FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-08 6:22 pm   Permalink

OK, the group shot (my personal favorite) is up and ready for downloading. It's a 300 dpi 7.5x10 inch image that should give you a good print on pretty much any system. The downside to all that resoution is that it's about 1.3 meg in size.

Click the picture to begin downloading it.

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ This Message was edited by: SilverLine 2010-01-13 20:29 ]

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-08 6:44 pm   Permalink

GREAT SHOT BRAD!!! A super big thanks to you for taking so much time to document the event in pictures. I know you missed out on a few things because of your dedication to preserving the moments for all of us who were there (and all of the TC ohana who were with us in spirit). I must say that the only thing missing from this group photo is....YOU!
Thanks again too for helping me to prepare my gift to the other attendees. Couldn't have done it without you.
And one last comment to the whole community; this is the greatest group of ugly, snarling, tounge displaying men I have ever had the pleasure to spend a weekend with.
Gents, YOU'RE THE BEST! Your friend 8FT

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 11:31 am   Permalink

I finally got around to downloading my pictures today.

Crazy Al discovers the edge Benzart can put on a chisel.

Go to sleep Coon Tiki...

Tiki Diablo works on the big piece.

Crazy Al works on the big piece.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 2:41 pm   Permalink

Looks like you guy's had a great time. Thanks for posting all the stories and pics of your experience. I'm also glad to see everyone made it back home safely. That sounded like a pretty scary experience with the near miss head on'er. Good to see the fellas hanging out all in one place. The Coon tiki Al carved was pretty rad. I got a kick out of that;)

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 2:44 pm   Permalink

I liked Al's tater masher mallet.

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 9:52 pm   Permalink

HI!

I just thought I'd post a few shots of my Benzart project from our awesome weekend of carving and bonding over Mai Tai's & "Coffee". After staining it, I aged it using BK's Super-Secret Patented Ageing process known only to those fortunate enough to have been there, plus a few more techniques of my own that I've picked up during my years as a VFX Miniatures Set Dresser, and it came out looking like thus:

I guess I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the way that it turned out. I wish I could say that for our other project. Here's where it ended up:

Mine is the one that is almost black, since I was the first to start the "F-ed Up Tiki Burning Ritual".

Now that I FINALLY have the right chisels (they arrived the Saturday that we were there), I plan on doing my Coon-Tiki Bretheren proud and carving up a nice piece 'o palm to look the way the lesson was supposed to have been! I'll post it soon...

Anyway, I had a blast and it was GREAT getting to know everyone!

C-Ya!

Lee

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 08:04 am   Permalink

That's a neat finish on your benzart project piece Lee - the texture is very cool.

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 08:47 am   Permalink

Boy That group shot is great. I wouldn't want to cross your tribe. You even have a Tiki Raccoon mascot anothe reason not to mess with you. Raccoons can get mean as hell also.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 3:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-09 21:52, Tiki Lee's wrote:Mine is the one that is almost black, since I was the first to start the "F-ed Up Tiki Burning Ritual".

Hi Lee! Yes, there's something cathartic about putting unsatisfactory work behind you and moving on. I enjoyed sharing the tiki-fire with you! Your Benzart project should be kept FAR from heat and flame, however! That turned out really nice!!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 10:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks T.G. & S.L.!

Yeah, that ceremonial fire was hypnotising, to say the least. Who's elses Tiki's ended up in there? I know Swanky threw at least three more in after Silverline's & mine were gone.

Oh yeah... Silverline, when can we get some full-rez photos? I'm all anxious to put my album together!!

C-Ya!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 06:10 am   Permalink

I put mine in, but mine had major rot, 2 inches wide and top to bottom dead center. Hopeless. The others I tossed in the fire were either untouched knotted pieces or very minimally carved pieces no one really worked on.

I'll post my bad Benzart project soon. And that's not Michael Jackson Bad, just plain bad.

The future for Coon Tiki will be a bit different. Nawger Nob will host the classes in their shop. We are looking to do a complete piece over a weekend. Try to get from rough out to sanding if possible. Likely one instructor, maybe two. We'll rent a few cabins all near each other and we can do some cabin crawls. We'll also look to move it more into the warmer season. Just this little bit later and it's so different here. The dogwoods are in bloom, lots of green. But that should lower costs and make things more comfortable for everyone, while at the same time keeping us together. We may also do a couple of Coon Tiki events. Do another basic class with Benzart. It's really a matter of how much interest there is. Having one instructor makes it cheaper and I think concentrating on one project let's you get more out of it. Get on the mailing list!
Top of the page and you'll be up on the latest.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 4:29 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-04-08 18:22, SilverLine wrote:
OK, the group shot

I guess no one has done this yet (And I know how we all like to put faces with names, So prepare yourselves for a matching game. I now present to you the members of "THE ORIGINAL COONTIKI BROTHERHOOD".

I will provide their Tiki Central Name and if they did not YET have one, their first names. Believe me we sorta suggested heartily that anyone who attended Coontiki but is a TC lurker needed to register as soon as they got home and unpacked. So without further delay, here's the gang!

From Left to Right.
Back Row:VONTIKI, TIKI LEE'S, BASEMENT KAHUNA, CRAZY AL, TONY, DOUBRAVSKY, TIKIGAP, CONGATIKI

Center Row: TIKI DIABLO, VINI-TIKI-VECHI, LINDY, TIKISKIP, AARON'S AKUA, KAPU KAHIKI

Front Row: 8FT TIKI, JIM, SWANKY, BENZART

NOT PICTURED: OUR HUMBLE PHOTOGRAPHER: SILVERLINE

What up Danny, Coon got your tounge ?

EDITED TO CORRECT MY MISTAKE (GETTING JIM & TONY SWITCHED.) IT'S RIGHT NOW !

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki 2006-04-13 18:41 ]

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 4:52 pm   Permalink

8ft, thanks for naming everyone. I tried but could not get it straight. Super Picture Silverline. Super event Swanky.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 5:53 pm   Permalink

Thank You for the names and faces , it's nice to see all these talented people and now be able to recognize them.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 06:28 am   Permalink

'cept you have Jungle Jim and Tony reversed. Jim has been a regular at Hukilau and at the Hapa Haole Hideaway. His business requires travel from Tennessee to Puerto Rico, so I see him here regularly.

Martin and Lindy are from Atlanta and will be at Tiki Torch Nights for sure. I don't recall meeting them before, but I am sure I'll see them again now.

We are supposed to go pick up the stuff from the cabin this evening, so I hope to get at some carving again soon. I have a spot picked out for the big guy and VonTiki donated his mask to me. It's going in the new tropical gardens here. I'll get Ms Swanky on finishing the big tiki...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation