FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events November 19th at The Novato Grotto! Now with information!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
November 19th at The Novato Grotto! Now with information!
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 11:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-19 16:09, thejab wrote:
Keep your eyes peeled for the exit off Highway 101 northbound. If you miss it you have a long drive ahead of you before you can turn around. It happened to me once.

It's so classic that I read your post after I did the same thing.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 11:31 am   Permalink

Martin & Rebecca,
Thanks again for an excellent time.
You just can't beat a Tiki Central crowd for enjoyment.
I look forward to the next gathering.
Unga

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 11:47 am   Permalink

Hey that was fun! Ditto what Unga said.

Mr. Mai Tai and Maria, sorry I kept calling Maria, Wendy. Jeez.

It was fun singing to Sleepwalk, even though there's no words. Judd, you are a crackup.

It was good to visit and talk to everyone and just hang, in one place.
Good job Martiki and Rebecca!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 3:19 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for the invite pally, great company and ultra-strong drinks. Your Matt Helm type bar intro made for a great demo, you have the classic spage age bachelor pad set-up, too bad you ain't single but maybe this is why...alohasville, cats.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 3:36 pm   Permalink

Wow, what a great party! Thanks so much, Martin & Rebecca -- you know how to throw a solid wing-dinger. It took me until late evening yesterday to recover, though.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 4:42 pm   Permalink

Hear! Hear! Denise and I had a blast!! A huge thanx to Martiki and Rebecca for a wonderful evening.
Martiki, your drinks were spectacular!! Welcome back Aquazombie and Tiki-Goddess. Also good to see the Hooptylau gang again...We're already looking forward to the next get together, whenever that may be.
Actually, we're planning on extending our Thanksgiving celebrations and heading to Trader Vics SF for happy hour (Friday) - anyone care to join us?

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 5:03 pm   Permalink

I was wondering why we didn't see any posts to this thread on Sunday afternoon, then we saw Mr. Thrill at about 1 pm Sunday afternoon, and he looked, ummm, slightly worse for wear? oops, I'm sorry, he was looking dashing as always

Mr Pineapple was feeling a little rummy himself Sunday, but little Carter Pineapple once again saved Mommy and Daddy from themselves!

I suppose it went late? M & R - you two are consistently the best hosts in town! It was just lovely, and I was drinking juice! even Martin's virgin drinks are special and yummy!

xoxox
mrs. pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 9:52 pm   Permalink

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Martin and Rebecca are wonderful hosts and two really cool folks that embody the aloha spirit and know how to throw a party. Thanks for a fun weekend filled with laughter, music and booze...lots and lots of booze. Big fun! One more Mahalo for all the killah grinds! Denise's rice was tasty, The pineapple's poke was mackin', da Grille's mac salad broke da mouth and The jab's chicken was ono! We all ate and drank like we were dang ol ali'i, man.
Here are my pics, enjoy:

http://homepage.mac.com/chongolio/PhotoAlbum12.html

To all my friends,
Chongolio

" I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain
www.Lost-Isle.com
www.piggod.com

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-22 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-21 17:03, mrs. pineapple wrote:

I suppose it went late?

We gave in about 4:00AM, then started again with a hair of the dog at 9:00.

Thank you Martin, Rebecca, and Clem for a rip-roarin' time!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-22 10:46 am   Permalink

Sure would love to see some more photos of this grand evening. Who's got 'em? Post 'em! Thanks for your pix Chongolio.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 12:14 am   Permalink

Sorry I missed all the fun...
Great pics though Chongolio.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-11-23 1:10 pm   Permalink

Whoa, is it Wednesday already? Things have been kind of blurry. Thank you all so much for coming out and all of the kind words here. We had a great time. Thanks all for the great food and booze- the ohana rules as always.

Here's some of our pix:

Humu says, "Oooooooh! Falernum!"

Mr. Smiley is clearly alarmed by the presence of Clem

Unga does not find this amusing

Lots more here:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8CYuGzhw3aMQw

Malaho everyone!!!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 4:18 pm   Permalink

Utopiandreem & I was blow away to see so many TCers! Thank you Martin & Rebecca for your hospitalty. The Novato Grotto was great to see in person!

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-16 1:48 pm   Permalink

Woo Hoo! Check out this SF Gate article on the Romberio
Christmas House!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/12/16/NBG26G6U6G1.DTL

----put a coat on that kid-I think she is frozen solid!

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation