FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events A Gathering of the Minnesota Ohana
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
A Gathering of the Minnesota Ohana
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 07:27 am   Permalink

[Edited to remove old meeting date and location.]

[ This Message was edited by: Scott McGerik 2007-09-08 06:18 ]

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 11:34 am   Permalink

[Edited to remove old meeting date and location.]

[ This Message was edited by: Scott McGerik 2007-09-08 06:19 ]

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 3:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-27 11:34, ScottMcGerik wrote:
Due to the inclement weather during the previous gathering, many were unable to attend. I'm hoping the weather on Saturday, March 10 will be a more conducive.

A venue has not been chosen yet. Suggestions are welcome. Time has been set tentatively for 6pm or there abouts.

K, we are meeting at
Grumpy's

Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 3:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-07 15:39, ScottMcGerik wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-02-27 11:34, ScottMcGerik wrote:
Due to the inclement weather during the previous gathering, many were unable to attend. I'm hoping the weather on Saturday, March 10 will be a more conducive.

A venue has not been chosen yet. Suggestions are welcome. Time has been set tentatively for 6pm or there abouts.

K, we are meeting at Grumpy's

I look forward to seeing all of you there.

I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 5:25 pm   Permalink

Calling all zombies, tikiphiles, and no-good-nicks in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Area:

Join DJs Luke Andrews and Jet Set Planet's Glen Leslie at the King & I on Friday April 13th -- lucky lucky -- for amazing music and cocktails. No cover. 10pm - 2am.
LaSalle & 14th Ave. Minneapolis.

What better way to ward off all that potential bad juju
than to head for the King & I Thai to hear a righteous
mix from DJ Luke Andrews and Higher than Fi Glen
Leslie who promises to take everybody to the Jet Set Planet?

So come one and all for great music in a Sip n' Quip/
Munch and Mingle atmosphere that'll keep you on the
good foot all night long.

Spread the Vibe!

DJs Luke Andrews (from KFAI's the Groove Garden) and Glen Leslie (KFAI's
Jet Set Planet- KFAI.org)

King & I Thai
1346 Lasalle Ave, Minneapolis
(612) 332-6928
Friday the 13th
10pm to 2am

http://www.kfai.org/node/1126

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 3:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-09 17:25, I, Zombie wrote:
Calling all zombies, tikiphiles, and no-good-nicks in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Area:

I'm going to play the part of a no-good-nick that night so beware!!!! I just might put itching powder in your sleeping bags!!!

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-14 10:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-09 17:25, I, Zombie wrote:

Join DJs Luke Andrews and Jet Set Planet's Glen Leslie at the King & I on Friday April 13th -- lucky lucky -- for amazing music and cocktails. No cover. 10pm - 2am.
LaSalle & 14th Ave. Minneapolis.

THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME OUT LAST NIGHT! It was a blast!

~glen

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 5:33 pm   Permalink

Calling all Tikiphiles in the Twin Cities! Kat and I will be at Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge on Saturday, September 22 at 6 pm. I invite everyone to join us for drinks and appetizers.

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 5:39 pm   Permalink

i hope everyone stayed out of the airport restrooms !!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 3:23 pm   Permalink

wow Minnesota does have some Ohana.....well i will be in town 9/14-9/17 leave that morning......plans have been made for me but I am sure there will be some daytime hours I am free is Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge 2519 Marshall St. NE, Minneapolis, MN, USA, 55418 worth hitting?

email me if your free at all,
drshocker@hotmail.com

evidently we are hitting some clube Sat night with a polka bar nextdoor and it will be a free for all with some of Lili's Burlesque Girls, a photog, and the guys from Cadillac (Rockabilly Band, and we will be checking thier show Sun as well)....

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 06:31 am   Permalink

Quote:
Dr. Shocker wrote:
is Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge ... worth hitting?

Depends on what you are used to with regards to Tiki bars. In the grand scheme of Tiki bars, Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge is way down the list of must-see establishments. However, given that it is currently the only Tiki in Minnesota, I'm grateful for what we have.

It has a large wooden Tiki in the patio, there are Tiki's on the walls and a decent collection of Tiki mugs to peruse. They have a largish selection of Tiki cocktails. The pizza is good and I like the appetizer menu with its deviled eggs, pickle roll ups, and tater tots. And the patio is a great place to hang out on a warm summer night.

Given that, there is no Exotica on the juke box and the Tiki cocktails tend to be too sweet. I always ask for extra lime wedges on the side. Also, the place can often be so packed there is no place to sit inside or outside.

Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 10:50 am   Permalink

Scott thanx for the response, I think I will try to hit it maybe for lunch or early evening.....it may not be the greatest but you should see what I have to deal with here in VTA

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
La Esquina Del Tiki!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-15 11:24 am   Permalink

Hey Scott, looks like my son Diego and I will be making it out there on the 22nd. Thelma is having a girls night out so I figured I should have some fun too! Another couple that was at our BBQ should be making it out there as well.

Looking forward to it!

Chris (LED Tiki)

View Profile of La Esquina Del Tiki! Send a personal message to La Esquina Del Tiki!  Email La Esquina Del Tiki! Goto the website of La Esquina Del Tiki!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-16 08:10 am   Permalink

Great! I'm looking forward to it!

Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-18 10:45 am   Permalink

the place was pretty kool the patio and the food rocked. Drinks were a bit sweet but mugs were ok.......

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation