FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events hukilau was fantastic.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
hukilau was fantastic.
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-04 11:54 am   Permalink

Hey Chief,

Somewhere's on TC you should post photos of the ENTIRE "Room of the Gods" now that you got it in ship shape.

I, Z

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JonPez
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-07 5:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-04 00:50, tikivixen wrote:
"Plus, they might be worth something nowadays. Geekdom never dies, but character actors do, and then their relics appreciate".

Gosh, I sure hope so. Got a big collection of Dr. who stuff from back in the day. Have some of the most esoteric fan club stuff from back then.
Also, helped me realize that 18-foot-long scarves and Hawaiian shirts sometimes DO go together...

View Profile of JonPez Send a personal message to JonPez  Goto the website of JonPez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrdevine

Posted: 2005-11-13 12:10 am   Permalink

Yma Sumac is not only 83 years old, but she is very reclusive, and prior to 2005, she hadn't been seen in public for 8 years! She is a legend and a true original and considered ROYLATY in Peru and a mystery everywhere else. Her voice is incomparable. To this day, she gets fan mail from all corners of the globe, from ages 19 to about 75, in countless languages. She only made 5 records, yet they have been reissued on a an almost constant basis, for close to 60 years. One day that (now)$20 autograph will be able to put your grandchildren through college. As of late, there are german, french, peruvian documentaries out on her, and a US one on the way. Shatner's ONLY comparison to Yma Sumac is, perhaps, that they both have stars on Hollywood Boulevard. I think his is about 4 spaces east of Donald Ducks....

View Profile of Mrdevine Send a personal message to Mrdevine  Email Mrdevine Goto the website of Mrdevine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 7:29 pm   Permalink

We are now selling the remaining glassware from this years Hukilau. There are 50 sets remaining of the first glassware ever created for Hukilau. Art by Derek and design by myself and Cpt. Pokie! At $26 per set, these should make a great addition to your collection at an affordable price! Plus, they're actually functional for those favorite libations from the Grog Log and Intoxica and beyond! Look for more at next years event plus more designs from Tiki Kiliki in the very near future.

Find them
HERE

Numbers will be updated several times daily to let you know how many remain.

Any questions, just PM me!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 10:55 pm   Permalink

I own a set and love'em!
See you at the 50th Kiliki!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation