FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Events
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Events
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 2:18 pm   Permalink

We're still not sure about tomorrow at Granite's thing, but soon we will all know.

But I found a potential today for a place in Maine!

In Lewiston is a joint called the Cathay Hut that does Chinese, Polynesian and American food.

I went inside today and found that for the most part it is a basic looking Chinese place that does a buffet, it does serve drinks in tiki mugs of several varieties and it has a nice mural of an island scene on one wall.

They have a full tiki drink menu, serve Scorpion and Lava Bowls, they use several tiki, fu manchu, coconut and bamboo style mugs.

The decor is lacking, but it seems like this place might be the second most tiki place in Maine (after my basement).

So I am thinking perhaps we could do a gathering up here some time. Let me know if anyone is game.

--jon

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 9:02 pm   Permalink

We're very excited at even the possibility of having some Tiki Central folk join us.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-30 06:10 am   Permalink

Sorry I couldn't make it up to Nashua for today's festivities Granite. I would however like to invite all the New England Ohana down to Allentown for a party to open my tiki room on Saturday 9 September. For more details just PM me. Aloha.

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-30 08:04 am   Permalink

Granite, we are talking about stopping by today as part of a little road trip.
So expect us at some point!

--sbim

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-30 10:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-28 06:19, pappythesailor wrote:
johnman, if it weren't in Cambridge, I'd be very tempted. I HATE going into Boston...
Looks like I'm clear to go Granite's Sunday. Who else can go????

I hear ya Pappy - Cambridge probably isn't a fun road trip with all of the tunnel madness going on in Boston. I'm cleared to go but don't have anyone to go with (Miss was going to watch the kids so I could go). It be a real bummer driving up there alone Oh well maybe there'll be a better time in the future.

Sorry WAITIKI! I'm sure the stars will align eventually.

Hope everyone going to Granite's today has a great time. Wish I was there!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-30 7:14 pm   Permalink

I'd like to thank Kate and Carl for a very nice time in Nashua, even though it was short for us. We didnt get home until around 10 PM, so it was good we left when we did.

and Pappy, it was nice to see you too!

--sbim

The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-01 07:22 am   Permalink

Just so you all know, it is not necessary to go through the tunnels to get to Cambridge, from the North especially. Don't let shoddy highway construction deter you from a most worthy night out!

Some insider info for TC-ites:

-There will be hitherto unheard new Waitiki compositions debuted.

-A self-inflating Sumo suit has just been purchased, and will also be debuted as Sumitomo, the Samoan Sumo.

Please come and introduce yourselves as TC-ites! We want to meet you!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-01 11:19 am   Permalink

ALoooooooooHA!

Sry I've been MIA for the past week. Knocked out the interweb at home & been waaaaay too busy at work for surfing.

Johnman, I'm up for Waitiki on the 5th. Cambridge isnt too bad of a ride...the ride home on the other hand.......

Granite, hope the party went off well. Post some pics!

Gotta jet. Duty calls. hope everyone is well.

Sully (the Bargoyle)

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-01 5:01 pm   Permalink

Most excellent Bargoyle! Looks like some New England TC members will be at the WAITIKI show Mayor. I'm pumped to see the self-inflating sumo suit (Honey, where's my sumo suit?). I'm going to see if my brother wants to come as well - it'll be a lonely drive to Cambridge if not.

Sounds like Nashua was a good time - pics please:)

Hey rugbymatt - glad to hear your tiki room is on the verge of opening. I'd love to go to Allentown to check it out but don't think we can make it. I still owe SBiM a visit to his killer tiki bar in Maine. Patience grasshoppers.

johnman out...

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-01 5:58 pm   Permalink

Mr ho want to confirm too dat waitiki drink menu to be offered! They have mean mai tai already - hope you can enjoy some of our own concoctions!

mr ho

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 11:08 am   Permalink

That's great news on the drink menu. I have sampled everything several times.

I propose that if you bring your own sumo suit, we waive the cover!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 11:58 am   Permalink

Hey Mayor,
Is Boxboro Ma. near ya? I'm heading to a wedding this weekend down that way. If my old truck can make it.....Then I just may get to ya . (depends just how rocking the reception is) I'm looking to find more of us (I suppose an inflatable sumo outfit is MORE of us !) Mahalo , Greg

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 2:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 11:08, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:

I propose that if you bring your own sumo suit, we waive the cover!

Johnman...you thinkin what I'm thinkin?

heh heh.... a few more pupu's and I wont even need a suit to inflate ...just strap on a sumo-thong... lol

Ok, sorry for that visual everyone.

Lookin forward to the 5th!

Also, does anyone wanna meet up early? Hit Kowloon or something beforehand? PM me.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 3:05 pm   Permalink

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention this....

We stopped at Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge on the way to the reunion this past weekend, and in the mixers aisle they had Trader Vic's cocktails.

Not the mix, but the fully mixed, ready to drink, booze already in em kind (like those lynchburg lemonade & mudslide drinks in the little bottles)

They had little 4 packs, and also big jugs.

We bought the Mai Tai (they also had Blue Hawaiian, & a few others) and they were pretty good. A tad (just barely) on the sweet side.... not quite as good as mixing your own, but pretty damn close and NO MIXING REQUIRED.

So, if you want Mai Tais To Go...or a quick fix while mixing one by scratch, I highly reccomend them.

One other thing, they were all only 9.9% I think that might be a law or something with those mixed cocktails?, so an extra splash of rum may be in order for those who want a little more kick.

Appleton Estate seemed to mix in there perfectly.

Cheers!!

The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 8:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 11:58, Hula Cat wrote:
Hey Mayor,
Is Boxboro Ma. near ya? I'm heading to a wedding this weekend down that way. If my old truck can make it.....Then I just may get to ya . (depends just how rocking the reception is) I'm looking to find more of us (I suppose an inflatable sumo outfit is MORE of us !) Mahalo , Greg

Hi Hula,

Boxboro is almost 40 minutes away. Not exactly stumbling distance, but hopefully within old truck range. Here's what mapquest says about that:

3: Merge onto I-495 N toward LOWELL / LAWRENCE. 2.8 miles
4: Merge onto MA-2 E via EXIT 29A toward BOSTON. 7.2 miles
5: Enter next roundabout and take 1st exit onto MA-2 E / CONCORD TURNPIKE. 4.5 miles
6: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CAMBRIDGE TURNPIKE / MA-2 E. Continue to follow MA-2 E. 10.0 miles Map
7: Turn SLIGHT LEFT to take the US-3 N / RT-16 E ramp toward ARLINGTON / MEDFORD. <0.1 miles Map
8: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto US-3 N / MA-16 E / ALEWIFE BROOK PKWY. 0.3 miles Map
9: Turn RIGHT onto MASSACHUSETTS AVE / MA-2A. 1.6 miles
10: End at Lizard Lounge
1667 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138, US

I lay this at your feet. We'd love to see you!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation