FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki new Huell Howser episode on OCEANIC ARTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
new Huell Howser episode on OCEANIC ARTS
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 10:54 am   Permalink

It was a good episode. I wish they would have just cut out the host! He was so annoying. Rama you were right, he did touch everything! Man, if I was the guys from OA, I would have smacked his hand away and told him not to touch. And what was with his dancing?? It didn't look like he was doing the hula, it looked like he was scared the way he kept knocking his knees together. Despite the hostess with the leastest, OA RULES!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-12 3:24 pm   Permalink

Wow...that dancing of Huell's was beyond bizarre...it looked like he drank a case of beer and couldn't hold it anymore. Or else he forgot his medicine.

I was soooooo waiting for him to break something. That South Pacific sign, the way he crashed it down, I thought for sure it was a goner. He's not a very subtle person...I've seen many of his episodes, and it looks like he's always on the verge of busting something up-usually something old, historic, or delicate.

So now I know...a shirt with fish on it is tiki. No one should ever let Huell have a mai tai ever again.

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 4:03 pm   Permalink

I stopped by OA today since I was in the area.

I was going to ask if Huell managed to break anything while he was there, but I forgot.

The employees did a reprise of their dance.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-13 08:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-11 18:54, Tiki-bot wrote:
Thanks for posting the episode. Now it's time for the Huell Howser Drinking Game: Suck 'em up every time he says "tiki". Call me before you start to let me know where to send the ambulance. I think he said it more in that half hour than all the previous times it's ever been uttered on TV - by anyone!

I mentioned to someone last night that through 3 days in Chicago for Exotica2003 or 2005, I had never heard Tiki said as much as HH did. BTW, a big mahalo to Vic for posting it. Never would have seen it on this side if it weren't for his mad video capturing skills.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVic
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-15 03:14 am   Permalink

Higher resolution video of the Oceanic Arts tour is now available at:

http://www.aridjungle.com/AridJungle/Oceanic_Arts.html

Enjoy...TikiVic

View Profile of TikiVic Send a personal message to TikiVic  Goto the website of TikiVic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-24 12:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

The employees did a reprise of their dance.

Hopefully a reprise of their dance and not Huell's, LOL...

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 5:35 pm   Permalink

It appears that this show is going to be re-run tonight at 7:30 on KCET, with the Bill Tapia episode just before it at 7:00, FYI...

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 8:02 pm   Permalink

That was awesome,

again!!

Huell needs to "get out" more often!!

Rock on!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 8:12 pm   Permalink

"Ah woke up in a Tay-ki mood this mornin and ah put on mah Tay-ki shirt...Bob is this shirt Tay-ki enough?" I'm guessing they didn't show LeRoy until 22 minutes in because he would have kicked Huell's ass way before that point...great show. Now I wanna make a trip to OA but it'll be at least 3 weeks before I can make it out there!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 10:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-24 20:12, Jason Wickedly wrote:
"Ah woke up in a Tay-ki mood this mornin and ah put on mah Tay-ki shirt...Bob is this shirt Tay-ki enough?" I'm guessing they didn't show LeRoy until 22 minutes in because he would have kicked Huell's ass way before that point...great show. Now I wanna make a trip to OA but it'll be at least 3 weeks before I can make it out there!

Whether he annoys anyone or not, Huell's usual charm is that he isn't afraid to ask the stupid questions about landmarks and places and things people often take for granted, with his "Gollee what's that?" approach. However, this time he went away from his usual modus operandi by thinking he knew what "Teekee" was. If he had done his usual "gollee" routine, the OA guys probably would have imparted more information to educate the layman PBS viewer on the whole experience. But regardless its great that they got this coverage, and the Bill Tapia show was great to see as well (not having seen the original broadcast of either).

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation