FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 6:44 pm   Permalink

Swanky, thanks for pointing that out. I can't believe I did that. I corrected my post above.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-14 01:37 am   Permalink

here's the grand Benz'Al'ie!

i think someone punched my side in the eye... something's got to get the tiki looking angry.........

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-14 01:55 am   Permalink

check out the wood'zy critters hanging out at the Lodge

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-14 09:00 am   Permalink

Great pictures C A!! That little coon-tiki is an illusive creature; VERY hard to capture.

Here's our mighty hunter, Crazy Al, in action stalking that wily beast:

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ This Message was edited by: SilverLine 2006-04-14 09:01 ]

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-14 09:04 am   Permalink

Silverline, Excellent pic's, Well Done!!
Crazy Man Al, excellent job on the Lesson tiki, you get an A++ for the project and win first place. The CoonTiki carving was the highlight of the whole weekend. Watching you create that piece from a bare log was very inspirational, thanks, BIG Time.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 09:56 am   Permalink

Benzzzzz... not that i didn't want to sneak a peek at 'the Devil' at work, as he has become a tremendous craftsman.... You are the reason i spent my existing airline voucher on a trip to Tennessee. And in two seconds in the door i get my first lesson in sharpening a knife since my childhood with my Grandfather.... and a full proof method at that!!!
Your 'creating' pg here at TC blows my mind... and gets me back to whittling! I believe you single handedly inspired my chess set
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/chess.html
THANK YOU BENZ-ART!
Swanky your open invitation also cemented a trip to the woods to get back to nature. Other then Tarzan, my favorite show in the whole world was Grizzly Adams.... ok... and Johnny Quest, but that's a cartoon.....but what ever... I think I'll stop typing now..... didn't see any bears other then those made of wood, and considering the latest news of the local bear population... we where lucky

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-04-15 10:01 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 7:40 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al, It's ME who is SO glad You came to my little carving Seminar. I'm sure yo looked at your tickets options and they said Tennessee and you said "Where the hell izzat at". But sinct Swank was doing something there you said"Hmm Maybe go to swanks bar and soak a few maitais up and roll on home. So Benz happened to be there and we had a great time , So I showed you how to sharpen your chisels, look how well they had been cutting before "Benz time". You sai I inspired you to do that set of chessmen. I think you looked at my work and said"That crap's eazy I can do dat wit me eyes closed"and it forced you to look deep down inside yourself at that Artist who hides there when he don't wanna do nuttin, and it made you Kick him in the butt and get back to Real work. You demanded all that he was capable of and got that and more. No, you were the inspiration for me my friend. not just your Art, it was great, but your art Business. Carving a piece, marketing it and reproducing that piece. I make a piece , sell it,,,its gone. That something missing wasyou. That got me started carving tikis again. I'm slippin on the duplicating pieces but that is my newyears resolution thei year: to bring benzarts to the peeps for less moneybut high qualiy. So I inspired you and you inspired me and we inspire everybody else, or at least you do.
We have to find a way to work together more, soon.You heard it here first folks!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 11:47 am   Permalink

is Benz Psychic?????????

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 11:48 am   Permalink

YES!!

TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-18 7:32 pm   Permalink

W-H-O-A! I thought BK's post was scary enough...now I find 'Kreeepy Karvinz Psychic Lovefest' going on with Benz & C'Al!!! C'mon, I was looking for new carvings here fellas...your starting to freak me out! What really happened to the folks deep in the mountains?
(banjo)
(guitar)
(banjo)
(repeat)

Benzing bAnAnAs!!!

flippity-flip-flop-flippp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-18 9:44 pm   Permalink

I swear I heard that song the first night. I slept with one eye open!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 12:33 pm   Permalink

Somebody asked for more pictures of this guy:

The hair is casowary feathers

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 4:08 pm   Permalink

That carving reminds me of that George Carlin joke "If I could reach, I'd never leave the house."

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 6:53 pm   Permalink

I finally got all of my Coontiki pictures uploaded and adjusted and I wanted to share some of them. My plan was to fill all 3 of my discs with shots of the beginning of the activities because I knew that on Saturday Silverline was going to arrive like the cavalry loaded with the big guns and he would take the really good pictures. I just hoped to capture some of the early moments with the camera I had.
I was fortunate enough to be able to arrive a day early and enjoy some quiet time with the Legends before most of the attendees checked in. So here are a few of the things you may have missed or just imagined........

Ben talking to Swanky's awesome New Guinea figure in the Hapa Haole Hideaway.

Al reclines upon the throne of contemplation.

More of the tiki decor in the fabulous Hideaway.

We all wait in anticipation of seeing what BK has wrapped up
in the blanket!!

Friday morning at the cabin. BK with his amazing Tangaroa.

Benzart admires Basement Kahuna's work up close.

The instructors discuss the variety of tools BK has brought. (I try to take a picture while I pinch myself because I can't believe I am really here).

This is TNTIKI who now owns the BK tang. He lives in Tenn. and although he wasn't an official student attendee, he drove to visit us every day. He's a great guy. I really enjoyed talking with him and he has a great laugh too. That is Jungle Jim (left) and TikiLee's (right).

Well, that's all for today but I have some more from the carvers stores and wood lot. More fun to come!!! 8FT

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-21 9:06 pm   Permalink

Great pics 8ft! Let's see some more!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation