FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Oct 15th - Sabu & Tikibelle's 2nd Annual Anniversary Tiki Cocktail Party
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Oct 15th - Sabu & Tikibelle's 2nd Annual Anniversary Tiki Cocktail Party
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 12:34 am   Permalink

On October 11th, Sabu and Tikibelle will have been married for TWO years! That means that as far as anniversaries go, this one is rapidly shaping up to be our SECOND. Come celebrate the happy occasion with us at our house on Saturday, October 15th from 5:00pm until the small hours of the morning.

Here is the link to last year's party, so you can see what you're getting yourselves into:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=10877&forum=4

The tiki-party season doesn't have to end just because Hukilau is over. Come prolong it with us another weekend. Sabu will be grilling his famous spicy coconut chicken skewers and shrimp, Tikibelle will be hostessing like crazy, that broken turntable that was making the horrendous scratching sounds on our lps has been replaced, as well as the wheels on our screeching sliding glass door. Our 1950s Ranch House has been spruced up and is just begging to host a swanky exotic cocktail party.

Please come dressed in your finest tropical attire. Children are definitely welcome until 9:00pm or so, at which time the chicken begins to run out and the cannibals get hungry. Also, please feel free to bring a side dish, salad or dessert but by no means feel you have to bring something to attend. We mostly want you, so don't stress about it.

Here's where we could use your help:
Again, like last year, I will be cooking at the grill all night and could use some willing hands to take shifts at the bar. I'll have plenty of crushed ice, fresh limes, and the basic ingredients to make Mai Tais, Beachbum's Owns and Lapu lapus. If you have a drink you'd like to share, let me know and I'll tell you what ingredients I think I can supply and which I might ask you to bring. Ran's "Reverb Crashes" were a huge hit last year and all of use were inebriatingly thankful. I promise to make it my priority to keep you supplied with hot food right off the grill throughout your shift if you guest bartend for us.

Directions:

From the 405 North or South: Take the 110 (Harbor Frwy) South. Exit at 223rd Street and turn Left. Take 223rd Street for about 5 lights to Grace (light) and turn Right. Take Grace 1 1/2 long blocks to 229th Street. Continue straight one more block (jogging a little to the right) to 229th PLACE. We are at the corner of Grace and 229th Place. Address: 421 229th Place, Carson, CA 90745. There is a Stopsign on the corner and the biggest Eucalyptis Tree you will ever see in our front yard. Can't wait to see our old friends and to meet new ones. If you're new to Tiki Central and live in Southern California, this is a great way to get to know everyone and we'll make you feel welcome.

Sabu

<----[link to the e-vite for RSVP http://www.evite.com/tikibelle@gmail.com/sabu_tikibelle ]------>

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 07:19 am   Permalink

Sabu and TikiBelle,
Thanks for hosting Yet another Hoity Toity Rager, Congrats on your Two year. I regret that I am unable to attend this Gala event, unfortunately I have a previous engagement. I shall clear my roster for your third. Thanks for the invite, have fun!!!!
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 5:04 pm   Permalink

The perfect gift?

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 5:25 pm   Permalink

Hey. I think I can spot an owl in one of those photographs!

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dolphin Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-19 5:44 pm   Permalink

I may be able to make a brief appearance between 5 and 6, but I'm afraid I have a prior commitment later in the evening...

Congrats, you two!!!

View Profile of Dolphin Tiki Send a personal message to Dolphin Tiki  Email Dolphin Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-24 8:52 pm   Permalink

Bump

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-24 8:54 pm   Permalink

Congrats Sabu & Tikibell! I'll be there in spirit..

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 10:23 am   Permalink

Congrats Sabu and Tikibelle-
You can definitely count The Whale Rider and I in!!! I was thinking that I can do a shift bartending. I can serve up some Miehana's at your bar. Laura is planning on bringing some kind of desert. If there is anything else you need us to bring let us know!!
Later,
Spermy

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2005-09-25 10:28 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 10:32 am   Permalink

Utopiandreem & I will be there as well, I'll try a hour guest bartending!

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 1:50 pm   Permalink

I would gladly make it, if I would not be stuck on the wrong side of the globe.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 11:21 am   Permalink

I'm 90% sure I'll make it, in which case I'll be glad to help behind the bar. Dale is going to a drumming workshop that weekend, so I'll be coming solo.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-30 1:13 pm   Permalink

We will miss her. It was so fun having you guys crash on the couch too. Maybe we can all go to breakfast the morning after.

Love Always,
Tikibelle

.:* _.*._ *:.
.:*`*:.*. .* .:**:.
.:*

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 1:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-26 13:50, bigbrotiki wrote:
I would gladly make it, if I would not be stuck on the wrong side of the globe.

well, same with me...congrats

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 4:22 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: cyntiki 2005-10-01 10:46 ]

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dolphin Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-06 5:50 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of Dolphin Tiki Send a personal message to Dolphin Tiki  Email Dolphin Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation