FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Events
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Events
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 6:30 pm   Permalink

Just checked out the Tahiti's site. Looks like another good scouting location. Nice work Pappy.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa Ed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-27 12:54 pm   Permalink

I am pretty sure that I know where the Tahitian place is, and I am thinking it might be a re-enactment of the recent visit to Acton.

I will double check when I get home. I can always do a drive by and scout it out this weekend.

Definitely coming on the 5th though. I haven't been to kowloon in ages!

View Profile of Tangaroa Ed Send a personal message to Tangaroa Ed  Email Tangaroa Ed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 12:58 pm   Permalink

Just based on the website, it's more tiki than the Makaha. At least there are those nice murals. Makaha had ZERO tiki. But I know what you mean-- I don't wanna be The Boy Who Cried Tiki!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa Ed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-28 05:30 am   Permalink

I am pretty sure it is the place my mom used to take me as a kid. She worked right down the street from there, and when I went to work with her for the day she would bring me there for lunch.
You're right about the murals. There used to be a nice island scene along the main back wall if I remember correctly.
It looked a bit empty when I drove by one night about a month or so ago. Not sure if they have changed the decor around. Just wouldn't want someone to be disappointed with the outcome of tiki removal.
It might be fun just to check out though.

View Profile of Tangaroa Ed Send a personal message to Tangaroa Ed  Email Tangaroa Ed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 5:16 pm   Permalink

Happy Halloween everyone!

Well we're just days away from the Kowloon adventure. Based on looking at this thread it looks like Bargoyle, SBiM, pappythesailor, Tangaroa Ed, and myself will be going.

Anyone else up for the Kowloon, this Saturday @ 6PM? The more the merrier!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 6:19 pm   Permalink

Greetings!

Are you New England folks planning any events for the next few weeks? I will be in Providence November 15-28.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 09:29 am   Permalink

Nothing other than the Kowloon event is scheduled right now.

I'd like to get to this place in Woonsocket, RI named "Ho Kong" at some point. Supposedly its slightly tikified, but I cannot confirm. Maybe we can get a group together to scout it out while you're in Providence?

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 09:54 am   Permalink

I'm in. We gotta support any RI tiki joints! You might want to just poke your head in, tho. Remember the Makaha!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 09:58 am   Permalink

What are the logistics for Saturday? I haven't met any of you. Do we have a reservation, and if so, under what name?

Thanks.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 11:45 am   Permalink

No reservation, although one might be good. Do we have a tenative head count yet? I was planning on being there early, so I can make a reservation. I'm going to wait outside under the giant KU on the A-frame side of the building. I'll be the chain smoking balding guy with his wahine bitching at him to quit smoking!

Granite & Pappy, sorry I missed ya last week. Threw my back out and have been pretty much bed ridden ever since. On the plus side, took all of last week off from work. On the minus side, was bed-ridden & didnt get ANY yard work or anything else done, and now I'm twice as busy at the office this week! Anyway, cocktails for you guys too to appologize for leaving you hanging. (ok, thats a full round now right? SB, granite, and pappy!!)

Regardless, I cant wait for this weekend. Very much looking forward to seeing everyone, and I've been jonesin for some good chow all week!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 12:47 pm   Permalink

I've also got a few spots to scout out. Maybe we can have something together for when Cynful comes to town... If anyone knows anything about these places, chime in (I don't know what happened to my Tiki road Trip, so Im firing in the dark here)

These are the RI spots that have been on my "get to" list:

Mai Tai Resteraunt in Coventry
China Sea in ??
Ming Jade Polynesian in Newburyport
and I hear theres a place called Luke's Inn with good food and a nice mug collection, but no tikis (not sure where that is either)

We can always talk more about em at the kowloon this weekend!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 1:03 pm   Permalink

It will be me plus one.
--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 6:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-02 12:47, Bargoyle wrote:
These are the RI spots that have been on my "get to" list:

Mai Tai Resteraunt in Coventry
China Sea in ??
Ming Jade Polynesian in Newburyport
and I hear theres a place called Luke's Inn with good food and a nice mug collection, but no tikis (not sure where that is either)

We can always talk more about em at the kowloon this weekend!

Ming Jade is closed

I've Been to the Mai Tai and will probably never go back. Zero tiki and drinks/food here certainly don't make up for it.

I went to China Sea in Warwick, RI a few months ago. It had some cool bamboo decor and decent drinks. Unfortunately they recently gutted the place and the decor is history. Another loss...

Luke's Inn sounds interesting. Found a site here:
http://lukesinn.com/
Yeah, the pics scream typical Chinese place, but the keywords are there for me "exotic Polynesian drinks". Definitely worth a scouting mission sometime.

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 6:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-02 09:58, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
What are the logistics for Saturday? I haven't met any of you. Do we have a reservation, and if so, under what name?

Thanks.

--SBiM

Head count right now looks like:
Bargoyle + 1
SBiM + 1
pappythesailor
Tangaroa E
JohnMan + 1
= 8

Bargoyle will be sending smoke signals from under the giant KU so keep an eye out for him. Also I just posted a pic of my wife and I on the board, so you can look for us as well:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=2253&forum=1&start=last&406

Bargoyle - If you're planning on getting there a little early that would be cool if you could get a reservation for whatever count you see here before you go. Sounds like the room with the ship or the volcano have the best theming. Maybe we can get in one of those rooms?

If anyone wants my cell number just PM me.

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 6:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-01 18:19, cynfulcynner wrote:

Greetings!

Are you New England folks planning any events for the next few weeks? I will be in Providence November 15-28.

Can't say for sure right now, but the 26th might be doable for me. Maybe an RI place on that day? Stay tuned...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation