FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 6:14 pm   Permalink

That snake carving is VERY realistic - excellent work! Nice tiki as always!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-03 11:52 am   Permalink

Yeowza! those are some biggun tikis! VERY nice work. I love your Moai garden too. very lush with tiki goodness.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-04 07:23 am   Permalink

Aloha BOSKO!!!

I have been a fan of yours for some time now and this new piece (Ku ) is incredable another piece of carving magic from you. I know we all would love to see more of your excelent work, Mahalo for sharin with us and Aloha your friend, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 09:51 am   Permalink

Ahoy here are a few more new cedar pieces, we have them up on our website if your interested and if anyone from Tiki Central is into buying one we'll give you some sort of decent discount.
It looks like I am doing a show at M Modern (Palm Springs) this July so I am thinking all Witco style wood art pieces, I may be posting some of those as that gets closer.
We are going back to the log supplier soon and I plan to do some large non-Tiki sculptures.

But below are the Tiki carvings...

Below is one of my Hawaiian modern interpretations, it runs about seven and a half feet high.

Just plain California modern, I have another larger one I am working on today.

Wood Easter Island Moai, I am planning to do some large versions of these.

The next two are front and back of a big 9 foot plus totem style, I did a "story" that runs up the back.

Thanks for looking and all the great (previous) comments, I have to get back to work.

My very best Alohas

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 9:22 pm   Permalink

dejevu.

I had a dream about those tikis last night!!!

Dreampt they we heavy!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 12:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-14 21:22, RevBambooBen wrote:
dejevu.

I had a dream about those tikis last night!!!

Dreampt they we heavy!!!!

THAT was heavy, brother Ben.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 4:21 pm   Permalink

I really like the "story" on the back of the tiki.

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 12:48 am   Permalink

Mmmmmm I could gofer snake. (budump bump, hey is this thig on? tip yer waitress) I miss the the BBQed rattler cooked to perfection @ the Lamberville Station on the Delaware river. Heck freeze that sucker for me will ya?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-16 05:14 am   Permalink

A bull snake is also known as a gopher snake...either way creepy critters. I think we are in for a long hot summer filled with snakes.

Tiki totem is awesome awesome awesome.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-16 10:41 am   Permalink

Bosko, you continue to be my favorite tiki carver. Awesome !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 11:39 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone here's the four pieces we sent to the big Tiki art show (for Hukilau) at the Harold Golen Gallery in Miami.
Take a look if you are there and say hello, if your not busy Saturday at Hukilau I am doing a Tiki talk which should be interesting.
In fact I have to get back to work on it right now.

My very best Alohas

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderbob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-28 1:26 pm   Permalink

Awesome stuff, too bad the Hukilau is so far away. Would love to see some stuff which has been posted here recently in their whole beauty instead of photos.

Bosko, I like all of your creations, but the framed moai in the canoe is way cool !

Bobo

View Profile of Traderbob Send a personal message to Traderbob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 2:14 pm   Permalink

Such a good style...so well done...LOVE 'em!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 5:06 pm   Permalink

Great, Outstanding, Classic stuff LOVE IT.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 06:27 am   Permalink

yeah that moai in the canoe is outstanding - classic Bosko, just awesome.

Would love to hear you talk about tiki one day.

That 9 footer with the story on the back is damn cool too.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation