FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Events
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Events
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 08:15 am   Permalink

Hey Pappy!!

I would love to do the Kowloon on Saturday, but cant.

I'm roasting a pig for the Tolland Fire Department.

Have a great time!!

Also, thinking about end of this month (pre-labor day...the 25th or 26th maybe?) for another get together.

HuKeLau maybe? ProfessahHummingflowah told me about some other joint we havent hit, but I forget what it was now...damn that rum!

In addition to some sort of August get together, I've been told by the contractors that their work in the house will be completed by this comming tuesday (8/15)...so, almost 5 months later & my house will be fully livable again!!!!

This means that I can start re-building the bar next week. If all goes well, I plan to have a re-opening party/luau sometime in late september. More on this as it develops.

Aloha!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 08:41 am   Permalink

Bargoyle, lemme know if'n you need help. I can swing a cordless drill pretty OK.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 09:18 am   Permalink

Cordless drill, hole-saw, staple gun....all are welcome!!!!

Thanks man. I may take everyone up on the generous offers of help.

Food & drinks on me....more details to come on that front too.

Alooooooooha!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 5:19 pm   Permalink

Just because I get to go by the Kowloon & go buy at the Kowloon I thought you might want to give them a call before you head over. The bar in the back was under some sort of construction when I dropped in 2 weeks ago...

Tikisgrl...

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 6:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-30 19:30, I, Zombie wrote:
Dear New Englanders,

This is a little ways out, but thought I'd mention it. Four people from the Minnesota Ohana are going to be in Boston on Thursday, August 10, and will be heading for Tiki Island in Medford for Zombies, Grogs, and grub. If you're nearby, and interested in joining us, let me know. I'll know more details as the date gets closer, but thought I'd at least get the date out there.

Mahalo,

I, Zombie, Karol Kay-Ahhs, Quince_at_Danny's, and Varla.

Just thought I give this a big BUMP. We'll be there tomorrow night, probably early, like around 4:30pm -- right after we stop at Stereo Jacks: home of the $1 Now Sound.

Hope to see some of you there! I'll wear a tiki/hawaiian shirt, and my gal Karol has reddish blonde hair.

I, Z

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 6:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-09 07:42, pappythesailor wrote:
Mrs. Pappy & I are going to the Kowloon Saturday (we got babysitting!)

If anybody wants to make it a New England Tiki Event, sound off!

Sorry Pappy - we have sitters for the Friday but are going to a wedding (this will be a Long Island night for me). So two nights in a row would be rough. Plus, I hate to say it, I'm on a self imposed spending freeze to fill the coffers for the ultimate tiki onslaught that awaits us in October! So I'll probably limit my events to helping out Bargoyle and maybe hitting my local Scorpion Bowl retreat, the House of Wu (can't go wrong for 9.50/bowl!). Which BTW, if anyone is up for coming by good 'ole West Warwick RI some weekend in September, maybe we can hit the Wu and adjourn to my place for cocktails and a fire in the backyard. Could be cool...

Bargoyle just give me a little lead time and I'll block off some time for the reconstruction effort.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 06:07 am   Permalink

Bah, missed our flight... now we get to Boston at 9pm. Stopping at Kowloon's instead!

I, Zombie

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 08:28 am   Permalink

ZOmbie,

Cant make it out there, but I hope you guys have a great time and a safe trip.

If you're still aorund on Sunday, I'll be free then & can head out to one of our fine New England establishments to meet up with ya.

Aloooooooooooha!!!

professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 2:40 pm   Permalink

WAITIKI CONTEST

Just uploaded an original Waitiki film,
"The Way to Okonkuluku" to Youtube.com!

Here's a puzzle for all you New England'ers:

1) Where in Massachusetts are all the lake shots filmed?
2) At 2min 59sec, what is the name of the residence in the frame ... and to whom did it famously belong?

I'll buy ya a drink at the next show.......

The movie's about 5 minutes, lemme know what u think!

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 6:22 pm   Permalink

Professor - great video man. You guys are totally crazy. Don't worry that's a good thing!

Well you have me stumped. I Googled some stuff last night to try and nail down the lake in Mass you shot the footage at and I'm stumped. Anyone else able to identify the house? or the lake?

Signed, clueless....

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 07:12 am   Permalink

Ok, just to put the cart before the horse:

The Grand Re-Dedication of the Lono Lounge in Tolland, CT will be either Oct 21st or 28th.

Anyone have a preference on these dates? Both are Saturdays, after the HuKeLau.

I'm hoping most if not ALL of the NE Ohana can make it. Those I've met, those I haven't. Even if you're a lurker or haven't made it to a single one of our gatherings, consider yourself PERSONALLY invited and welcomed.

Planning some pretty cool special surprises as well as the usual wackiness. Food, booze, games, tunes, etc to be supplied. Stay tuned for more.

And for those of you keeping score: Yes, I AM planning the party before I've even started to re-build the bar.

Let me know what date works best for everyone and I'll try to accomodate.

Aloooooooooooooha!!!!

ps Those who have offered, get those hammers ready. First shipment of supplies should arrive this week. (although this weekend is boned, so you've got a week to prepare!!)

[ This Message was edited by: bargoyle 2006-08-14 19:48 ]

Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 07:48 am   Permalink

man, you guys have certainly been active since we left. figures in those two weeks we'd miss all that!

ps - i know it's been said a million times, but the "tiki room under new management" is a travesty. it's WRONG, i tell you, WRONG!

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 11:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-13 18:22, johnman wrote:
Professor - great video man. You guys are totally crazy. Don't worry that's a good thing!

Well you have me stumped. I Googled some stuff last night to try and nail down the lake in Mass you shot the footage at and I'm stumped. Anyone else able to identify the house? or the lake?

Signed, clueless....

Thanks Johnman. OK, I'll spare ya folks a few hints:
1. The Lake & house are somewhere in Western Mass ...

2. Just minutes away from a special tiki watering hole (my first as a teenager),
reviewed by Bargoyle.

Hmmm......

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 6:57 pm   Permalink

I thought it would be more helpful if I provided some additional assistance and clues in this matter. Professor Humming FLower's intelligence sometimes baffles us to the point of having to substitute dark rum for light rum. SO, given that, here's some additional clues that might help you all trying to solve dis trivia:

Ok kochuni olorcocnutkitah challahchaniyah chunnih! Ut tah okkokuklikokek kinita kin-tah. Chasnelek chah!

Hope that helps!
Mr. Ho

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-15 07:06 am   Permalink

Thanks Mr. Ho....NOW I've got it!!! ok, no I don't.

Leaning toward Oct 28th for the Bar re-opening party. Does that rule anyone out?

Also, some new pics of the basement/bar rebuild posted in the Gen Section today (link:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18943&forum=1&start=30&40 )

Alooooha!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation