FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 1:05 pm   Permalink

Bosko, your work always takes my breath away. Thanks for posting these pictures. Our Bosko tiki is hung in a place of honor just outside our front door and spotlighted at night. He keeps a watch on things, welcoming guests and scaring off stray cats.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 2:59 pm   Permalink

Bosko thanks for taking the time to post some new things. Always nice to see your
"twist" on things. More often pleeze!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 02:23 am   Permalink

I kinda wish you "old-timers" would post more often too...most of the pics in nearly all the older (2 years+) threads are long-gone now. The Kapu Kai is probably the coolest home bar/tiki space I've ever seen.
Some of the newer folks here may not have seen this
short doco on Bosko...

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 08:31 am   Permalink

Your dry brushing has always rocked too, Bosko. It all reeks of that good vintage mana.
Member #490

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 12:01 pm   Permalink

Bosko, great amazing work as always. Can't wait to see the pieces you did for the Howard Golen Gallery in Miami this weekend!!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 09:07 am   Permalink

Bosko... what can I say? ..."truly inspiring!"

I'm humbled and honored to be included in a show with your stuff, the work is absolutely outstanding!

If anyone is interested check it out
here

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-01 7:55 pm   Permalink

Hello again I can’t thank you folks enough for your enthusiastic replies this time around it only took me two months to get back here, below are a few pieces for the Bali Hai show tomorrow night. Since some of you aren’t going to make it down I thought I’d post them here and let you take a look.
I was planning on posting this last month but we had a big fire scare and somehow I lost a week and a half in the process. Sorry I am not taking the time to thank each of you personally but if I tried that you wouldn’t hear from me for another year.

Inspired by Witcos genius piece but with a Tiki twist

A cartoony color bar guy

Hawaiian Modern

Something about Love and alcohol.

Thanks for looking

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-01 10:07 pm   Permalink

Swank B! The last guy must have had one of your martinis

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-01 11:12 pm   Permalink

SWEET !

Uber Witko-esque, but still totally and distinctively BOSKO at the same time.

Genius.

So glad to see you posting on here, I've been a fan for years.

I'll be introducing myself tomorrow note at the Bali Hai.

Tikiyaki

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-02 05:43 am   Permalink

Fantastic!! The loose style really sets these off.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 12:59 am   Permalink

Wow- That Jazz-Man piece turned Moai is BRILLIANT!!!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 03:26 am   Permalink

Great stuff. You really nailed the Witco style but still made them your own.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 08:00 am   Permalink

Super stuff Bosko, it really looks like you have Fun with your work and it's SO Great to see you posting here more often. I love this last piece.

I guess I would have a few martinis too if I had to come home to that angry wife!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-03 08:22 am   Permalink

I absolutely love the direction your art is going in. You wield a chisel like a painter wields a brush - creating expression and movement from wood. My fav would be the cartoony bar guy.

THanks for posting!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 5:37 pm   Permalink

I've always been fond of your style. You were among the influeces to start carving. It is great to see you posting more.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation