FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki storm clouds loom for trader vics chicago
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
storm clouds loom for trader vics chicago
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 2:33 pm   Permalink

AYE.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 3:11 pm   Permalink

I just bought tickets yesterday morning to see Aerosmith at the United Center that night - if things go late at Trader Vic's, maybe we'll catch you

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-12 09:11 am   Permalink

I live in the burbs but have never been to TV's so if this deal is on for sure, then this will be my reason to go.

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 09:35 am   Permalink

That's crummy news... When I lived in Milwaukee we made the trip down a few times a year to do our homemade tikibar crawl, and TV was always on the list, of course.

Quince_at_Danny's and I will talk it over with our wahine and see if we can swing it. Tentative aye for now, will confirm soon.

I, Zombie

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-14 06:51 am   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing you guys there! My ticket seems to be good. The glitch on Flyi.com was written up in the Washington Post and they say they are going to honor the tickets that were sold during the glitch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/12/AR2005101202028.html

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGoon 2005-10-14 06:59 ]

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 09:07 am   Permalink

we'll make the trek up, the 10th is good, anything on a weekend works for us

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-16 6:32 pm   Permalink

Finally home... catching up.

AYE for December 10th.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 06:39 am   Permalink

AYE!!

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 4:35 pm   Permalink

There are signs up at Trader Vic's saying that they are closing after New Year's Eve. So it is now official and no longer speculation.

I will be in Barcelona that night, so I won't be there for the final night.

I know that The Chef is having a shindig too, but I hope some of you will show up up on the 31st to say farewell to this Chicago Tiki landmark.

Less than five weeks from now, the last true Tiki bar within the city limits will be gone!

So...
As for the 10th... do we have a time set to meet?

Tiki Terrace is having show that night - I wonder if there's a way to fit both in?

I wonder if we can talk Scott into starting his show later that night so we can hit Trader Vic's for a few hours and then finish up at the Terrace?

Any ideas?

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 4:49 pm   Permalink

it was never speculation......but unadultered fact..

tell the fat lady she's on in 31 days........

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-29 5:25 pm   Permalink

This is very sad. I tried to go there last April before the Green Bay Fest but it was closed on Sunday. Of course, I didn't know then its days were numbered.

I'll always have fond memories of our night there on the first day of Exotica in '03.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 1:50 pm   Permalink

This is really, really bad news.

Any of you old timers remember this thread from before Exotica?

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=250&forum=1&start=0&hilite=trader%20vics%20chicago

(Bigbro: Sorry, I spelled your name wrong in my old post - but I was on a true Trader Vics high that night.)

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-01 04:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-29 16:35, tikibars wrote:
So...
As for the 10th... do we have a time set to meet?

I am thinking 6-6:30, unless you guys have other ideas. Do you think we need reservations?

Quote:

Tiki Terrace is having show that night - I wonder if there's a way to fit both in?

I wonder if we can talk Scott into starting his show later that night so we can hit Trader Vic's for a few hours and then finish up at the Terrace?

Any ideas?

I would really love to check out the Tiki Terrace, but I will be without car, so it depends on how far away it is.

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-01 05:23 am   Permalink

So for December 10th we have: James, BK, Hala, Exotica, Lake and Me (Tiki Goon). I am bringing a friend, is anyone else going? It would be good to get a rough count so we can make reservations.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 08:10 am   Permalink

I made my first and last trip to TV during the Exotica this summer. It probably the only good tiki bar that I have ever been too. Well, I have a nice picture of me sitting at the bar.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2005-12-01 08:10 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation