C'mon people, let your geek flag fly!! Damn kids with your video games!! heh heh.

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 1:56 pm   Permalink

I spent the last 18 years getting rid of my inner geek. I was hoping he'd stay gone!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation