FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Events
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Events
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 11:10 am   Permalink

Also, the Lono would be an outstanding location for this event, if there aren't too many participants for the capacity. What is the capacity of the Lono, anyway? That sure would take care of the legalities and costs as well. How can we afford NOT to have it at the Lono?

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 11:19 am   Permalink

Realistically, the lono could do about 10, comfortably. Presently there's lounge seating for 5, plus 2 bar stools, and I could bring in a few more stools/chairs...have scottes behind the bar doing his thing, and everyone is comfy and boozy.

If we want a standing room only thing, we can get more in the lounge, or if we amplify Scott, there's room in the adjoining game room for at least another dozen or so...once again, much more if we do SRO.

As a second thought, I can always set up the tent & tables & chairs outside, although most of you know how chilly it can get out my way in October (You Waitiki guys especially!!) On the plus side we could then accomodate almost any number.

I'm all for it however. Its not the most central location, but we love to entertain & Jess is pretty understanding when it comes to a house full of rummies whooping it up.

We'll have an "official" meeting about it tonight.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 12:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-06 11:19, Bargoyle wrote:
...or if we amplify Scott...

I've done speaking with 200 people in a room without amplification. No Problem. (Other than the fact that speaking in front of 200 people is scary.)

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 12:49 pm   Permalink

I'd gladly offer up the Granite Tiki Lounge for a rum tasting! (Inside or out depending upon weather)

I'm in Nashua, NH. My work/gig schedule would probably get in the way of normal schedules, but you never know.

So bummed I can't see Wai-Tiki tonight. (gig)

No matter where this rum tasting will happen, if I'm not working, I'll be there!

Also, I have amplification if needed.

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-09-06 12:50 ]

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 04:37 am   Permalink

Bargoyle, Johnman and I managed to find parking in Boston in order to see Waitiki at The Beehive.

They were, as always, amazing. But I have to say that their 3rd set, especially "Dew Drop Inn, If You Please, My Humming Flower" was out-freaking-standing. Nah, that's not strong enough, but you get the idea.

I did take my camera, and shot off a number of pics which I'm going through now. Alas, I have to get to work soon (with 4 hours sleep) so I won't have time to go through them all until tonight. So I'll leave you with a teaser and I'll put up a gallery of select shots tonight.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 05:12 am   Permalink

Great picture Scottes. Can't wait to see more! Sorry I missed the show/ Big weekend of work for me this weekend as I am painting murals on display at the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival! Be it know however.... I will be bringing my Waitiki CD's to play continuosly ... while I paint.

Sorry I missed you guys, can't wait to see all, Kudos to the Mayor, Mr. Ho an the Professa!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 05:31 am   Permalink

Sure, rub it in that the third set (the one I left before) was the greatest.

I'm exhausted, and I just had 2 people call in sick (plus 2 are on vacation) so I think I'm running the office solo today...which means no time for my secret nap!!! sux0r

JPM, get some shots of the murals! lets see some progress pics!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 08:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-07 05:31, Bargoyle wrote:
Sure, rub it in that the third set (the one I left before) was the greatest.

Sorry, but Dew Drop Inn, and a few songs around it, really rocked. Out-freaking-standing.

And since I left before Johnman, he'll probably tell us both how the 4th set was truly superlative...

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 1:18 pm   Permalink

For their 5th set they covered all of Drasnin's Voodoo. You guys missed really missed out. Wait, that was the dream I had while I was driving home... My brain is running at about 25% capacity right now due to massive sleep deprivation. And to think I'm going out tonight too! Until 11 that is - me so sleepy.

All kidding aside the Waitiki show last night was awesome as usual. I can't wait until the next show!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 2:21 pm   Permalink

You guys are killin - mahalo for trekkin all the way out! beehive doenst like our schtick and talking too much so, in exchange, we took things a bit further out (jazz odd-essay!) and had fun with them. Really appreciate the tiki ohana and support - hell, I can't even get my non-tiki friends that live 10-15min away to come to shows half the time!

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 3:18 pm   Permalink

Well, what I saw was amazing. You guys were waaaay out on the jazz tip. Dug it big time. "Tiki" especially. Thanks for a killer time.

Im at a wedding tmrw near boston & might be spending the night, so I may make the JP show as well....depending on what time we wake up on sunday.

Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 3:28 pm   Permalink

I think I can actually make this: Hawaiian Nights with Brother Celve and Waitiki and some Polynesian dancers, too!
http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/programs/artsunion/events_producers07.htm#hawaii

Grab your long-forgotten leis and flowered shirts, as Union Square becomes a tropical destination with sights and sounds from the Hawaiian Isles. DJ Brother Cleve, Somerville's ubiquitous connoisseur of lounge and exotica will provide a tropical soundtrack as vintage surf films and Hawaiiana footage cast their magic on the Square. Paying tribute to the more traditional, Polynesian Dance Arts will perform Tahitian dance as well as the story driven Hulas of Hawaii. Headlining the evening is Waitiki, presenting lounge sounds in the vein of Martin Denny, Les Baxter and Arthur Lyman, along with original compositions for a sonic Tiki cocktail. The band features vibes, sax and other woodwinds, bass, drums and a variety of percussion, all in island attire.
Please be sure to wear yours.

Friday, Sep 14, 7:30-11PM, Somerville.

Anyone up for this?

jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 5:44 pm   Permalink

Dude, that sounds way cool.... and in Somahville to boot! Minga, I really want to go - let's get a major NE TC showing for drinks and late night Pu- Pu's... maybe even back at the Kowloon after!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 7:11 pm   Permalink

I finally got a chance to go through some more of the photos from the Waitiki show at the Beehive. You can see them here: http://scottes.smugmug.com/gallery/3437950

Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 10:53 pm   Permalink

Show sounds good. Wish it was on Saturday..

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation