FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace eBay: Ren Clark's Polynesian Village Tiki Mug Headhunter Rare
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
eBay: Ren Clark's Polynesian Village Tiki Mug Headhunter Rare
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 6:06 pm   Permalink

It's all over! They had to stop it in the 12th round with a major upset! Kohalacharms went down hard! Bloodied, but faculties still intact!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 6:16 pm   Permalink

Love the analogy blacksandz, but kohala probably has 3 already and just wanted a full set. Thats some major scratch for a mug.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 6:23 pm   Permalink

You have got to be kidding me? $1300+ for that?? You can get a (used) car for that price! Shoot, I can pay my morgage for almost two months with that dough!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 7:22 pm   Permalink

WHoa! I think I might just look at the pic in the BoT for a while. I dont think I will ever justify that kinda cash on a mug. The sellers gotta be stoked though

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 7:48 pm   Permalink

Well, kohalacharms does not own one. Amazing. New high rollers on Ebay every day. The prices just go up and up and up...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 8:01 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I checked out the second highest bidder guy--looks like a doubleheader collector: tiki AND gruesome/monster stuff, especially mugs. Interesting.

We may expect to see him high-rolling again, I guess.

I'm wondering about something. So, TikiFarm did a "Suffering Bastard" mug; hey, Holden, howzabout a "Severed Head" tribute?? Heck, I'd buy one. I doubt I'm alone in this...I mean, I just love the mug for its own grotesque self, not because it's uber-desirable. Hence, a good copy would please me greatly!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 10:54 pm   Permalink

Great idea Tikivixen... I bet Holden and the gang could do one helluva' Steve Crane tribute collection too!
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 07:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-26 20:01, tikivixen wrote:
So, TikiFarm did a "Suffering Bastard" mug; hey, Holden, howzabout a "Severed Head" tribute?? Heck, I'd buy one. I doubt I'm alone in this...I mean, I just love the mug for its own grotesque self, not because it's uber-desirable. Hence, a good copy would please me greatly!

I was just thinkin this myself! I skecthed up a concept, a severed tiki head, not a persons head. They could even make matching severed head on a spear swizzle sticks!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 09:31 am   Permalink

It would be an expensive mug to make. The paint would make it a high dollar item.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 12:13 pm   Permalink

The fact that Kohalacharms missed this one is absolutely tragic! My condolences Frank... I'll shed a few tears for you at my earliest convenience!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 5:40 pm   Permalink

Swanky wrote:

"It would be an expensive mug to make. The paint would make it a high dollar item."

Absolutely yes, to do it right. But compared to what an original fetches it would be reasonable! Those prices are probably also a good measure of how much interest there is out there. Moreover, I wouldn't mind it being a "special order" even if that meant it would take longer to receive it.

Anyway, just thoughts...

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 8:37 pm   Permalink

I am not sure, I never liked second bests....but that's just me.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 05:54 am   Permalink

As for Tiki Farm making a reproduction/tribute to the Ren Clark mug... bring it on baby!!! I'm never going to get a chance to own or quite possibly even see one of the real mugs with my own eyes so it's as close as I'd ever get... as long as they wouldn't do them as numbered editions. I'm thinking more along the lines of the Mai Kai Mystery bowl or the TV Kava Kava... higher priced but I'd be whipping my credit card out so quick I'd probably break my wrist! Whaddaya think Holden? Sugarcaddy?

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 3:59 pm   Permalink

YOU people amaze me, early on in my TC early days i thought about molding and reproing, in resin, a WITCO TIKI bar. you were all over me like a cheap suit. (except of course the ones who pm'd and e-mailed me to say they want one.)NOT to worry ,i droped the idea.but now you see a mug, a severd head mug, JUST A F...'N MUG go for over $1200.00, you people are all over the idea of repro'n it. shaking my head here in total ....... oh never mind. Just MY opinion ,i could be wrong TD

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2005-09-29 04:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2005-09-29 04:21 ]

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 4:45 pm   Permalink

Wow, that puppy went for a pretty 130,000 pennies or so. Tough one for me to lose, my koala dollars only go so far. Must be the exchange rate. Don't hate the Koala, hate the dingo... don't envy the Koala, fear the reaper.

Where is the the Tiki spirt, where's the esprit dee core? Where's the love? Alas, where's Bong when I need him? Further, where's my pants, 'cause the ones I am wearing, they're not familiar... nor roomy in the seat like I like 'em.

Say la Vee... I gots the love, midnite is always about the love. Always about the love, unless you're one of these mouthbreathers too frequently stealing my eBay intellectual property. Shenanigans!

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation