FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Creating Tiki Ľ Ľ Tiki Carving Ľ Ľ Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-26 4:39 pm   Permalink

Fancy meeting you here!

Thanks for sharing some in-progress pics.

A very happy fellow went home with a couple of your fine redwood masks from our tent at Tiki Farm last weekend. Aloha to Truus! Sorry I couldn't make it out to the Rancho as planned. We'll get in sync before summer hits!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-26 5:00 pm   Permalink

Amazing as always. I love when you bust out the really big pieces like that. Simply one of my favorites here in the world of tiki.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-26 7:56 pm   Permalink

wow so cool big is always good keep up the good work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-27 12:22 pm   Permalink

Big N Bootiful!
Thanks for taking the time to show us some new stuff.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 11:37 am   Permalink

I will keep it simple.

AWESOME!

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 9:56 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone thanks for the wonderful comments I am not the most tech savvy guy. For me posting pictures is like turning an aircraft carrier around, cutting and pasting every ones names in Word takes more time than carving a Tiki.
That said I have tried to comment to you below if my humor sounds weird forgive me I donít/wonít put those smiley face things after a joke.

tikiskip

Hey Skip thanks, we remember you guys it was you who told me that Kahiki mystery girl story (unless that was another Skip with his wife)?

mieko

Thanks so much Mieko, hopefully weíll have a big group of the wood art pieces done by July, Iíll post more as that deal gets firmed up.

Jungle Trader

Hey Vic I have to keep you youngsters on your toes, but it was very invigorating doing that piece I am very much onto following the raw form of the wood.
Tiki-Kate

It went to a restaurant, once they send me an address Iíll post it, the crate went to Toyko

Tiki Diablo

The photographer said think of Tiki Diablo and thatís how I got the expression! I couldnít stand straight and was hunched over for a week following all that carving, thus the funny look.

Billy the Crud

Billy the Crud thanks, as soon as they send a photo Iíll post it, my next piece is more contemporary than traditional, you can take a look.

pdrake

Hey pdrake thanks, itís certainly a night Iíll never forget, that cat went to someone here on TC but we should have others coming soon.

surfintiki

Thanks for saying so Iíll be looking out for it.

GROG
Newbie? Iíve been averaging 2.8 posts per month since 2004.

Lake Surfer
Yes it was big but the secret is to use big tools! A redwood log that large would cost more than a new car (at least the ones I know about) for times sake and since I was on a deadline we decided to go the most complicated route possible, laminate each 6X12 together with glue and wood pins that expand inside the hole. Donít get me started about the shipping but once it left here it went directly to the airport and was in Japan the following day or night?

Benzart

Hey Ben thanks it means a lot coming from someone of your expertise.

seeksurf
If they send a picture I will post it, we always ask but most of our jobs leave and I never see them again.

hodadhank
Hey Hank I heard this is where all the cool people meet! Weíll see you one of these days.

Matt Reese

Hey Matt thanks, as you know I love doing the big pieces but they take a toll on my rapidly aging body, but on a happier note your place looked pretty fine in Tiki Magazine!

tiki beat by marcus thorn
Thanks and yes big is good there are more large pieces in the planning stages.

congatiki
Thanks no problem.

Kahu
THANKS!

Some of you may have noticed we stopped using palm a while back and went to exclusively redwood, a whole other post could be filled regarding that. But we recently found a local log supplier and he has huge pieces of cedar so now we can get 16 feet long 4 feet wide (and smaller) at that size they weigh a ton but that is what we are concentrating on in the coming weeks, although not 16 feet long.
Again sorry I donít post more I only tend to write when I have something to say or respond to. I have kids and a whole other art thing going so time is not my friend.

Take a look at todayís effort actually the last three or four days.

You can also take a look at why I am so busy and what we found in the chicken coop,

and my new profession, Steve Erwin's replacement.

My Very best Alohas,

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 10:04 pm   Permalink

Krikey!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 10:18 pm   Permalink

DANGER DANGER!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 4:49 pm   Permalink

Terrific carve, it is always a treat to see you post!

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 4:55 pm   Permalink

Another great size and only 3 or 4 days wow
nice work.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 7:53 pm   Permalink

Nice catch! Oh the tiki is great too.
If you ever start a tutorial thread on working with redwood I'll be listening.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 8:41 pm   Permalink

Hey Matt first a tutorial on snake catching, that was the fourth one this year (a record for this early in the season) I found a 6 foot brother of the one in the photo the next day, they seem to be all over the place for whatever reason.

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 05:02 am   Permalink

That's a little scary. What kind of snake is that anyways?
Great photos. You should do a voodoo postcard.

harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 06:05 am   Permalink

Crikey alright!!

Love those big tikis man. Your backyard is amazing.

Those japanese must have a lot of coin to be shipping that big heavy sucka all the way across the pacific!!

keep it up mate and look forward to more pics from you.

cheers,
harro.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 12:55 pm   Permalink

Hey Matt I think its a gopher snake but I'm no herpetologist, there is a snake around here that looks just like it which I'm told is called a "bull" snake, it imitates a rattle snake, it makes the sound with it's mouth and shakes it's tail, very fascinating.
Thanks harro.

Bosko

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation