FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events A Gathering of the Minnesota Ohana
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
A Gathering of the Minnesota Ohana
Chief Lapu Lapu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-15 4:19 pm   Permalink

Mr. Zombie what is this Les Baxter Grotto you speak of? Does it actually exist or is it legend of time long since past? Is it true that the goddess of hop sits clad in grass skirt and coconut bra by fountain of gems? Where mr crab runs off into the night? Please tell me it exists... I will come.

View Profile of Chief Lapu Lapu Send a personal message to Chief Lapu Lapu  Goto the website of Chief Lapu Lapu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-16 1:48 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:38 ]

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-16 4:11 pm   Permalink

Scott, Ted Tiki, ladies, it was an Awesome event! Thanks for putting it together. Carol and I really enjoyed ourselves and look forward to getting together at Mancini's. Since you all shared photos this last time, I'll talk to Quince_at_Danny's about loading some photos on his laptop for our next go around.

'til we meet again, Mahalo!

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-16 4:28 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:39 ]

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 2:59 pm   Permalink

It was very cool meeting everyone. Looking forward to seeing all of you again. Bring photos if you can.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 07:37 am   Permalink

I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 09:30 am   Permalink

The last gathering was EXCELLENT!

If you didn't make the last event, and you're in the Twin-Cities area, I hope you can make the next. Drop us a line here at TC. Would love to hear from all the tikiphiles in Minnesota.

I, Z

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 6:36 pm   Permalink

I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 11:29 am   Permalink

Calling all tikiphiles in the Twin Cities Minnesota/Wisconsin area:

THE 2ND MINNESOTA TIKIPHILE GATHERING IS HAPPENING THIS SATURDAY AT MANCINI'S IN ST PAUL, MN. 7PM.

If you are a TCer that lives in the area I hope you can join us!

I, Z

Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-18 12:43 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:40 ]

Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 3:34 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:40 ]

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 10:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha Minnesotans... and congrats on the Monday night victory! I'm not a football fan, but hate the Packers, so anytime they lose I take pleasure in it!

Anyhow, I wanted to commend you all on putting together a gathering of like minded tiki folk in your area, one like mine in Milwaukee, or Wisconsin for that matter is really lacking in a tiki scene. It is so cool that you can come together... and for two events already.

I've adopted Chicago as my tiki scene, through the old Tabu Tiki nights first, and now through other gatherings of the Chicago Tiki Ohana. I've gotten to know some really great and interesting people through the events. I hope to one day find a scene going here in my hometown... it is getting closer than 80 miles to Chicago with the opening of The Rendezvous in Kenosha.

If your group plans a trip to Chicago, I for one would come out as I'm sure many Chicagoans would to share the Aloha Spirit with you all... keep us updated!

Have fun in your future gatherings!

And if you need handcarved tikis, look me up! I'd love to do work for you!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-22 07:54 am   Permalink

Awesome idea Lake Surfer! We shold try to hook up with as many Tiki folks along the way as possible. The goal was to hit everything Tiki on the way to Chicago. Once we hit Chicago--Hala Kahiki, Shef Shangri-La, Tiki Terrace, and who knows what else. We will keep posting new info. I'm sure

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-22 7:47 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:41 ]

I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 06:33 am   Permalink

Lake Surfer,

Me and Karol Kayahhs spent a long time in Milwaukee, and had some amazing tiki parties at our backyard grotto on Howell Ave in Bayview. Wish I knew ya then! Damn. (We moved up here in Spring 04.) We could have used a big ol' carving for the back yard!

I think Feb 4 or there abouts was what we were thinking for the Chicago roadtrip. Would love to connect with other tikiphiles along the way. Probably take a friday off, get an early start, and hit the spots. One place I'm holding out for is At Random. Not tiki, but a great place nonetheless. Like a lot of things in your home town, we didn't go there often enough when we lived a mile away. If the situation is the same for you, GO, GO, GO. The drinks are better than most tiki places.

Hope we see you in the future,

I, Zombie

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation