FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki new Huell Howser episode on OCEANIC ARTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
new Huell Howser episode on OCEANIC ARTS
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 11:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks Soccer Tiki for getting the exact dates and times, the OA boys deserve all the recognition they can get/are getting.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-09-25 8:09 pm   Permalink

WooHooo! Can't wait to see Huell at Oceanic Arts. Maybe he will ge the Tiki Fever and do other episodes on Tiki Places

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 11:19 pm   Permalink

Good one, Dawn Tiki! I love that you remembered that picture. At the time that Santacon pic was taken, Huell had been expressing an interest in doing a show or small series about SoCal Tiki to Sven.

Huell showed up at Oasis on a Sunday that year after most had gone home, but fortunately many principal players remained and he interviewed them. Still, the anticipated Howser shows did not materialize.

Santa visited Farmer's Market later that year and as usual this sight of bad, ribald and just plain cheesy revellers is difficult to ignore. It just so happened that Huell was there to witness the assault.

Oh, my gosh, what is this, he wanted to know and the ones he asked were the Tiki Clauses. Even though he's Huell, he was still given the boilerplate responses. "Who put this together?" Answer: "Santa". And so on. I finally said, "Santa's undercover. Santa doesn't need the publicity". Huell goes, (imagine this in the Howser delivery)

"Well, how 'undercover' could it be?!"

as he looks around at these dozens of drunken Kringle defamers streaming around the marketplace. Point partially taken, you friendly, yet tiki denying bastard. I then took the opportunity to ask, "What happened to the tiki shows you were going to do?"

If I recall correctly he answered that these shows take time, or somesuch flimsy non-answer. Anybody else that was there, feel free to fill in details. That's what I have to say about that.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 08:28 am   Permalink

off the Huell and OA topic for a minute...I would love to see some of the chaos and hijinx that ensues at Santa Con without actually having to be there? Legal reasons Any chance of you setting up a "Santa Con Cam" this year Floratina? Ok, Back to you Huell...

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-09-28 08:30 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 12:11 am   Permalink

I love hewell,I acculay met him once,realy nice guy,I cant wait to see the show...

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-03 4:14 pm   Permalink

I talked to Bob at Oceanic Arts today. He says the interview with Huell was a lot of fun...They're all looking forward to seeing the finished copy in November. They are VERY BUSY at O.A (so if you have any tiki decoration plans, you better get over there and get your supplies!!!! I was lucky enough to pick up a thatch umbrella covering as they sell out in hours when they get a shipment in!!!) Anyway, from talking to Huell and Bob, it sounds like this upcoming episode (Nov. 11, 6pm & 12:30 and Nov. 22 same times) is one you want to get on tape!!!!!
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 8:28 pm   Permalink

Dawn -

Even if Santa stayed in one place throughout the event I would still lack the expertise, equipment and clearance to carry off a webcast. Santa is restless, drunk, in a state of chaos and constantly on the move. Looks like you and Frank will have to suit up and join in!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 9:01 pm   Permalink

BaaaaHummmBug!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-01 4:10 pm   Permalink

Don't forget!!!! November 10th @ 6pm for the Oceanic Arts/Huell Howser special on PBS!!!!!! Get your VCRs ready!!!
SoccerTiki

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2005-11-03 07:31 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 11:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-01 16:10, SoccerTiki wrote:
Don't forget!!!! November 11th @ 6pm for the Oceanic Arts/Huell Howser special on PBS!!!!!! Get your VCRs ready!!!
SoccerTiki

I'll be gone building another tiki bar up north. Can soneone tape this for me? Or, disc it?

Bob and Le Roy Rock! Living Ledgends!!!

Mahaloz!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 3:24 pm   Permalink

Huell Howser's website lists the airdate on his home station (KCET) to be on November 10, at 6 p.m. Be sure to check your local listings to learn when you can catch it where you live.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 6:44 pm   Permalink

I just set the TIVO to record it. It's listed under Visiting...With Huell Howser.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 10:05 pm   Permalink

My local PBS channels (KQED and KTEH) don't air the "Visiting... with Huell Howser" series, just "California's Gold". I desperately hope I am wrong, but I can't find any listings for the "Visiting..." series on PBS in the Bay Area.

Huell sells the video of the tiki episode of "Visiting..." on his website, it's episode #1310, the title of it is "Tiki", of course.

Now I have Tivo envy.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-03 07:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-02 15:24, Humuhumu wrote:
Huell Howser's website lists the airdate on his home station (KCET) to be on November 10, at 6 p.m. Be sure to check your local listings to learn when you can catch it where you live.

Yes, it will also air at 12:30 am (the 11th) and again on 11/22 at 6pm and again 12:30 am....(That's according to Huell)
SoccerTiki

BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-05 7:24 pm   Permalink

(using my Huell voice) Oh my God, that's truly spectacular!

Say, have any of you seen when Huell was on the Simpsons? It was hilarious...

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation