FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 10:55 am   Permalink

Bosko, all these new pieces are super tight! I love the mood that they set with the colors and the character of the tikis. Your grasp of perspective on a flat carving adds so much action to the pieces. Again, great work on all of them, they are wonderful works of art.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 4:23 pm   Permalink

Great stuff Bosko, I love your minimal use of color.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 7:18 pm   Permalink

Bosko, I just discovered your web site this evening and I love your work!! I will be ordering some goodies for my future tiki bar (currently in the "gathering stuff for it" phase). I have a question for you, did you do the mask carvings for the Tiki Farm bars? I just recently bought one of the earlier bars and the matching shelf unit that goes with it (both with the wooden masks) and the masks bear a strinking resemblance to your work. Thanks!

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 7:36 pm   Permalink

Great stuff. The story on the back of the big one is a really nice touch. It eliminates the ol' "put the tiki's back into the corner" thing. The classic Bosko look in full effect! Always a treat and inspiration seeing your stuff.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 11:07 pm   Permalink

killer stuff bosko!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 6:58 pm   Permalink

Bosko, Thanks for the Mug and the time taklking, sorry I took you away from your customers. Sorry too I didn't get the time update and was late to your show, what I saw was Great and I was Really disappointed I missed the first part. Come see us again, you're Welcome Anytime.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-13 1:27 pm   Permalink

Hello everyone, I have a feeling I should be posting this in events but I don’t have all the info so I’m putting it here for now. I have been working on a “solo” show that is going to be at M-Modern Palm Springs, but it opens this next Friday (the 18th) at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas if anyone is in the area please stop by and take a look it’s in conjunction with “Crime on Canvas, Las Vegas’ biggest art show ever”. I have been working on a group of the wood art since we got back from Hukilau, I am trying to get a couple of paintings out at the same time and a couple of mugs for Oasis so I am burning the candle at both ends as they say.

The pieces below were done with a more “Modern” twist since the show was/is going to be in Palm Springs.

Thanks for looking,

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-13 1:51 pm   Permalink

That's great. I bet someone will buy the second one to hang it into their Alexander, and visitors will not be able to tell it's not vintage.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-13 4:00 pm   Permalink

Dig these man. Thanks for the sneak peek.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2009-05-31 7:17 pm   Permalink

Hey BOSKO,

What's new lately?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-01 06:46 am   Permalink

NICE!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-01 12:44 pm   Permalink

REALLY NICE !

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-01 12:58 pm   Permalink

Yea, Bosko....what you got goin on ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-24 11:19 am   Permalink

Hello all, sorry I don’t post as much as I should but I haven’t been carving like I used to so not as much Tiki work to show.
Having said that apparently I am not paying attention or my brain cells are going as I have no idea how I missed this post getting bumped up a few weeks ago, I do check here regularly but just didn’t see it, in any case thanks for the interest everyone.

We have three new mugs in progress (no photos yet they are in the mold) that we’re “hoping” to debut at Oasis, I am also plodding along working on my presentation for Tiki Oasis, it is going to be about Tiki mugs if you are there please stop by it should be interesting.
We shot the new Beachbum Berry book cover a few months ago, if you come to my talk you can see it there or I am told the bum showed it at Hukilau

We’re in the early stages of planning a new wood art show (hopefully) opening in October, I’ll post more here as that develops.

The last few months I have been in a New Guinea frame of mind, and here’s the latest,

the mug is our newest piece of ceramic.

The cartoony guy I did about a month ago, carved out of cedar.

The two below I finished yesterday and the are each about 6 foot tall carved out of solid cedar.

Again thanks for your interest and if you have any questions or comments please let’s hear them.

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-24 11:28 am   Permalink

great stuff Danny,
I really like those a lot.

can't wait for your show.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation