FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Creating Tiki Ľ Ľ Tiki Carving Ľ Ľ Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 08:14 am   Permalink

Too cool. Great work. That is indeed, one fortunate home owner.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 12:01 pm   Permalink

Incredible as always. Let me know if you need help moving that moai. I've got a crew of guys willing to give you a hand.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 1:49 pm   Permalink

More awesome work Bosko.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 1:50 pm   Permalink

More awesome work Bosko.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 07:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-25 16:07, TIKIBOSKO wrote:
The Moai (below) I did last year and the one in the foreground is still in progress. One of these days heíll take his place the front of our A-frame, but itís a little large and the location is slightly up hill, so I still have to figure out how to get it back there.

My very best Alohas

Bosko

You could try this:

http://www.tegakinet.jp/moai.htm

If that doesn't work you could try this:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=16396&forum=3

If that doesn't work, make a 5 gallon batch of Lapu-Lapus, throw some Hula Burgers or Exotica Dogs on the grill, and invite the SoCal Hoity-Toity Ohana over for an old fashioned Moai raising. I can drive a forktruck & deadlift up to a couple hundred pounds in a pinch (it depends on leverage & grip), and I'm sure we could get at least a half dozen others to help with such a project.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 09:53 am   Permalink

Those are hotter than surfing a solar flare...nice stuff..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 09:55 am   Permalink

Thanks so much for all the compliments, if this continues I will become impossible to deal with (around here).
Also thanks for the offers to move the monster, it is more procrastination than anything else holding back our moving it. We have a much heavier Easter Island head out back that Iíve moved several times before with little problem.
The Moai is made from big blocks of Styrofoam, itís coated with a cement type product made for applying over foam (there are several different brands), then you coat it with regular color coat and mix a ton of pigment into it. It is still pretty heavy as we had him flipped upside down and tied to the shop so we could stand on the roof and pour cement down a cavity with a pipe in it for support. Iím guessing it weighs about 800 pounds or more, but a single person can slowly turn it.

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 7:35 pm   Permalink

Bosko-
I want one of those. It's awesome.

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-30 8:51 pm   Permalink

Hey Bosko, Can you repost the pictures of these tikis?
I came out to your place many moons ago.
Love your work!!! We need to see more.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 08:47 am   Permalink

Wow. Big wow. Enormous giant sized Moai wow. Ive admired your work for years, and its nice to get an "insider" look at your genius....

Pono. Just Pono!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 4:01 pm   Permalink

Hello, thanks for the compliments and reminding me to post something here, I keep meaning to do so but I have a lot of pots on the stove.
I donít recall exactly what was on the broken links, I know some were panels I carved for a (then) recent job, we were unaware they got taken down.
Below are some examples of work Iíve done in the last couple of years I think most of these are in my portfolio but after thinking about it I realized most of you probably havenít seen that, duh?

First up a big Adam and Eve sculpture,

Next a small portion of a long piece of wall art I did (it hasnít been installed yet) the whole thing tells a story about my clients family arriving at their current home, the other sections have Tikis. Sorry about the quality I shot this off a ladder in my studio, once itís up Iíll hopefully have better examples.

A night shot I took of our Kapu Kai hut and the Moai which we finally got around to moving. Three guys, some ABS pipe and 15 minutes I donít know why I was dragging my feet about moving him, he went to his new position in the garden quite smoothly.

Salad bar at the Bali Hai,

Last some framed art for a gallery show but I canít recall which one, maybe the Roc La Rue thing Otto did? This is more the direction I have been working in lately hopefully Iíll get a chance to do more?

My very best Alohas

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 4:42 pm   Permalink

"This is more the direction I have been working in lately hopefully Iíll get a chance to do more?"

god i hope so, because those are completely amazing bosko!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 8:01 pm   Permalink

Bosko, I love your framed art with the two color paneling. I also love the big guy in the tropical setting. Very nice.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 8:44 pm   Permalink

I've told you before how much I love the distorted abstract look of the new stuff.
I'm telling you again....it's amazing!
Thanks for the update.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 01:59 am   Permalink

Pimp ass midcentury color panels and picasso-esque cubist tiki peeps, killer backgrounds, paint jobs, really outstanding

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation